"Human Garbage"

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

"Human Garbage"

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

This term was introduced as an explanation of God's opinion of some humans.

"He was clearly saying some people will be viewed by God as "human garbage". You dont torture your garbage; you dispose of it and forget it."

viewtopic.php?p=1050167#p1050167

This is nothing less than a method with which to excuse the hatred of and violence against certain humans. A similar practice was used to justify the massive genocide of indigenous peoples in the area we now call North America. The goal is to view fellow humans as something other, something different than the humans committing the violence. Phrases such as "dirt worshipers", "heathens", and "redskins" were used to vilify and dehumanize these peoples and to glorify genocide.

Let's not forget that Jesus used this method as well in his explanation of the "Wheat and the Weeds" parable.

Is this an example of the superior morality Christians claim to possess?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: "Human Garbage"

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

Tcg wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:33 amLet's not forget that Jesus used this method as well in his explanation of the "Wheat and the Weeds" parable.
At the risk of proving Godwin's Law in the first response, there's a more recent historical example of this.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #3

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello Tcg

How is this not just 'a random ramble'?
It sounds like sensationalist pomp to me. You have indians, you have Jesus, you have garbage dumps, you have rightful indignation , you have... what a mess!
The word scum is a modern derogatory term, in sport today you can still take out the trash while taking care of business. Eminem was trailer trash, or white trash...I forget.
Are you the protector of sensibilities in this wicked world. I learned this week that I am considered to be part of The Whore of Babylon...I am intrigued as to what part, that might be.
If people want to do the legwork on this 'subject' then I suggest that they start with Dr. Bart D. Ehrman's 'The history of Heaven and Hell.'

Apparently the OT,(the Jesus Bible), doesn't have a Hell in it until a fringe notion of Final Judgement starts to surface around 200BC, in Apocalyptic Judaism. When you are dead you are dead ,with them and whether in the grave or in the Pauper's pit, or local dump, you can be burned, buried or eaten by the worms. Basically an observation of how money follows money....same as today.

Apologies, for the editing, my spelling proficiency is disintegrating along with my eyesight.
Week weak
Trash thrash
Babylon Babalyon..Yikes!
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:57 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:33 amLet's not forget that Jesus used this method as well in his explanation of the "Wheat and the Weeds" parable.
At the risk of proving Godwin's Law in the first response, there's a more recent historical example of this.
I'm confused, does Godwin's Law apply to the genocides of North American tribes?

I can provide a more recent example to clarify my intended point. A good friend of mine is a Vietnam vet. He was an infantry man with the U.S. Marine Corp. and his job of course included killing other humans. He always refers to Vietnamese people as "gooks." This allows him to think of them as something other, something less than human. I think it is his way of justifying in his mind the killing he participated in. Using the term "human garbage" seems to serve a similar purpose.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Difflugia »

Tcg wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:06 pmI'm confused, does Godwin's Law apply to the genocides of North American tribes?
No. I meant that I referenced Nazis myself in the first response.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #6

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:13 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:06 pmI'm confused, does Godwin's Law apply to the genocides of North American tribes?
No. I meant that I referenced Nazis myself in the first response.
According to the Book of Mormon, the North American tribes are really the evil Lamanites🐒
They themselves genocided the fair white Nephites🐱
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Tcg in post #1]

Would any care to comment on the morality of calling a huge group of folks "human garbage?" Do all Christians share this moral standard? Is this an accurate view of God's morality?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #8

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello Tcg

The history of hurtful words is fascinating. I thank you Tcg for the prompt.

I was pondering the reasons for calling women ' broads', in America....

"Broad: Slang sense of "woman" is by 1911, perhaps suggestive of broad hips, but it also might trace to American English abroadwife, word for a woman (often a slave) away from her husband. Earliest use of the slang word suggests immorality or coarse, low-class women."

Thank You also ,Tcg, for prompting me to consider weird funerial practices. The guys who feed the dead to vultures have to be right up there. The world's first hackers. Apparently the practice is now frowned upon as it was killing the vultures. Amazing, I just considered it a form of recycling or perhaps even an accelerated aid to reincarnation.

How wrong can you be!
Thanks

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #9

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

"We know they're terrorists. Nobody has ever seen anything like we're witnessing right now. It is a very sad thing for our .... It's poisoning the blood of our country. It's so bad. And people are coming in with disease, people are coming in with every possible thing that you could have."

Where did this come from?

Is this about indians ,Tcg?

Tcg Opening Post "The goal is to view fellow humans as something other, something different than the humans committing the violence"

Tcg asks - "Is this an example of the superior morality Christians claim to possess"

As fate would have it these are the words of a professed Christian, so maybe you are correct, Tcg

There is nothing new under the sun!