The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

• Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privacy of their own homes
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Re: The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:00 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pmWhat do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?

*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privant of their own homes
You're conflating two very different things. In the context of your symbolism, the difference between religious organizations and individual worship is the difference between prostitution and personal (amateur?) sexual activity.

I would lose little sleep if the institutions were abolished. Religious institutions in general exercise far too much temporal power over their members. A side-effect of this that I'd selfishly enjoy is that I'd no longer have to deal with the prostitutes sending current customers door-to-door to solicit new ones.
You feel that way even though Jesus himself went door-to-door and instructed his disciples to do the same? JWs are the only people who do that in a sustained manner, and share with people the good news of the Kingdom. Not for just two years either. (No one else preaches about God's Kingdom and what it will do for the earth.) (Matthew 24:14)

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm
Difflugia wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:00 pmA side-effect of this that I'd selfishly enjoy is that I'd no longer have to deal with the prostitutes sending current customers door-to-door to solicit new ones.
You feel that way even though Jesus himself went door-to-door
If he did, it wasn't recorded in the Bible.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmand instructed his disciples to do the same?
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmJWs are the only people who do that in a sustained manner, and share with people the good news of the Kingdom. Not for just two years either.
The Mormons do, too.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm(No one else preaches about God's Kingdom and what it will do for the earth.) (Matthew 24:14)
This is trivially false.

You may as well say that Jesus owned a Volkswagen dealership and gave his disciples each a free car. To this day, Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people in the world that own automobiles or teach driving safety classes.

There is exactly as much evidence that these are true.

Ross
Scholar

Post #13

Post by Ross »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:05 pm
If you'll notice, the U.N. is being mentioned more and more. It will eventually have the power and the guts to stamp out all religion. (Thankfully, Jehovah's Witnesses will be protected by Jehovah.)
With the utmost respect, your word "eventually" is a determining factor.

I studied twice the Jehovah's Witness book: 'Babylon The Great Has Fallen! God's Kingdom Rules!' that supplied a verse by verse explanation of the entire Bible book of Revelation. While an interesting read, most of it was based on the premise that God's Kingdom began in 1914 and 1919, and it was an interpretation of Revelation based on a time period beginning then, linking the Bible book with the modern day history of the Jehovah's Witness movement.

This 1914 date is now one hundred and ten years old, and the claims made against it have been washed away with the passing of time, like water flowing under a decaying bridge. "Just around the corner" and "eventually" are desperate terms.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #14

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm Image
  • Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privacy of their own homes
You could do like I'm doing, bookmark all the places on the internet where it has been shown in the Bible were this will take place. So that when it does happen and if the internet is still available. I'm going to give everyone, not an "I" told you so, but the Bible told you so tour. if Jehovah allows it of course. I can hardly wait for the vindication of God's name.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:32 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm
Difflugia wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:00 pmA side-effect of this that I'd selfishly enjoy is that I'd no longer have to deal with the prostitutes sending current customers door-to-door to solicit new ones.
You feel that way even though Jesus himself went door-to-door
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmand instructed his disciples to do the same?
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmJWs are the only people who do that in a sustained manner, and share with people the good news of the Kingdom. Not for just two years either.
The Mormons do, too.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm(No one else preaches about God's Kingdom and what it will do for the earth.) (Matthew 24:14)
This is trivially false.

You may as well say that Jesus owned a Volkswagen dealership and gave his disciples each a free car. To this day, Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people in the world that own automobiles or teach driving safety classes.

There is exactly as much evidence that these are true.
Yes, Jesus instructed his disciples to go door-to-door in the Bible. "Shortly afterwards he went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him." (Luke 8:1)

"Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. When you are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it...." (Matthew 10: 11-13)

"And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus." (Acts 5:42)

No, it is not false that JWs are the only ones preaching about God's kingdom. The churches of Christendom don't preach about it. They don't want to seem "preachy," as one minister put it. And the ones who do mention it will tell you that the kingdom is something that is in your heart, Isaiah 9:6,7 and Daniel 2:44 notwithstanding.

Mormons go house to house, but each for only two years, and their message is not God's Kingdom but is about joining their church. JWs don't talk about joining our church when we go door-to-door. It's all about the Kingdom and what it will do for the earth. (Isaiah 11:6-9)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm Image
You could do like I'm doing, bookmark all the places on the internet where it has been shown in the Bible were this will take place. So that when it does happen and if the internet is still available. I'm going to give everyone, not an "I" told you so, but the Bible told you so tour. if Jehovah allows it of course. I can hardly wait for the vindication of God's name.
That's something that has really struck me with the latest clarification about the door still being open AFTER the fall of Babylon... I know it's still a matter of heart but the preaching work becomes key to what I reckon will be the last minute influx... they have to remember and understand the significance of the event, regardless of how much contact they have has with us.

I doubt if someone that hasnt studied with us will but surely there will be'some that maybe unaided put 2 and 2 together. .. and even if they don't, their failure is a testimony against them... that they were given fair warning.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:51 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmYou feel that way even though Jesus himself went door-to-door
Yes, Jesus instructed his disciples to go door-to-door in the Bible.
He didn't. Your references don't mean what you want them to.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm"Shortly afterwards he went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him." (Luke 8:1)
This is the closest you're going to get, but it's still not door-to-door, Witness style. Luke's Jesus went from village to village with his disciples, but the context a few verses later (8:4) make it clear that he was speaking to a crowd outside that followed them:
Now when a large crowd had gathered together with those who went to him from city to city, he spoke by means of an illustration:
Speaking to people that come to them (Jesus, disciples, or Witnesses) is how it should be. I've no problem with that.

Your Matthew reference has Jesus telling the disciples to find a single house with someone worthy and stay there while they preach. Again, not door-to-door preaching. You bolded that yourself in your quoted verses. An interesting side note is that your quoted verse is part of Matthew's Great Commission, which explicitly omits gentiles.

The quote in Acts isn't about door-to-door preaching. The phrase you have bolded and underlined is a Greek idiom, κατ' οἶκον, that just means "at home" (check the lexicon entry in the lower left corner of the linked page if you want) and refers to the homes of the Christians themselves. It's the same phrase used in Acts 2:46 that obviously means the same thing. I've no problem with Witnesses gathering in each others' homes, either, whether it's to preach or break bread.
"And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus." (Acts 5:42)
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:47 pm
That's something that has really struck me with the latest clarification about the door still being open AFTER the fall of Babylon... I know it's still a matter of heart but the preaching work becomes key to what I reckon will be the last minute influx... they have to remember and understand the significance of the event, regardless of how much contact they have has with us.

I doubt if someone that hasnt studied with us will but surely there will be'some that maybe unaided put 2 and 2 together. .. and even if they don't, their failure is a testimony against them... that they were given fair warning.

JW
The door being open during the Great Tribulation has always been a thought I have hand but have kept close to the vest. I have always thought, why have a hail stone warning message if the warning message can't be heeded. You're correct about the heart condition. That INCLUDES those that have been Witnesses for years. The folks that have decided to abandoned Jehovah and His organization in the past few years, I find confounding. I think, 'Really?! You're going to leave now?!' I have a feeling I will say those words again about those that now Witnesses after the fall of Babylon the Great and that will be even more confounding.

I think the hail stone message will be very clear and there will be no room for someone to say, 'I didn't get a warning'. Jehovah is a rock and perfect in all of His dealings, I have full confidence everyone will know what they rejecting or accepting.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #19

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:04 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:51 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pmYou feel that way even though Jesus himself went door-to-door
Yes, Jesus instructed his disciples to go door-to-door in the Bible.
He didn't. Your references don't mean what you want them to.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm"Shortly afterwards he went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him." (Luke 8:1)
This is the closest you're going to get, but it's still not door-to-door, Witness style. Luke's Jesus went from village to village with his disciples, but the context a few verses later (8:4) make it clear that he was speaking to a crowd outside that followed them:
Now when a large crowd had gathered together with those who went to him from city to city, he spoke by means of an illustration:
Speaking to people that come to them (Jesus, disciples, or Witnesses) is how it should be. I've no problem with that.

Your Matthew reference has Jesus telling the disciples to find a single house with someone worthy and stay there while they preach. Again, not door-to-door preaching. You bolded that yourself in your quoted verses. An interesting side note is that your quoted verse is part of Matthew's Great Commission, which explicitly omits gentiles.

The quote in Acts isn't about door-to-door preaching. The phrase you have bolded and underlined is a Greek idiom, κατ' οἶκον, that just means "at home" (check the lexicon entry in the lower left corner of the linked page if you want) and refers to the homes of the Christians themselves. It's the same phrase used in Acts 2:46 that obviously means the same thing. I've no problem with Witnesses gathering in each others' homes, either, whether it's to preach or break bread.
You didn't comment on Matthew 10:11-13. That clearly shows that Jesus instructed his disciples to go to people's homes, and not just to break bread with other Christians. They sought out people who hadn't heard the good news but might respond to it. Soon they would broaden out their preaching work to include the Nations. When the Jews rejected Jesus, they were left to their own devices, if you will. He said that they were being replaced by "a nation producing the Kingdom's fruits." (Matthew 21:43) See also Matthew 23:37,38 and Acts 15:16.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #20

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:37 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:47 pm

JW
The door being open during the Great Tribulation has always been a thought I have hand but have kept close to the vest. I have always thought, why have a hail stone warning message if the warning message can't be heeded. You're correct about the heart condition. That INCLUDES those that have been Witnesses for years. The folks that have decided to abandoned Jehovah and His organization in the past few years, I find confounding. I think, 'Really?! You're going to leave now?!' I have a feeling I will say those words again about those that now Witnesses after the fall of Babylon the Great and that will be even more confounding.

I think the hail stone message will be very clear and there will be no room for someone to say, 'I didn't get a warning'. Jehovah is a rock and perfect in all of His dealings, I have full confidence everyone will know what they rejecting or accepting.

Yes, it all makes more sense now. I wondered what "The interval "was for. If Babylon's fall marks the start of the GT and we're already out of her... why the break ? Why does it not roll straight through to Armageddon? Now it better reflects Jehovah's kindness and generosity... to let the "last minuters" in...

I always remember one CO that began his talk with the question "Are you ready for the Great crowd?" So all looked at each other puzzeled as if to say, "but we ARE the Great crowd and we're already here!..." but his point was there will be more..MANY more.

I think of all the family members that know its the truth but don't commit... all the ex-studies and work colleagues that admit in private that if they were going to join a religion it would be Jehovah's Witnesses... all the friends of the friends of the 20 million memorial attendees. ... maybe WE didnt like the idea of "last minute conversions" but could it be that the Judge of all the earth is allowing for them.

I suspect that finally in the Great Crowd, us long time servants will actually be in the minority (we could be outnimbered by 10 to 1 who knows)....we'll just have to trust Jehovah that they will all submit to the kingdom and immediately conform their behaviour.