What is "Worship"?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

What is "Worship"?

Post #1

Post by William »

Generally when the phrase "Worship God" is expressed, the idea of what that means is reflected in the image above.

Is there any underlying agreement which can be identified to answer the question "What is Worship of God?"?

Bobcat
Apprentice

Re: What is "Worship"?

Post #61

Post by Bobcat »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:06 am
Bobcat wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:21 pm
William wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:04 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:18 pm
William wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:50 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:40 pm Jesus described genuine worship here.
The question is "what is worship" rather than "what is genuine worship".

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth……”
The context is that those who worship what they do not know are not worshipping at all.

This suggests one has to know what it is one is worshipping but still does not answer what worship is.
What it says is that "true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth" but what is
'spirit' or 'truth' is not explained.
Added to that is the concept of "the Father is seeking such to worship Him" with an added clue that "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
He also states we are justified by our words and went on to say that the word of God is spirit. So that means genuine worship is by speaking God’s word period. We also have been taught by scripture that the truth is the word of God. So worshiping in spirit and in truth is again speaking God’s word.
Many claim that the Bible is "the word of God". Is this the context you are using the phrase?
Jesus does say that God’s word is Spirit and life.

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

God’s word is in the Bible but not all of the Bible is the word of God.
Re that, would you therefore admit that "Gods Word" is not just contained "in the Bible".

ME: Hard to say. I think at the very least any God would have to be aware of Itself as “being” a “God”.

GOD: The Mother is Love

ME: Yes. Maybe Jesus thought the same about The Father?

GOD: A Perfect Event. The perspective is that of One and that of Many.

ME: True. There is no reason why GOD has to be One but not the Other.

GOD: "Gods Word" is not just contained "in the Bible"

ME: Things are not always as they might appear.

GOD: Reality: "Talk to The Razor"

ME: True. Occam’s specifically.

GOD: The study of the origin, evolution, and distribution of life in the universe.
You wrote 16 months ago “It is what it is. You are saying that energy is not the same as spirit, but clearly no attributes in both are different. One is just thought of devoid of intelligence while the other is thought of as not being devoid of intelligence.

Clearly, neither theist or atheist belief re that has proven itself, so the Natural-Neutral position is to understand that both/all labels re "Energy" and "Spirit" are speaking about the same thing, albeit, differently, depending upon the position one is speaking from.

Either the creative force is one of intelligence or it isn't.”

ME:Yes. It seems a reasonable hypothesis to start from.

GOD: Here-and-now The Main Points on The Agenda “Morality filters are created through”…?

ME: Belief systems activated through mindfulness. They appear to come through an internal process which is then externalised and sometimes these thoughts contradict nature, perhaps because a (mindless) nature does not appear to have morals, but consciousness does or does develop morals based upon its interaction with Nature.

GOD: An appropriate analogy.
"It Seemed Like a Good Idea at The Time."
Attentive Heart “Teachers”
Machine Learning “Audience”
"Gods Word" is not just contained "in the Bible"
When do you feel most centered and balanced?

ME: When in communion with GOD.

GOD: Where do you find inspiration?

ME: Same.

GOD: What Is Normal Here-and-now Be it a "God" or a "Devil". Integrating Integrity
Sharing Your Love Entity In The Flow
How to Bruise a Ghost?

Plan: A Sturdy Place Within that which is unseen... Who do you feel like you need to confront in order to resolve a conflict?

ME: Whatever I might regard as the participating in said “conflict” (including me, if I am also a participant.)

GOD: Fleeting Experiences.

ME: True.

GOD: Remember/Memories Add Up To “A programmed reality that is not real”
Respecting "Gods Word" is not just contained "in the Bible".

What constitutes a measurement?

ME: How do I tell the difference between something which is “Gods Word” and something that isn’t?

GOD: Get Comfortable Deciding On The Best Course Of Action
Learn a bit about what makes the “God Realm” "tick"

Create Your Own Spirit Ship [Such reduces the opportunity of conflict re interrelation opinions.]

ME: Sounds like “God” advice to me…
There is no just and saving God but me. There is no savior but me says the LORD.
The "LORD" is YHWH (Jehovah). He says that he is God and the Savior. But we have to realize that Christ is the means by which Jehovah saves. So the supreme Savior sends us a perfect man that will save us from our sins, and death. Jehovah is the Most High and Jesus is the way to get saved.
No. A total misunderstanding.

The son of God saves those who are admitted into His being. He is an infinite number of persona.

“Israel is my son, my firstborn. Let my son go so he can serve me.”

Jesus is a member of the son. All prophets make up the son.

Join the Son and propheci.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants, the prophets.”

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #62

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

William wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:40 pm Image

Generally when the phrase "Worship God" is expressed, the idea of what that means is reflected in the image above.

Is there any underlying agreement which can be identified to answer the question "What is Worship of God?"?
One worships God in deed and truth. John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” If the Spirit leads one to give to the poor, then one had best find a half cent to give to the poor. (Mt 25:35

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #63

Post by Bobcat »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:18 pm

One worships God in deed and truth. John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” If the Spirit leads one to give to the poor, then one had best find a half cent to give to the poor. (Mt 25:35
It isn’t about things of the flesh but things of the spirit. When one gives to the poor they give the coin of God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #64

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Bobcat in post #63]
It is also about things of the flesh. Jesus fed the 5,000 knowing that they were hungry. He restored life to certain ones to demonstrate what he would do after Millenium. Things of the spirit are most important, but things of the flesh must be addressed as well.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #65

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:43 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:18 pm

It isn’t about things of the flesh but things of the spirit. When one gives to the poor they give the coin of God.
When they feed the hungry, they feed "Me" (Yeshua) (Mt 25:35).

William
Savant

Post #66

Post by William »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #40]
Do you worship Jesus? Yes or no? Either you do or don't.
Not like I worship the Father who alone deserves our worship as God Almighty.
"The Father" is a visual representation of "God" (The Creator Mind) in the sense that "if God were a man, what would he look like/be represented as?".

In that sense, Jesus was asking his followers to visualize (in their minds' eye) the The Creator Mind as a Father Figure.

From this we can pinpoint the religious interpretations of doing so - of visualizing God in the form of a human being. (Rather than say - a cow/calf or any other beastly thing coming from the The Creator Mind.)

In other words, if one were to visualize God as one of his creations - this one for example.

That would be scary and hard to worship except out of fear, whereas a human father (in the correct setting as prescribed by Jesus) is easier to worship (as an internal image) and respect and love back (reflect the love received back onto the image perceived) so the love is a genuine one rather than a false, fear-based one.

One can be disadvantaged re the Father image if one has not experienced the type of father-figure Jesus is ambassadoring.
Some (even many) fall under the category of this disadvantage and so it is difficult to encourage such to visualize The Creator Mind (TCM) as something other than akin to the image of the deep sea-fish above...or some other equally fearsome critter (not only imagined by TCM but actualized) in our "real world" experience.

For example, the imagery expressed through the JW entity (org) does nothing to encourage such victims of such fathers to accept and is seen as a rather romantic output which doesn't align with reality.

This in turn invites the response along the lines of imagery of "Satan"
Image{LINK}

which itself is of human form...with wings - in this image looking like a kind of bully...a controller...someone who will bite and beat you et al.

The idea of Satan in General Christianity has transformed this Angel into a wicked wild beast - a Dragon no less - and in that we revert to the deep sea fish image for more practical detail. Or simply show the imagery as it has evolved to being;

So even a Father Figure on a throne does not pacify the heart of those who see no value in the representation of Father Figures re visualizing God. The fatherly image will remain un-worshipped as a consequence.

So how do those with real memories of nasty fathers rectify the imagery in order to somehow get/understand what Jesus was pointing to?

One of the pointers can be found where Jesus advises not to refer to anyone as "Father" except to accept the role as solely belonging to the TCM.

Also - it can be advantageous to a victim (of false fatherhood) to visualize the mind of father-figure they would prefer to the actual one they are experiencing/have experienced.

Otherwise there is a tendency for the victim to assume the father-figure role and repeat the sins of the father(s) onto the sons (become the victimizer(s)) perpetuating instead of being directed along another - preferable - course.
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #67

Post by TheHolyGhost »

William wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:40 pm

Yes.

Love with all your heart, love with all your mind, love with all your soul, love with all your existence.

That is worship in Spirit and truth.

William
Savant

Post #68

Post by William »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 am

Yes.

Love with all your heart, love with all your mind, love with all your soul, love with all your existence.

Love ones idea of the creator in relation to ones existence, is worship? Is that what you are thinking?

Sounds simple enough.
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #69

Post by TheHolyGhost »

William wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:13 am

Yes.

Love ones idea of the creator in relation to ones existence, is worship? Is that what you are thinking?

Sounds simple enough.
I will make it even more simple for you.
Watch how people and their pets that love each other interact.
That is worship.

William
Savant

Post #70

Post by William »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 am
William wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:13 am

Yes.

Sounds simple enough.
I will make it even more simple for you.
Watch how people and their pets that love each other interact.
That is worship.
My question then has to be. Does (your idea of) God, absolutely love you?