The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

• Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privacy of their own homes
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #21

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:52 amYou didn't comment on Matthew 10:11-13.
I absolutely did. Go back up to my response and find this:
Difflugia wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:04 am Your Matthew reference has Jesus telling the disciples to find a single house with someone worthy and stay there while they preach. Again, not door-to-door preaching.
onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:52 amThat clearly shows that Jesus instructed his disciples to go to people's homes
One home per Jewish town, at which the disciples were to stay until they left the town.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Ross
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Ross »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm when it does happen and if the internet is still available. I'm going to give everyone, not an "I" told you so, but the Bible told you so tour. if Jehovah allows it of course. I can hardly wait for the vindication of God's name.
That is a little like waiting for a New Testament manuscript to appear in some cave containing the tetragrammaton as in your spurious Bible.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #20]
Yes it does make sense and fits with the God we read about in the Bible. 'Why the pause' is an excellent discerning question.

I think of Nineveh first. Jonah walked into that city and said in just forty days the whole city would be destroyed. There was no way a whole city could learn about God as much as Jonah knew in just forty days. They just need to know they were on a course to destruction at the hand of Jehovah. Remember how Jonah reacted when the city wasn't destroyed? Do you remember Jonah's reason for being so angry? "But this was highly displeasing to Joʹnah, and he became hot with anger. So he prayed to Jehovah: “Ah, now, Jehovah, was this not my concern when I was in my own land? That is why I tried to flee to Tarʹshish in the first place; for I knew that you are a compassionate and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love, one who feels grieved over calamity. Now, O Jehovah, please take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.” Jehovah asked: “Is it right for you to be so angry?” - Jonah 4:1-4

With this new adjustment, could some find themselves with the same thinking of Jonah? Jonah thought his preaching was in vain. Show me a Jehovah's Witness that has not thought that at least once! But, are we about to see our efforts payoff, not in the last days, but in the GT?

I only know this, no matter many how many make it through the GT and Armageddon, I cannot afford to be dogmatic on the number or the reason people survive it. I just need to be like Jonah and keep giving the message God gives me.

historia
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by historia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:36 pm
Anyway, so glad you turned up to comment on my thread Historia. Have an excellent 2024!
I always enjoy our discussions, JehovahsWitness. Happy new year to you!
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:36 pm
Given how "farfetched" and unlikely such an event would be, do you not think you would recall the prediction? I think if someone told me King Charles will one day do a naked pole dance at the Vatican, even if it happened 10 years from now I think I'd recall the conversation. I wouldn't think about the prediction once after hearing it (and for all intents and purpose it would be "forgotten") ...but if it happened, I'm pretty sure I'd remember being told.
I appreciate the point you're making here. I guess I'm parsing your question in the OP rather narrowly. You see, some conservative Evangelical Christians and Fundamentalists hold a not dissimilar view about the United Nations (and its predecessor the League of Nations). So I took the OP to indicate that what separates Jehovah's Witnesses from these other Christian groups is specifically the claim that the United Nations is identified as the beast of Revelation 17.

historia
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by historia »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:05 pm
If you'll notice, the U.N. is being mentioned more and more.
I see no evidence to support this assertion. Consider, for example, that Google Books N-gram shows that references to "United Nations" have steadily declined over the past 70 years in the published literature.
It will eventually have the power and the guts to stamp out all religion.
It's easy to say something like this, but much harder to explain the sequence of events that would actually bring this about. In your imagination, what, exactly, will the United Nations do to "stamp out all religion" in, for example, Saudi Arabia? And when (even roughly) do you think it will do that?

Consider, too, the way the United Nations is constructed:

It has as part of its Declaration of Human Rights the express assertion that all people have the right to freely practice religion (Article 18), which informs some of its advocacy, as in this example.

But it also can't take even modest actions against any country without the unanimous consent of the Security Council, which is why it can't even sanction Israel in the current Gaza conflict let alone force it to stop its current military campaign.

How can an organization like that "stamp out all religion"?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #26

historia wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:20 pm...I took the OP to indicate that what separates Jehovah's Witnesses from these other Christian groups is specifically the claim that the United Nations is identified as the beast of Revelation 17.
I cannot comment on other religions (but I believe our understanding is entirely unique), namely ...
1. The UNITED NATIONS is the Scarlet Beast of Revelation Chapter 17.

AND ...

2. The United nations (representing world governments) will completely destroy all the world's religious institutions.

My question is not how likely you think this to be (or how this would even be possible) but, should it happen would you REMEMBER this conversation? ie would you remember being told by Jehovah's Witnesses that this would happen?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

onewithhim
Savant

Post #27

Post by onewithhim »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:37 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:47 pm
That's something that has really struck me with the latest clarification about the door still being open AFTER the fall of Babylon... I know it's still a matter of heart but the preaching work becomes key to what I reckon will be the last minute influx... they have to remember and understand the significance of the event, regardless of how much contact they have has with us.

I doubt if someone that hasnt studied with us will but surely there will be'some that maybe unaided put 2 and 2 together. .. and even if they don't, their failure is a testimony against them... that they were given fair warning.

JW
The door being open during the Great Tribulation has always been a thought I have hand but have kept close to the vest. I have always thought, why have a hail stone warning message if the warning message can't be heeded. You're correct about the heart condition. That INCLUDES those that have been Witnesses for years. The folks that have decided to abandoned Jehovah and His organization in the past few years, I find confounding. I think, 'Really?! You're going to leave now?!' I have a feeling I will say those words again about those that now Witnesses after the fall of Babylon the Great and that will be even more confounding.

I think the hail stone message will be very clear and there will be no room for someone to say, 'I didn't get a warning'. Jehovah is a rock and perfect in all of His dealings, I have full confidence everyone will know what they rejecting or accepting.
As Brother Lett said, there will be some who never had the chance to learn. Will Jehovah show them mercy? I believe He will.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #28

Post by onewithhim »

historia wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:41 pm
If you'll notice, the U.N. is being mentioned more and more.
I see no evidence to support this assertion. Consider, for example, that Google Books N-gram shows that references to "United Nations" have steadily declined over the past 70 years in the published literature.
It will eventually have the power and the guts to stamp out all religion.
It's easy to say something like this, but much harder to explain the sequence of events that would actually bring this about. In your imagination, what, exactly, will the United Nations do to "stamp out all religion" in, for example, Saudi Arabia? And when (even roughly) do you think it will do that?

Consider, too, the way the United Nations is constructed:

It has as part of its Declaration of Human Rights the express assertion that all people have the right to freely practice religion (Article 18), which informs some of its advocacy, as in this example.

But it also can't take even modest actions against any country without the unanimous consent of the Security Council, which is why it can't even sanction Israel in the current Gaza conflict let alone force it to stop its current military campaign.

How can an organization like that "stamp out all religion"?
True, it doesn't seem likely, and we just don't have a clue as to how it will happen. But it will, and it remains to be seen just how it will go down.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #29

Post by Revelations won »

DearJW's,

It appears that according to your OP that your doctrine is that "the United Nations will commence (the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth".

Can you name to whom and on what date this was revealed to the JW's?

Can you testify and show evidence that your claim is in complete accordance with the scriptures?

Kind regards,

RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #30

Revelations won wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:03 pm
Can you name to whom and on what date this was revealed to the JW's?

We do not believe the destruction of Babylon was revealed to any modern day Jehovahs Witness, it was revealed in symbolic of language to the Apostle John in the first century (around 98 CE).

Revelations won wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:03 pm
Can you testify and show evidence that your claim is in complete accordance with the scriptures?
This thread is not for that purpose but to discuss whether people believe they will remember thus undestanding in the future. Feel free to ask the above in a more appropriate thread or post your question on the subforum:

Questions for a group:
viewforum.php?f=45
Kindly respect the OP,

JW