The Invitation to do the Greater Things

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

ThijsH
Student

The Invitation to do the Greater Things

Post #1

Post by ThijsH »

One of the most provocative and encouraging statements I have found in the Bible is this one:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12, NKJV)

For me, this means also that I should not put any limits on what I think I can or cannot do, or rather, what the Love, Power and Wisdom of God can do through me. I believe following Jesus is adventurous, do you also experience it this way?
Love and blessings,
Thijs Hottenhuis
https://sharingchristianinspiration.substack.com/

ThijsH
Student

Re: The Invitation to do the Greater Things

Post #21

Post by ThijsH »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:07 pm
ThijsH wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:18 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:17 pm
ThijsH wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:51 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:12 am
ThijsH wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 pm One of the most provocative and encouraging statements I have found in the Bible is this one:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12, NKJV)

For me, this means also that I should not put any limits on what I think I can or cannot do, or rather, what the Love, Power and Wisdom of God can do through me. I believe following Jesus is adventurous, do you also experience it this way?
It seems to mean that if you are not doing greater things, or even lesser things, then you apparently do not believe the Words that Yeshua has spoken and are separated from the Lord who is in heaven. You might want to do a personal introspection on your life and beliefs.
Yes, 2ndpillar2, thank you for responding, and I believe indeed that we should all be active, guided by the Voice for God. We cannot really get around the statement, “By their fruits, you shall know them.” I am always grateful when I can be a channel for the Grace of God to reach my brothers. Hallelujah!
I think "by their fruits, you shall know them" is in referral to the trees of the "false prophets" (Mt 7:13-28), whereas the "fruit trees" the source of the good and bad fruit, would refer to the assemblies following the "false prophets", the most notable being the "Christians" following the false gospel of grace of the false prophet Paul, and the Muslim's following the false prophet Mohammad, whereas the bad fruit being displayed often by both assemblies. Whereas the bad fruit of individuals, could be likened to the tares of those who "commit lawlessness", those who follow the false gospel of the cross, whereas the "Law" is nailed to the cross, who are destined to "the furnace of fire" (Mt 13) versus those who do righteousness and will shine as the sun once the "tares" are "first" gathered and thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30), which is the "Great tribulation" (Har-Magedon), which is near. Often those who follow voices, are called mass killers. One must be able discern one voice from another, which is good reason to have the Law, the Commandments, and be skeptical of so-called prophets, and experts.
Well, that sounds a bit grim. My understanding of this statement, “by their fruits, you shall know them”, is that those who open up for God’s Grace to move through them, will be involved in healing, teaching, or in general, in service to the Kingdom of God. And those fruits, for which all the credit should be given to our Heavenly Father, are something for which they are known then. And I believe that it is only Grace which we are receiving. Saved by Grace through faith.

About Paul being a false prophet, are you referring to the Biblical apostle Paul?
I suggest that you re read Matthew 13:15-22, whereas the "many" are deceived by the "false prophets", leading to "destruction", and that you will know "them" by their "fruits". Even so every good tree produces good fruit; but the rotten tree bears bad fruit. On "that day", they will say to me Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons , and in your name perform many miracles? And I will declare to them, I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (as in follow the false gospel of the cross, whereas the law is nailed to the cross). Sounds like a description of the false prophet Paul.

The false prophet Paul teaches to call on the name of the Lord, which is taken from Joel 2, whereas one was to call on the name of the LORD, not the Lord, in order to "survive"/"be delivered" from the coming day of the LORD, which is Har-Magedon (Rev 16), which is the Great Tribulation (Mt 24). As examples of rotten fruits, look at the Inquisition by the Roman mother Church, the killings of Protestants by Catholics, and even the killing of Catholics by Protestants. Look at the particular rotten fruits of the Catholic church with respect to Biden, Pelosi, Stalin, etc. As for the "kingdom", that is not the message of the false prophet Paul. His message was one of lawlessness, to nail the law to the cross. The message of Yeshua was the "kingdom". If you want to know about the kingdom, start with Matthew 13:13 and finish out the chapter. It involves two messages, one of the "devil" and his message was one "commit lawlessness", which ends with the "furnace of fire". The other message was that from the "son of man", which was to do righteousness. Which is to keep the Law.
Please wait a moment. I know that there are many people who hear strange things in their minds and then claim to represent the Kingdom of God when they verbalize those things. Many of these people can certainly be called false prophets, yes. Yet you keep talking about “the false prophet Paul” and I asked, “Do you mean the apostle Paul?” I don’t want to have any misunderstandings about what you are saying. Can you please respond to this question?
Love and blessings,
Thijs Hottenhuis

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

ThijsH wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:04 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:10 pm
ThijsH wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 pm One of the most provocative and encouraging statements I have found in the Bible is this one:

It is adventurous and satisfying to follow Jesus.

When he said what he said about his disciples doing things greater than his own works, he was referring to the fact that they would be witnessing to a greater expanse of earth, eventually the whole earth. He himself covered just the area in Israel. And there would be far more congregations throughout the earth than there were in Jesus' time.

Now we are waiting for Jesus to come and rid the earth of evil humans and usher in a Paradise earth where all people can live in peace and prosperity. We will be perfect, eventually, and have all the energy to clean up the planet and build beautiful homes for everyone. Then we will welcome back the people who have died. This itself is a greater work than Jesus did while here on Earth. He resurrected a handful of people, but his disciples will have the happy experience of taking care of all the resurrected ones...in the billions.
Hello onewithhim, thank you for your reply. I do believe the part about reaching more people, yes, that is certainly one aspect of this. I cannot believe it can only be about earth, since Jesus told us that “His Kingdom is not of this world.” That He would go before us, to Our Father’s House, and prepare a place for us. And that He asked us to follow Him.

So yes, reaching everyone, doing the Great Commission, that is part of the works, as I see it. And all for the purpose of having everyone follow Him to the Kingdom of God, which is not of this world. And leave all earthly matters behind. Everyone returning to the Father. Hallelujah!
Biblical Jesus said that The Fathers Kingdom is within. There is no kingdom of God out there.

ThijsH
Student

Post #23

Post by ThijsH »

William wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:52 pm

When he said what he said about his disciples doing things greater than his own works, he was referring to the fact that they would be witnessing to a greater expanse of earth, eventually the whole earth. He himself covered just the area in Israel. And there would be far more congregations throughout the earth than there were in Jesus' time.

Now we are waiting for Jesus to come and rid the earth of evil humans and usher in a Paradise earth where all people can live in peace and prosperity. We will be perfect, eventually, and have all the energy to clean up the planet and build beautiful homes for everyone. Then we will welcome back the people who have died. This itself is a greater work than Jesus did while here on Earth. He resurrected a handful of people, but his disciples will have the happy experience of taking care of all the resurrected ones...in the billions.
Hello onewithhim, thank you for your reply. I do believe the part about reaching more people, yes, that is certainly one aspect of this. I cannot believe it can only be about earth, since Jesus told us that “His Kingdom is not of this world.” That He would go before us, to Our Father’s House, and prepare a place for us. And that He asked us to follow Him.

So yes, reaching everyone, doing the Great Commission, that is part of the works, as I see it. And all for the purpose of having everyone follow Him to the Kingdom of God, which is not of this world. And leave all earthly matters behind. Everyone returning to the Father. Hallelujah!
Biblical Jesus said that The Fathers Kingdom is within. There is no kingdom of God out there.
Yes, that is also how it is brought to my understanding. The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place where we physically move to, it is a State of Being, remembering our Identity in God. Hallelujah!
Love and blessings,
Thijs Hottenhuis

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #24

Post by JehovahsWitness »

ThijsH wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:46 am
... The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place where we physically move to, it is a State of Being, remembering our Identity in God. Hallelujah!
Since HEAVEN is a place, the kingdom of heaven must be in a place. HEAVEN is where God lives. Those promised a rulership position in that kingdom go to heaven to exercise their duties. The kingdom is not "a feeling in your heart" and it is not a state of being. .. God's kingdom is a government, located not in Washington or London but .. in heaven.

Jehovahs Witness
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #25

Post by JehovahsWitness »

ISAIAH 9:6
The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. NRSVA
WHY DO MOST CHRISTIAN REJECT THE IDEA OF GOD HAVING A GOVERNMENT?

Most Christians are simply ignorant that the bible contains such a notion. Others find the idea of divine government uncomfortable since they believe all believers (and for some everyone ever born ...) will eventually go to heaven, in which case there will be nobody to govern OVER. Still others believe the earth will eventually be destroyed; basically the earth does not figure in the modern day Christians theolology.

Thus the kingdom has become a nebulous, vague, indistinc, fuzzy notion of nothingness watered down to being a personal feel good message by new age Christians. The main theme of Jesus teaching, the key to the answer for mankinds problems , the message Jesus sent his followers out to teach humanity has been lost to the churches of Christendom and their members.

Jesus however prophecied that true Christians would remerged in these last days to bring comfort to mankind (see Matthew 24:14).
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #26

Post by William »

William wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Yes, that is also how it is brought to my understanding. The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place where we physically move to, it is a State of Being, remembering our Identity in God. Hallelujah!
The Frequency of Authenticity is another way of looking at it.

Biblical Jesus did point out when pointing the way to the Kingdom of God - that it is not at any given point outside of ones self and also said that there will be those who would try to tell you otherwise.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #27

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to William in post #26]

The truth is known in these last days, as Daniel wrote. And the truth is that the Kingdom is a real government in heaven, ruling over people on the Earth. When Jesus said that the Kingdom is within you---that is misunderstood. It would be better to say: "The kingdom of God isin your midst." That meant that the King of that future Kingdom was there among them. That the Kingdom is a real government is born out by many scriptures, one of which is Isaiah 9:6,7; NASB:

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on his shoulders;...There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace."

Jesus taught us to pray for the Kingdom to come: "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come.
Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven
." (Matthew 6:9,10, NASB)

William
Savant

Post #28

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:07 pm [Replying to William in post #26]

The truth is known in these last days, as Daniel wrote. And the truth is that the Kingdom is a real government in heaven, ruling over people on the Earth.

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

When Jesus said that the Kingdom is within you---that is misunderstood. It would be better to say: "The kingdom of God isin your midst." That meant that the King of that future Kingdom was there among them.
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

That the Kingdom is a real government is born out by many scriptures, one of which is Isaiah 9:6,7; NASB:
And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on his shoulders;...There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace."
The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
Jesus taught us to pray for the Kingdom to come: "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come.
Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven
." (Matthew 6:9,10, NASB)
Given what biblical Jesus taught, it would appear the analogy of The Fathers "Kingdom" being within, and also things being done on Earth as they are done within Heaven, one can ascertain that the governing is done internally (within) the individual human psyche and the results of that can be observed externally (without) into the world...

...The Invitation to do the Greater Things

Thus, The Fathers Will is done on Earth as it is done within each human personality who is then enabled to express the work done within as a work then externalized and in this way The Fathers Kingdom comes onto the Earth.

The concept or belief in the kingdom of God being an expected external event is evident in the demand put to biblical Jesus by the Pharisees. Biblical Jesus often challenged popular belief.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #29

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

ThijsH wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:07 pm
ThijsH wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:18 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:17 pm
ThijsH wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:51 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:12 am

It seems to mean that if you are not doing greater things, or even lesser things, then you apparently do not believe the Words that Yeshua has spoken and are separated from the Lord who is in heaven. You might want to do a personal introspection on your life and beliefs.
Yes, 2ndpillar2, thank you for responding, and I believe indeed that we should all be active, guided by the Voice for God. We cannot really get around the statement, “By their fruits, you shall know them.” I am always grateful when I can be a channel for the Grace of God to reach my brothers. Hallelujah!
I think "by their fruits, you shall know them" is in referral to the trees of the "false prophets" (Mt 7:13-28), whereas the "fruit trees" the source of the good and bad fruit, would refer to the assemblies following the "false prophets", the most notable being the "Christians" following the false gospel of grace of the false prophet Paul, and the Muslim's following the false prophet Mohammad, whereas the bad fruit being displayed often by both assemblies. Whereas the bad fruit of individuals, could be likened to the tares of those who "commit lawlessness", those who follow the false gospel of the cross, whereas the "Law" is nailed to the cross, who are destined to "the furnace of fire" (Mt 13) versus those who do righteousness and will shine as the sun once the "tares" are "first" gathered and thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30), which is the "Great tribulation" (Har-Magedon), which is near. Often those who follow voices, are called mass killers. One must be able discern one voice from another, which is good reason to have the Law, the Commandments, and be skeptical of so-called prophets, and experts.
Well, that sounds a bit grim. My understanding of this statement, “by their fruits, you shall know them”, is that those who open up for God’s Grace to move through them, will be involved in healing, teaching, or in general, in service to the Kingdom of God. And those fruits, for which all the credit should be given to our Heavenly Father, are something for which they are known then. And I believe that it is only Grace which we are receiving. Saved by Grace through faith.

About Paul being a false prophet, are you referring to the Biblical apostle Paul?
I suggest that you re read Matthew 13:15-22, whereas the "many" are deceived by the "false prophets", leading to "destruction", and that you will know "them" by their "fruits". Even so every good tree produces good fruit; but the rotten tree bears bad fruit. On "that day", they will say to me Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons , and in your name perform many miracles? And I will declare to them, I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (as in follow the false gospel of the cross, whereas the law is nailed to the cross). Sounds like a description of the false prophet Paul.

The false prophet Paul teaches to call on the name of the Lord, which is taken from Joel 2, whereas one was to call on the name of the LORD, not the Lord, in order to "survive"/"be delivered" from the coming day of the LORD, which is Har-Magedon (Rev 16), which is the Great Tribulation (Mt 24). As examples of rotten fruits, look at the Inquisition by the Roman mother Church, the killings of Protestants by Catholics, and even the killing of Catholics by Protestants. Look at the particular rotten fruits of the Catholic church with respect to Biden, Pelosi, Stalin, etc. As for the "kingdom", that is not the message of the false prophet Paul. His message was one of lawlessness, to nail the law to the cross. The message of Yeshua was the "kingdom". If you want to know about the kingdom, start with Matthew 13:13 and finish out the chapter. It involves two messages, one of the "devil" and his message was one "commit lawlessness", which ends with the "furnace of fire". The other message was that from the "son of man", which was to do righteousness. Which is to keep the Law.
Please wait a moment. I know that there are many people who hear strange things in their minds and then claim to represent the Kingdom of God when they verbalize those things. Many of these people can certainly be called false prophets, yes. Yet you keep talking about “the false prophet Paul” and I asked, “Do you mean the apostle Paul?” I don’t want to have any misunderstandings about what you are saying. Can you please respond to this question?
I am talking about the guy who claims to be a Pharisee of Pharisees, yet a Gentile to the Gentiles. Who says to call on the "Lord" to be saved, and who supposedly cast out a demon per the "Christian" narrative whereas Paul revived a guy who fell out of a window, and was said to have raised the dead, and supposedly healed the sick. That would be the same characterization given by Yeshua to those who cried "Lord, Lord", cast out demons, and in your name did "many miracles", yet Yeshua would say to them, "I never knew you, "DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (gospel of grace/cross). Paul would be 1 of three "shepherds" chosen by the "LORD", two to shepherd the "flock (Christian church) doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11). Peter, the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17) to be the second "staff" to lead the "flock" (Christain church), whereas the 3rd shepherd being Judas Iscariot, who sold his soul for 30 shekels of silver (Zech 11:12). Paul, which means "small/little", or in the vernacular of Paul, the "foremost" over everything, including "sinner", was originally named Saul. Paul (least (foremost of little)) would be what those of the kingdom would call the purveyor of lawlessness, as in the foremost of little, being "least" (Matthew 4:17-19). Paul would be the "false prophet" of Revelation 16, along with the "beast" and "devil", whose demon spirits would arise and lead the rulers/kings of the nations/Gentiles to Har-Magedon (area of the great tribulation), which is historically located between Damascus and Jerusalem, the place of where the terrorist supported by Iran are located today, and where the Ottomans under German leadership, were defeated in 1917, to open up the opportunity for the Zionist to enter into Judea, eventually bringing about the state of Israel in 1948. The state of Israel is a keyway into the era of the "Kingdom of God" whereas Judah and Ephraim/Joseph will be reunited on the land given to Jacob/Israel, under the leadership of king David (Ezekiel 36 & 37).

ThijsH
Student

Post #30

Post by ThijsH »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:27 am
... The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place where we physically move to, it is a State of Being, remembering our Identity in God. Hallelujah!
Since HEAVEN is a place, the kingdom of heaven must be in a place. HEAVEN is where God lives. Those promised a rulership position in that kingdom go to heaven to exercise their duties. The kingdom is not "a feeling in your heart" and it is not a state of being. .. God's kingdom is a government, located not in Washington or London but .. in heaven.

Jehovahs Witness
I do not know why you mention “feeling in your heart,” I certainly didn’t mention that. You state that Heaven is a place. How can Heaven be a place, a geographical location? That would suggest that the Kingdom of Heaven is not a spiritual realm, wouldn’t it? What about famous Bible quotes like this one?

“…nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”(Luke17:21, NKJV)
Love and blessings,
Thijs Hottenhuis