The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

• Do you think you will always remember that Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion on earth that believes the "wild beast" of the book of Revelation is the United Nations ?
  • Do you think you will remember that JWs alone believe the attack of Babylon the Great in the bible represents the total destruction of all religious organisations on earth and an attempt eventually to destroy that of Jehovah's Witnesses themselves ?
  • What do you think your reaction would be if one day all religions institutons* were abolished?
*individuals remaining free to practice their religion in the privacy of their own homes
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: The UNITED NATIONS will turn against the world religions?

Post #31

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:36 am
Revelations won wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:03 pm
Can you testify and show evidence that your claim is in complete accordance with the scriptures?
This thread is not for that purpose but to discuss whether people believe they will remember thus undestanding in the future. Feel free to ask the above in a more appropriate thread or post your question on the subforum:

Those that ask for evidence are looking for something in particular and when they don't see what they expect they will not believe it. Much like those that didn't believe Jesus was the Christ. They were looking for something else to happen and when it didn't they would deny Jesus was the Christ. So, when Revelation 18 is explained and if that explanation doesn't fit their dogma they they will claim 'no evidence'. So the demand for evidence is pointless. But that evidence is coming and it will not come from Jehovah's Witnesses.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

The OP asks what will I think when all religions are destroyed by the "Beast." I will jump up and down with joy. Jehovah will finally be vindicated! No more will the spurious doctrine of hell-fire or the immortality of the soul be taught, amongst other false doctrines and dogmas. "The earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)

historia
Prodigy

Post #33

Post by historia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:35 pm
The United nations (representing world governments) will completely destroy all the world's religious institutions.

My question is not how likely you think this to be (or how this would even be possible) but, should it happen would you REMEMBER this conversation?
In that scenario, sure, I think I'd likely remember this conversation.

I'd like to pose the opposite (or something like the opposite) question to you, though: If, say, 30 years from now the United Nations has not abolished all religious institutions, should I conclude you were wrong in your prediction?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:36 pm
The United nations (representing world governments) will completely destroy all the world's religious institutions.

My question is not how likely you think this to be (or how this would even be possible) but, should it happen would you REMEMBER this conversation?

I'd like to pose the opposite (or something like the opposite) question to you, though: If, say, 30 years from now the United Nations has not abolished all religious institutions, should I conclude you were wrong in your prediction?
Excuse me for throwing in my $.02, but I would not conclude that we were wrong. I would look ahead for it to happen eventually. But the Scriptures show that we are so near the end of this system of things. It has to be soon.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #35

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:36 pm I'd like to pose the opposite (or something like the opposite) question to you, though: If, say, 30 years from now the United Nations has not abolished all religious institutions, should I conclude you were wrong in your prediction?
I'm not sure about the timeframe of "30 years" (that would cerainly put it all on the outer limit of the biblical time frame) but if in 30 years it hasnt happened, that would only mean it hasn't happened yet.

Our interpretations are not infallibile ; this understanding of prophecy is one we believe is as close to watertight as is humanly possible and it's a prophecy that has only gotten clearer and more likely with time. We firmly believe The bible on the other hand is NEVER wrong, so if we eventually need to reasssess our understanding, so be it.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #36

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:36 pm

Then my work here is done!

historia
Prodigy

Post #37

Post by historia »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:56 pm
I would look ahead for it to happen eventually. But the Scriptures show that we are so near the end of this system of things. It has to be soon.
Okay, what is the outer timeframe of "soon" in your estimation?
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:41 pm
Our interpretations are not infallibile . . . so if we eventually need to reasssess our understanding, so be it.
Fair enough. I guess my question, then, is how much time would need to elapse before you decide its necessary to reassess your understanding. 40 years? 50 years?

If, say, 100 years from now the world's religious institutions are still intact and the United Nations is just as committed to religious freedom as it is today, do you think it's likely Jehovah's Witnesses at that future date will have a very different understanding of Revelation 17?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #38

Post by onewithhim »

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:25 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:56 pm
I would look ahead for it to happen eventually. But the Scriptures show that we are so near the end of this system of things. It has to be soon.
Okay, what is the outer timeframe of "soon" in your estimation?
Our interpretations are not infallibile . . . so if we eventually need to reasssess our understanding, so be it.
Fair enough. I guess my question, then, is how much time would need to elapse before you decide its necessary to reassess your understanding. 40 years? 50 years?

If, say, 100 years from now the world's religious institutions are still intact and the United Nations is just as committed to religious freedom as it is today, do you think it's likely Jehovah's Witnesses at that future date will have a very different understanding of Revelation 17?
Probably, yes. But we are convinced that humans are now in the toes of the great image of Daniel chapter two. There is no further to go. I don't know how to do links, so I'm saying that if you go to the website www.jw.org and type into the search engine "the great image of Daniel ch.2" and then click on "World powers foretold by Daniel," you can see what I mean. Other websites say practically the same thing, if you want to Google it.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #39

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:25 pm Fair enough. I guess my question, then, is how much time would need to elapse before you decide its necessary to reassess your understanding. 40 years? 50 years?
Well we're talking a "generation" from 1914; as in, all the contemporaries of those alive at that time.... without going into detail, going on 60, I myself would be one of the youngest contemporaries of that 1914 generation (having lived when the last of them were still alive). I like to think I've got a few fighting years still in me, but probably not "30 years" .

Personally, looking at world events in the light of bible prophecy, 30 years is not only unlikely, its inconcievable. But our organisation has learnt from past mistakes and the official line is these events are .... "imminent" without trying to calculate the year. Hopefully, "imminent" enough for you (and others) to remember this exchange.

JW

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by boatsnguitars »

historia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:36 pm I'd like to pose the opposite (or something like the opposite) question to you, though: If, say, 30 years from now the United Nations has not abolished all religious institutions, should I conclude you were wrong in your prediction?
I'm not sure about the timeframe of "30 years" (that would cerainly put it all on the outer limit of the biblical time frame) but if in 30 years it hasnt happened, that would only mean it hasn't happened yet.

Our interpretations are not infallibile ; this understanding of prophecy is one we believe is as close to watertight as is humanly possible and it's a prophecy that has only gotten clearer and more likely with time. We firmly believe The bible on the other hand is NEVER wrong, so if we eventually need to reasssess our understanding, so be it.
Is there anything easier than being a religious prognosticator? Make any old claim, no matter how bizarre, then say (when it doesn't happen) "It hasn't happened... YET!"

roll eyes... c'mon....

No wonder people laugh at certain groups... Let's admit there are some pretty wild religious ideas out there.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm