Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

God murders babies and children

Post #1

Post by Donray »

Exodus 12:29 New King James Version
And it came to pass at midnight that the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of livestock.

God was upset with the pharaoh so why murder a lot of babies that did nothing and just murder the pharaoh?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: God murders babies and children

Post #21

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Donray wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:59 pm [Replying to bjs1 in post #19]

My original post states what I want to debate. But JW wanted to debate killing verse murder and that god does not murder at which point i pointed out all the murders that God did. So I asked JW the questions of how many babies did God kill and JW would not answer.

So, do you want to answer the original question?
Your asked how many children God MURDERED and I said I do not anwser loaded questions. A loaded question imposes that the person responding (me) concedes the premise (that God murders) upon which the question is based.

Children have been killed during many periods in biblical times, God was not responsible for any of them and he most certainly is not responsible for their deaths. That responsibility lies firmly at the feet of their disbelieving parents that failed to take advantage of the dispositions available to save them.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Donray
Guru

Post #22

Post by Donray »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #21]

I also asked you how many babies your god has killed. In a flood, firstborn, burning cities to the ground etc. These are direct action by your god that resulted in the death (killing or murder) of babies and children.

You again want to blame the parents. So, tell what EVERY parent did to piss off your god. It was god and not parents that caused the killings. The parents did not kill their children. And tell me why your god would take it out on children when upset with parents?

Again, tell me how many babies your god killed,

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

Donray wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:24 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #21]

I also asked you how many babies your god has killed.
I do not anwser loaded questions . A loaded question obliges that the person responding (me) to concede the premise upon which the question is based. (In this case: that God has killed children)

Children have indeed died during many periods in biblical times ( children no doubt died during the flood and certainly during the 10 plague of Egypt) but God was not responsible for any of them; that responsibility lies firmly at the feet of their disbelieving parents that failed to take advantage of the dispositions available to save them.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #24

Post by LittleNipper »

Donray wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:43 am [Replying to LittleNipper in post #16]

You still missed my question about how many babies has your god killed? I don't really care why. And you only responded on why it killed firstborn. What about the flood and the cities that were burnt to the ground?

For example, can God determine who has a miscarriage? If so, is God killing babies by miscarriage?
People who died in their sin, went to hell. There appears to be an age of accountability, and as such the eternity of "babies' and "children" is in HIS hands. Personally, I would so much rather die as a young child and go to heaven than to have a "full life," die at 100 and end up in hell for all eternity. But this is GOD's right as the Creator and not ours to second guess. It certainly doesn't matter to me how many infants GOD has taken to HIMSELF into heaven. It does matter to me how many lives people (who have no right) take.

Donray
Guru

Post #25

Post by Donray »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #23]

So your god kills babies and children because of what the parent did? And you cannot even tell me what the parents did to piss off your god. You're just making excuses as to why your god kills babies with torture and you are not even concerned and want to make it the parents fault.

Tell me why you think your god needs to torture babies for what the parents have dob\ne? And I think =killing babies by drowning and burning them to death is torture. Of course, a person like yourself does not think burning a baby is torture and it is the parents fault that your god needs to burn babies to death. Do I have your thinking correct?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #26

Donray wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:01 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #23]

So your god kills babies and children because of what the parent did? ...
I do not anwser loaded questions . A loaded question obliges that the person responding (me) to concede the premise upon which the question is based. (In this case: that it is God has killed children)

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Donray
Guru

Post #27

Post by Donray »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:09 pm
Donray wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:01 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #23]

So your god kills babies and children because of what the parent did? ...
I do not anwser loaded questions . A loaded question obliges that the person responding (me) to concede the premise upon which the question is based. (In this case: that it is God has killed children)
JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
So, you don't believe the bible stories where your god killed babies? The flood story is a myth, the exodus story is a myth, the Sodom story is a myth.

It is only a loaded question because you have no valid answer. That is your way of saying I don't want to answer because it would be against all I was taught since I was born.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #28

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Donray wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:21 pm Exodus 12:29 New King James Version
And it came to pass at midnight that the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of livestock.

God was upset with the pharaoh so why murder a lot of babies that did nothing and just murder the pharaoh?
In reading through your posts on this thread, I see that you are focusing your point on babies, perhaps because you see babies the same way we all do, as precious little innocent beings who are completely dependend for their every need. And I don't know of anyone here who who would be ok with even harming a single one, let alone killing one.

But, what you are trying to do is to take mankind's normal preception of babies into a spiritual book like the Bible, and it will always lead to confusion because you first have to understand many things about the Word of God.

First, that it is a lawbook.

Psalm 78:1 (KJV 1900)
Give ear, O my people, to my law:
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

Second, the law teaches us about sin and the cosequences for sin.

1 John 3:4 (KJV 1900)
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 6:23 (KJV 1900)
For the wages (the payment) of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Third, because every human being conceived the natural way, was born from the corrupted seed of Adam, we all inherited his sin nature.

Romans 5:12 (KJV 1900)
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Fourth, this means that in the eyes of God (who doesn't look at the outward appearance of things as we do, but instead, looks at the condition of the heart), there is not a single righteous person (in and of themselves) that is conceived into this world.

Romans 3:10 (KJV 1900)
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Fifth, this means that God, as the just judge, can justly condemn to death the whole human race and he would be perfectly righteous for doing so. And this is where his grace comes into the picture, because rather than destroying the whole human race, God chose to redeem some of them by placing their sins upon himself in the person of Jesus Christ. So, rather than dealing with mankind justly and killing all of them, he decided to save some. That truly is an amazing grace.

Psalm 103:10 (KJV 1900)
He hath not dealt with us after our sins;
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

The Bible defines "murder" as hatred, so one doesn't even have to commit the act of killing an innocent person, just the mere fact that someone hates another is cause for being guilty before the eyes of God as judge.

1 John 3:15 (KJV 1900)
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

But every single instance in the Bible where you read of God killing or commanding people to kill, it's an act of absolute justice. God can and does demand the payment for sin (which is death) from anyone at anytime of his choosing.

Genesis 38:7 (KJV 1900)
And Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

Genesis 38:10 (KJV 1900)
And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Daniel 4:35 (KJV 1900)
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

While this seems totally unfair to the natural minded person, God is 100% within his justice to demand the payment their for sin. And yes, this includes babies and children not yet born. As a matter of fact, the example you brought up of the flood is a perfect example. What happened to all those babies who never made it into the ark? They all justly died as a result of their conception in sin. God tells us that they were all condemned.

Hebrews 11:7 (KJV 1900)
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Now, to answer your specific question from your OP, all the firstborn of Egypt were killed because God sacrificed his own firstborn in order to make atonement for his people from the foundation of the world. So, this account, was a display of the shed blood of Christ and what it did to protect the people of Israel from death. As they were commanded to paint the doorposts of their dwellings with the blood of a lamb, this typified the blood of Christ and the fact that atonement was made on behalf of this people, so the angel of death would not come unto them. Whereas, the people of Egypt (which typify the people of the world) did not have the blood of the lamb as their covering and so the angel of death killed all their firstborn. This again, was the justice of God demanding payment for sin.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Donray wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:21 pm Exodus 12:29 New King James Version

Oh and don't forget about the time God drowned all but eight souls,
every man, woman and child and baby by water. He suffocated them all by the flood.
Although I am sure many of them were eaten by sharks before they
succumbed to death by drowning.

God is love.
And I love God.