What Should a Racist Do? Reform?

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

What Should a Racist Do? Reform?

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

Question for Debate: Should a racist give up on racism, and does it depend on the situation he finds himself in?

The question that comes to mind is someone in prison. He can tell the white supremacists to leave him alone and stop protecting him, but he's going to end up dead, because neither the system, nor the individual people involved, react quickly enough to someone genuinely changing his stripes, to save him from being shanked for what he was yesterday.

Sub-question: Does the system have any obligation to give people a way to reform without being killed or ruined, before asking them to do so? Modern understanding is that white people all uphold a system that gives them unfair, unearned privilege for simply being white. Okay. What if, without those goodies, they'll legitimately starve? Should they? Will it do even a bit of good?

Realistically you can ask people to starve, and some might, but after that's done, you'll have a population of whites remaining that is, in every way, worse and more oppressive than the one you started with, because the ones who cared voluntarily starved, because they recognised they didn't deserve what they had.

Imagine if the worst of the bunch were actually being a little bit restrained by the moderate but still unjustly privileged whites, who only oppress as much as they need to, to live, and with those lives, try to restrain greedier oppressors who take more than they need. It's not hard to imagine that there are these big fish oppressors and greedies, in a system where so few people control so much wealth.

So maybe there's a normal white guy, Bob White, and his oppression, if we could distill it down to what he does to your paycheck, takes about 5% of it. But he himself has at least some decency, stands up for fairness when he can, despite being a parasite by nature and needing to take some, to live. So he and those like him stop some big fish greedy from taking 90% of your paycheck. Maybe 100%. Slavery was once a thing, and it's thanks to the little parasites like Bob White, that it isn't anymore.

TheRootOfDavid
Banned
Banned

Re: What Should a Racist Do? Reform?

Post #2

Post by TheRootOfDavid »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 pm Question for Debate: Should a racist give up on racism, and does it depend on the situation he finds himself in?

Why would you want to give up, on your own race?
There is no situation that would make me not put my own race above all other ones.
I am possessed by The 7 Spirits of God

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 pm
Purple Knight wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 pm Question for Debate: Should a racist give up on racism, and does it depend on the situation he finds himself in?

There is no situation that would make me not put my own race above all other ones.
Well, if you thought your race was good, there would be no logical reason to abdicate the genetic interest that has driven evolution thus far, including to the evolution of humanity.

But imagine if you thought your race was evil. Imagine you are a werewolf. Instead of millions of acts of unintentional microaggression that are in dispute because it is arguable if they even exist, imagine acts of unintentional violence that are not in dispute because werewolves lose control and commit them every night. There are werewolves who never lose control, they say, I have never done anything wrong, don't demonise me. Yet, so many do that it is a problem.

People start wondering if it is good to have werewolves at all. Don't bite people. Don't turn them. That's a start. But if you have children, they will also inherit the curse. Maybe it is good not to have children, or even to voluntarily stop existing before you do anymore harm.

It's the same genetic interest that dictates that you should favour your close family. But your family might be awful people. They might be murderers, racists, or abusers. You might turn on them, and it might be right. They might be so bad that you give up your genetic interest and think of humanity first.

TheRootOfDavid
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by TheRootOfDavid »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:08 pm
TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Well, if you thought your race was good, there would be no logical reason to abdicate the genetic interest that has driven evolution thus far, including to the evolution of humanity.

But imagine if you thought your race was evil. Imagine you are a werewolf. Instead of millions of acts of unintentional microaggression that are in dispute because it is arguable if they even exist, imagine acts of unintentional violence that are not in dispute because werewolves lose control and commit them every night. There are werewolves who never lose control, they say, I have never done anything wrong, don't demonise me. Yet, so many do that it is a problem.

People start wondering if it is good to have werewolves at all. Don't bite people. Don't turn them. That's a start. But if you have children, they will also inherit the curse. Maybe it is good not to have children, or even to voluntarily stop existing before you do anymore harm.

It's the same genetic interest that dictates that you should favour your close family. But your family might be awful people. They might be murderers, racists, or abusers. You might turn on them, and it might be right. They might be so bad that you give up your genetic interest and think of humanity first.
Most all of these does not make any sense to me,
would you please go back and reduce it down to it's lowest common denominator.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:11 pm Most all of these does not make any sense to me,
I'm saying, your genetic interest in your race is logical.

However, what if you thought your race was horrible and destructive by nature?

TheRootOfDavid
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by TheRootOfDavid »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:24 pm
TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:11 pm Most all of these does not make any sense to me,

It would not make any difference to me.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Purple Knight »

TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:28 pm
Purple Knight wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:24 pm

It would not make any difference to me.
I envy you.