Does the true God have a body of flesh and bone?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

According to scripture God and all of us including Christ have a spirit body.

According to the scriptures all of us including Jesus Christ are the literal spirit children of God the father.

According to the New Testament Christs body was crucified and killed. His spirit body however was never dead, for between the death of his physical body his spirit body went unto the spirits in prison and preached repentance unto those who had previously died. This was done before his glorious resurrection.

So do we all including Christ have an immortal body of flesh and bone after our resurrection?

William
Savant

Re: Does the true God have a body of flesh and bone?

Post #31

Post by William »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #30]
You didn't answer my question.
Yes I did. Your question was "How do you think you will go through eternity? With some kind of body or no body?" and I wrote (as an answer) "Eternity is not something one goes through. Bodies are."
I don't understand your response to my last post.
You don't understand my answer to your question?
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:20 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #30]
Yes I did. Your question was "How do you think you will go through eternity? With some kind of body or no body?" and I wrote (as an answer) "Eternity is not something one goes through. Bodies are."
No. Could you please elaborate?

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm
William wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:20 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #30]
No. Could you please elaborate?
Going through something requires an entry and and exit point. We could call these points "beginning" and "end".
Your question "How do you think you will go through eternity?" implies a beginning and an ending, which is why I answered "Eternity is not something one goes through."
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

Revelations won
Sage

Post #34

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Onewithhim,

You testify that the resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ does not have a body of "Flesh and Bone".

It would appear that according to the scriptures that you are blasphemly calling Christ a damned liar. The testimony of Christ in this matter clearly states otherwise:

When Christ appeared to his apostles after his resurrection, that they, at first thought the they had seen him as a spirit. Christ in his masterful way taught them other wise:

"Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them.
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

You are entitled to your JW private interpretation of the Bible, but as for me and our house we will take the clear testimony of Jesus Christ on this issue more than a trillion to one over your "private interpretation testimony"

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #35

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:27 am Dear Onewithhim,

You testify that the resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ does not have a body of "Flesh and Bone".

It would appear that according to the scriptures that you are blasphemly calling Christ a damned liar. The testimony of Christ in this matter clearly states otherwise:

When Christ appeared to his apostles after his resurrection, that they, at first thought the they had seen him as a spirit. Christ in his masterful way taught them other wise:

"Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them.
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

You are entitled to your JW private interpretation of the Bible, but as for me and our house we will take the clear testimony of Jesus Christ on this issue more than a trillion to one over your "private interpretation testimony"
Yeshua said in advance, that if anyone says they saw me in an "inner room" (Luke), or in a wilderness (Paul) do not believe them. (Mt 24:26). Apparently you believe some guy named Luke.

Matthew 24:26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Revelations won wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:03 pm Does the true God have a body of flesh and bone?

According to scripture God and all of us including Christ have a spirit body.

According to the scriptures all of us including Jesus Christ are the literal spirit children of God the father.

According to the New Testament Christs body was crucified and killed. His spirit body however was never dead, for between the death of his physical body his spirit body went unto the spirits in prison and preached repentance unto those who had previously died. This was done before his glorious resurrection.

So do we all including Christ have an immortal body of flesh and bone after our resurrection?
Written in the book of John, if this being the truth...Or is this not the truth?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Then what did God become when He was made flesh?