What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

The church claims man has been infected with the "original sin." Its defined by the church as being unable to please God. That we are all doomed. And only killing a good guy named Jesus can save us.
No one is infected with anything. Its just a cop out. An excuse to failure.
Do you think such a concept insoires people to try harder or an excuse

The Tanager
Savant

Re: What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Post #51

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to Mae von H in post #35]

Moderator Comment

There is no need to uncivilly speculate or comment on why you think someone may believe as they do; keep with the content and don't go after the individual poster.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by boatsnguitars »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:47 am [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #49]

God didn't stop the serpent because He wanted to give Adam and Eve the opportunity to show their love for Him by rejecting Satan's accusations and refusing to act on his lies. Then He let Satan live because He wanted to give all of humanity the honor of rejecting Satan as well. After all, Satan had said that a man would do just about anything to save his own life, and would reject God to His face. (Job 2:4,5) God wanted to prove Satan wrong, and there HAVE been millions who reject Satan's lies.
God didn't know what would happen? You said God wanted to give them the opportunity - that seems to suggest God didn't know they were going to fall for his trap?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Data
Sage

Post #53

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:39 am Why didn't God stop the serpent?
God wasn't there.
boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:39 am BTW, what does "woke" mean to you?
Woke doesn't mean anything to me.

Data
Sage

Post #54

Post by Data »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:47 am [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #49]
God didn't stop the serpent because He wanted to give Adam and Eve the opportunity to show their love for Him by rejecting Satan's accusations and refusing to act on his lies.
What about the angel who became Satan? Man is lower than the angels so why let the righteous angel who God himself had sent to protect the garden lie and jeopardize himself? This unsophisticated and erroneous proposition is evidence of it coming from a human religious perspective. They didn't need Satan's accusation to show their love. Would you knowingly allow someone to harm a loved one to test their love?
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:47 am Then He let Satan live because He wanted to give all of humanity the honor of rejecting Satan as well. After all, Satan had said that a man would do just about anything to save his own life, and would reject God to His face. (Job 2:4,5) God wanted to prove Satan wrong, and there HAVE been millions who reject Satan's lies.
There have been millions who have thought they have rejected Satan's lies while actually embracing them and even mistakenly called that love for God. Even for their own benefit. That's a really easy trap to fall into, and a very popular one. God let Satan live to address the charges he made against God. It's justice. You don't kill the criminal before the trial.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by boatsnguitars »

Data wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 am God wasn't there.
Fair. That's my answer, too.
Woke doesn't mean anything to me.
"I woke up at 6 AM."

That doesn't mean anything to you?
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by boatsnguitars »

Data wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 am Oh, boy . . . more woke noise from the land of illusion. Ironically in battle it becomes difficult to distinguish the oppressor from the oppressed. Never gets old watching them charging into battle like mindless but furious zombies. Always missing everything around them but their ideological obsession.
I have to wonder why you use a word that means nothing to you. Perhaps you were lying?
― Omar Khayyâm

onewithhim
Savant

Post #57

Post by onewithhim »

boatsnguitars wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:54 am

God didn't stop the serpent because He wanted to give Adam and Eve the opportunity to show their love for Him by rejecting Satan's accusations and refusing to act on his lies. Then He let Satan live because He wanted to give all of humanity the honor of rejecting Satan as well. After all, Satan had said that a man would do just about anything to save his own life, and would reject God to His face. (Job 2:4,5) God wanted to prove Satan wrong, and there HAVE been millions who reject Satan's lies.
God didn't know what would happen? You said God wanted to give them the opportunity - that seems to suggest God didn't know they were going to fall for his trap?
It was no trap. He wanted to give them the opportunity to go on happily living in the beautiful garden. God can decide what He WANTS to know, and what He doesn't want to know. He didn't want to know what Adam and Eve would do so He could genuinely give them a choice. He didn't want it to be fake. How could He be loving if He knew what they were going to do....just stringing them along? He chose to wait and see what they would do. He has that ability.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #58

Post by onewithhim »

Data wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:15 am
God didn't stop the serpent because He wanted to give Adam and Eve the opportunity to show their love for Him by rejecting Satan's accusations and refusing to act on his lies.
What about the angel who became Satan? Man is lower than the angels so why let the righteous angel who God himself had sent to protect the garden lie and jeopardize himself? This unsophisticated and erroneous proposition is evidence of it coming from a human religious perspective. They didn't need Satan's accusation to show their love. Would you knowingly allow someone to harm a loved one to test their love?
Where did you get the idea that God sent Satan to "protect the garden"? Satan wasn't righteous when he decided to go and lie to Eve. He wasn't assigned to protect anything. No they didn't need Satan's accusations to show their love. As long as they left the one tree alone, they were home free. Satan wanted to complicate the situation and bring down human beings to his own level and position. Jehovah gave Adam and Eve the opportunity to stand up to Satan, and when they didn't He allowed them to try to show that they were better off without Him, as they thought they would be. Why wouldn't He allow them to show that they could handle life just fine without His interference? He respected their decision. They and their offspring have been able to run this world without Him, and have they proven that they could do a good job? Satan and his minions have been shown to have done a lousy job, and it's almost time to bring his reign to an end. Any time now, according to Bible prophesy.

Data
Sage

Post #59

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:21 am
Data wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 am God wasn't there.
Fair. That's my answer, too.
True but your answer would not only exclude God but there as well. Place, people, events.
El Conquestidor wrote: Woke doesn't mean anything to me.
"I woke up at 6 AM."
Columbus and Vai wrote: That doesn't mean anything to you?
I'm afraid not.

Data
Sage

Post #60

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:23 am
Data wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 am Oh, boy . . . more woke noise from the land of illusion. Ironically in battle it becomes difficult to distinguish the oppressor from the oppressed. Never gets old watching them charging into battle like mindless but furious zombies. Always missing everything around them but their ideological obsession.
I have to wonder why you use a word that means nothing to you. Perhaps you were lying?
Yes. That was it. I was lying. I do that all the time. See, I'm lying right now. Wokeism was a joke that got old. Ideology and hypocrisy on acid and coke.