What is a Pre-denominational Christian?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What is a Pre-denominational Christian?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

Someone asked me recently what a Pre-denominational church or Christian is. I found the following on the internet. It describes exactly who I am.

A predenominational Christian is a Christian or disciple of Christ who seeks to base all of his/her religious beliefs and practices upon the New Testament itself, starting with the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.. He/she desires to recover original New Testament Christianity, or the faith once delivered unto the saints. He/she is neither Catholic nor Protestant and rejects any and all Catholic and Protestant traditions that are inconsistent with or contrary to the New Testament, no matter how deeply-entrenced these traditions may have become. His/her overriding goal is to be true to Christ and true to the New Testament.

Your thoughts?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

Ross
Scholar

Re: What is a Pre-denominational Christian?

Post #2

Post by Ross »

Hi MissKate,

I don't know if you read my last thread entitled 'Is revivalism Biblical?' and my subsequent comments?

I got no response other than what one would expect from the input of Jehovah's Witnesses who claim to have answers for everything theological.

But I am with you one hundred percent on this. I don't recognise any present day organized institution of religion or faith as being God ordained, only Biblical text and the substance of it.

MissKate13
Sage

Re: What is a Pre-denominational Christian?

Post #3

Post by MissKate13 »

Hi Ross,
Thanks for your response. I haven’t been on the forum in awhile, so I just saw your post. Glad you agree. I’m going to see if I can find your post on revitalism.
Kate
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24