The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

• Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privacy of their own homes
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Ross
Scholar

Re: The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #2

Post by Ross »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm Image
  • Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privant of their own homes
Like almost all of the Jehovah's Witness interpretations of the 'last days' expounded by Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Franklyn Rutherford, and Frederick William Franz, this one too, will prove in the passing of time to be ridiculous.

Do you genuinely believe that the United Nations has any power anymore?

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

I wonder - where did the "Jack The Ripper" come from in relation to "hates the prostitute" as it may be a case that such who use knives to murder women they regard as worthy of being hated, may be influenced by the type of writing the author(s) of Revelation expressed into the world.
No.
No.
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privant of their own homes
I do not think "individual beliefs" constitute "religious institutions".

Rather (like the JW religious institution) these represent group beliefs.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pmWhat do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?

You're conflating two very different things. In the context of your symbolism, the difference between religious organizations and individual worship is the difference between prostitution and personal (amateur?) sexual activity.

I would lose little sleep if the institutions were abolished. Religious institutions in general exercise far too much temporal power over their members. A side-effect of this that I'd selfishly enjoy is that I'd no longer have to deal with the prostitutes sending current customers door-to-door to solicit new ones.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

historia
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by historia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm
Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
Probably not, if I'm being honest. I like to think I have a good memory. But, decades from now, I'm unlikely to recall this particular obscure fact about Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine. No offense.
Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves?
Same answer as above.
What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
It's hard to answer that question, since a lot would have to change in the world for something like this to even be a remote possibility.

Consider, for example, that even the brutal, atheistic, totalitarian regimes of the 20th Century -- the Soviet Union and Communist China -- weren't able to abolish all religious institutions. So imagine what kind of governments it would take to actually accomplish that.

Long before we got to that "one day" where all religious institutions could even conceivably be abolished, hundreds of very different countries around the world would all have to undergo radical and likely violent changes to their systems of government. If I somehow lived through all of that, I'm sure I'd have a very different reaction than just now considering the sudden abolition of all religious institutions.

It's also not clear what the United Nations would have to do with that far-fetched hypothetical scenario. The UN is, as Ross suggested above, a somewhat feeble organization.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

Also of note - if "the prostitute" is "all religions" which this hater is supposed to abolish, then JW being a religion, would be counted as being "the prostitute" as well...so good advice is to avoid begin part of any religion "just in case"...rule of thumb kind thing. :)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

historia wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:10 pm
Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
Probably not, if I'm being honest. I like to think I have a good memory. But, decades from now, I'm unlikely to recall this particular obscure fact about Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine. No offense.

Absolutely none taken. You may think you will never recall this particular exchange, but it's funny what the brain can record and recall when relevant. Especially if an annoying but consistently vocal little group keep banging on about it.

historia wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:10 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
It's hard to answer that question... I'm sure I'd have a very different reaction than just now considering the sudden abolition of all religious institutions.
Given how "farfetched" and unlikely such an event would be, do you not think you would recall the prediction? I think if someone told me King Charles will one day do a naked pole dance at the Vatican, even if it happened 10 years from now I think I'd recall the conversation. I wouldn't think about the prediction once after hearing it (and for all intents and purpose it would be "forgotten") ...but if it happened, I'm pretty sure I'd remember being told.

Anyway, so glad you turned up to comment on my thread Historia. Have an excellent 2024!

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Muckman
Student

Post #8

Post by Muckman »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #7]

I'm not prophetically convinced about anything and willing to change my mind on these issues.

The U.N.? Maybe - but I doubt it. Is globalism and a New World Order Prophesied? Maybe. Do the beasts of Revelation 13,17, and Daniel 7's fourth beast represent the same thing? I doubt that too. Is the anti-Christ a global dictator? I doubt that, but maybe.

As far as the abolition of the world's religions goes - I say NO WAY! Neither do I think the religion 'of the beast' is Rome or a consolidation of World religions...and I'm certainly NOT pre-trib!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

Muckman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:37 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #7]

I'm not prophetically convinced about anything and willing to change my mind on these issues.

The U.N.? Maybe - but I doubt it. Is globalism and a New World Order Prophesied? Maybe. Do the beasts of Revelation 13,17, and Daniel 7's fourth beast represent the same thing? I doubt that too. Is the anti-Christ a global dictator? I doubt that, but maybe.

As far as the abolition of the world's religions goes - I say NO WAY! Neither do I think the religion 'of the beast' is Rome or a consolidation of World religions...and I'm certainly NOT pre-trib!

Thank you for your comment, but I didnt actually ask if you believed this would happen, I asked if you think you would remember being TOLD it would happen if it eventually did? Do you think this single fact (that Jehovah's Witnesses (alone) believe this) has now registered with you? and would it come back to mind if it actually happened?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

Ross wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:41 pm
Like almost all of the Jehovah's Witness interpretations of the 'last days' expounded by Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Franklyn Rutherford, and Frederick William Franz, this one too, will prove in the passing of time to be ridiculous.

Do you genuinely believe that the United Nations has any power anymore?
If you'll notice, the U.N. is being mentioned more and more. It will eventually have the power and the guts to stamp out all religion. (Thankfully, Jehovah's Witnesses will be protected by Jehovah.)