Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Jude 1:4 For some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. They were written about long ago as being deserving of this condemnation because they are ungodly. They turn the grace of our God into uncontrollable lust and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah.[d]

5 Now I want to remind you, even though you are fully aware of these things, that the Lord who once saved his people from the land of Egypt later destroyed those who did not believe.
v 4 - one Lord Jesus
v 5 - the Lord saved his people in Egypt.
Therefore Jesus saved the people in Egypt.

But i thought YHWH saved his people in Egypt.
Exodus 3:7 The Lord said, “I have certainly seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their cry caused by their slave masters. I really do understand their pain, 8 so I have come down to deliver them from their domination by[h] the Egyptians and to bring them out of that land to a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey, to the territory of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now, listen carefully! The cry of the Israelis has come to my attention about how severely the Egyptians have been oppressing them. 10 So go! I am sending you to Pharaoh. Bring my people the Israelis out of Egypt.”

Therefore Jesus is YHWH.

Anyone want to argue against this interpretation of Jude?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Jude - the Lord saved his people

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

I note that JW wrote here

viewtopic.php?p=1130127#p1130127
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:30 am
Revelations won wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 am...

I might also ask where and who this got is the brought the children of Israel out of Egypt tho dwelt among men?

YHWH [Jehovah] is the God of Israel that freed Israel out of Egypt. This is clear from the bible narrative.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
But I am sure he will have more to say :).
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:07 pm ...
Anyone want to argue against this interpretation of Jude?
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Ps. 110:1

There are two that can be called Lord. It doesn't mean they are both the one and only true God.

But, I would like to know, why do you want to revoke the teachings of Jesus? He clearly says there is only one true God that is greater than him. And still you want to say Jesus is the one and only true God. If you think Jesus is the God, why don't you believe his words?

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3
… the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Whatever Jesus does, it is because of God and by God's power and authority:

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

Jesus is the mediator between God and men. He can act like God on earth, but the credit goes to God. If Jesus saves, it is actually God, through Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

Maybe you could compare Jesus to a president of a country. President acts in the name of country. And can make deal in the name of a country. When the president makes a deal, it can be said that the country made the deal. Yet, we all I hope understand that the president is not himself the country. I think the same is with Jesus. He can make a deal in the name of God, but he is not himself the one and only true God.

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to 1213 in post #3]

You aren't engaging with Jude.

I mean does anyone want to debate the topic not post random bible verses and text walls.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:51 pm [Replying to 1213 in post #3]

You aren't engaging with Jude.

I mean does anyone want to debate the topic not post random bible verses and text walls.
1213 has not posted "random Bible verses." The verses he quoted directly have to do with the subject at hand. So are JehovahsWitness' links.

Jude says that God is our Savior: "...To the only God, our Savior [the Father, YHWH], through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever." (Jude 25, NASB) (Brackets mine.) Jude knew that YHWH is our Savior, and Jesus is the means by which He saves (saved through Jesus). Indeed Jude says in verse 1:

"...To those who are called, beloved in God the Father,and kept for Jesus Christ."

Jude speaks of the Father, God, throughout. Jesus is the Lord of earthly lords, and does not have the title of God. Jude clearly says that the Father is God.

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #5]

How did Jesus the Lord save Israel from Egypt?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #7

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:58 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #5]

Jehovah saved the people from Egypt, working through Jesus who was most likely in the cloud by day and the fiery column by night.

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:11 pm

Jehovah saved the people from Egypt, working through Jesus who was most likely in the cloud by day and the fiery column by night.
Why would God used inspired scripture to say Jesus is the Lord who saved people from the land of Egypt but not mention your distinctions that help preserve your beliefs?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #9

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:52 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:11 pm

Why would God used inspired scripture to say Jesus is the Lord who saved people from the land of Egypt but not mention your distinctions that help preserve your beliefs?
Jesus being in the cloud and the fiery column would go along with him saving the people out of Egypt, would it not? But just where does the scripture say that Jesus "is the Lord" who saved people from Egypt?

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »