He wants to be God?
I am possessed by The 7 Spirits of God

onewithhim
Savant

Re: WHY CAN GOD NOT BE GOD?

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to TheRootOfDavid in post #1]
No. There are things that God cannot be or do. He cannot lie. He cannot die. And he cannot create a mountain so high that he could not reach the top.

And the question can also include: "Why can YOU not be you?"

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #3

Post by LittleNipper »

TheRootOfDavid wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:02 am If God is God,
then why can He not be anything,
within His own creation?

Cannot God be anything He wants to be
within His own creation?

Cannot God become that to which
He wants to be God?
Well, HE did just that. GOD took on human form and dwelt among men for approximately 33 years. During that time HE laughed, HE cried, HE healed, HE turned water into wine, HE brought people back from the dead, HE scolded, HE taught, HE fed the crowds, HE killed a fig tree, HE calmed storms, HE walked on water, HE gave up HIS very life for the sins of humanity, HE went down to hell to set the captive free, and then rose from the dead so that man could have eternal life. And there are so many other things not recorded that were not because there would not be room enough to record them... John 21:25 says, “And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.” CHRIST even ate fish!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #4

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #3]

God did not take on human form. It was His SON who took on human form when he came to the earth. God is too magnificent to fit on this little speck of a planet within the awesomely huge universe. He created the farthest star. The universe that He created is so extensive that mankind hasn't reached the edges of it, so how could the Creator of this expanse come to the earth and live here? And the Scripture says that "no man has seen God." (John 1:18)

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #5

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:17 am [Replying to LittleNipper in post #3]

God did not take on human form. It was His SON who took on human form when he came to the earth. God is too magnificent to fit on this little speck of a planet within the awesomely huge universe. He created the farthest star. The universe that He created is so extensive that mankind hasn't reached the edges of it, so how could the Creator of this expanse come to the earth and live here? And the Scripture says that "no man has seen God." (John 1:18)
The SON of GOD can be nothing else but GOD, just like YOU can be noting but HUMAN exactly like YOUR earthly dad. CHRIST EMPTIED HIMSELF! GOD was capable of doing it because HE IS GOD and HE loves us that much! Only GOD can perform such miracles.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #6

Post by Revelations won »

“Post #5
Unread post
by LittleNipper » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 am
onewithhim wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:17 am
[Replying to LittleNipper in post #3]

The SON of GOD can be nothing else but GOD, just like YOU can be noting but HUMAN exactly like YOUR earthly dad. CHRIST EMPTIED HIMSELF! GOD was capable of doing it because HE IS GOD and HE loves us that much! Only GOD can perform such miracles.”

I am commenting on the above post:

Onewithhim said:

“God did not take on human form. It was His SON who took on human form when he came to the earth.”

Sorry, but I beg to differ with you on your doctrine for according to the Bible God created an in his own image.

Genesis 1: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Revelation 4:11chapter context similar meaning copy save
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The above scriptures clearly refute your “man made private interpretation of the nature and bodily description of God.

You claim: “God is too magnificent to fit on this little speck of a planet within the awesomely huge universe. He created the farthest star. The universe that He created is so extensive that mankind hasn't reached the edges of it, so how could the Creator of this expanse come to the earth and live here?

1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

2 Chronicles 6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

Psalms 68:16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

It is plainly obvious that your “man made doctrines” are in clear opposition to the reveled word of God.

You also said:

“And the Scripture says that "no man has seen God." (John 1:18)”

It is also very clear that there is something missing in this verse…. For the following presents a powerful evidence which you choose to ignore:

Genesis 33: And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.

Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Deuteronomy 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

Numbers 14:14 And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

Deuteronomy 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Exodus 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Ezekiel 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

Exodus 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Ezekiel 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

As shown, in the above it is apparent that your ‘man made’ interpretation of the corporeal nature of God is not in harmony with much of the clear scriptures attesting otherwise.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #7

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:17 am [Replying to LittleNipper in post #3]

The SON of GOD can be nothing else but GOD, just like YOU can be noting but HUMAN exactly like YOUR earthly dad. CHRIST EMPTIED HIMSELF! GOD was capable of doing it because HE IS GOD and HE loves us that much! Only GOD can perform such miracles.
You say that the SON of God has to be God?? How do you figure that? A Son is his own Father? Christ is a spirit, just like his heavenly Father. (John 4:24; I Peter 3:18) That doesn't mean he is his heavenly Father. God performed the miracle of sending His Son to the womb of Mary to be born here on Earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #6]

Yes, Jesus "sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high," (Heb.8:1) so he is not the Majesty on high. Two different individuals, right? God and His Son.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #9

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:35 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 am

You say that the SON of God has to be God?? How do you figure that? A Son is his own Father? Christ is a spirit, just like his heavenly Father. (John 4:24; I Peter 3:18) That doesn't mean he is his heavenly Father. God performed the miracle of sending His Son to the womb of Mary to be born here on Earth.
Jesus is regarded as the SON from the FATHER because the MESSIAH emptied HIMSELF and took on the form of a servant (man) to dwell among men. And it was the HOLY SPIRIT who overshadowed Mary to accomplish this...

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #10

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:39 am [Replying to Revelations won in post #6]

Yes, Jesus "sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high," (Heb.8:1) so he is not the Majesty on high. Two different individuals, right? God and His Son.
I never suggested that GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON, and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT were one and the same. THEY are three beings who are of ONE essence GOD. Also known as the GODHEAD. THEY created TOGETHER. THEY have the very same eternal goals. THEY share an eternal LOVE. THEY are GOD. The Bible indicates that each of these beings do seem to be inclined to have specific roles; however, they can also be shown scripturally to be capable of the same things.

I believe that without the SON, CHRIST JESUS, GOD the FATHER would have been incapable of saving fallen man on a human level. And likewise, without the HOLY SPIRIT, GOD the FATHER and JESUS CHRIST would have been incapable of indwelling saved individuals. GOD needs to be as HE is COMPLETE and TRIUNE. It's a mystery that created beings are unable to totally comprehend but accept GOD for what HE is...