Jesus is God: Jesus committed no sin

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God: Jesus committed no sin

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

You are a sinner, God is not and has no sin.

Jesus is not a sinner.

Therefore Jesus is God.

Did Jesus commit sin? Is Jesus a sinner?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jesus is God: Jesus committed no sin

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

God commits not sin.
Jesus commits no sin.
.... therefore Jesus is God
THE FALLACY OF THE UNDISTRIBUTED MIDDLE (Lat. non distributio medii)

RELATED POSTS
What is "argumentum ad populum"?
viewtopic.php?p=1048524#p1048524

What is Ad hominem?
viewtopic.php?p=1068290#p1068290

What is circular reasoning [begging the question]?
viewtopic.php?p=1027604#p1027604

What is the fallacy of equivocation [first & last] ?
viewtopic.php?p=1020274#p1020274

What is the fallacy of special pleading ?
viewtopic.php?p=1072425#p1072425

What is the fallacy of the consequent?
viewtopic.php?p=1073114#p1073114

What is the fallacy of "false equivalence"?
viewtopic.php?p=1074577#p1074577

What is the fallacy of composition [true christian]?
viewtopic.php?p=1026784#p1026784
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

LOGIC , FALLACIES and ... EVIDENCE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

What other living beings are without sin?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:27 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

I presume the faithful angels.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #5

Post by The Nice Centurion »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:42 pm
Wootah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:27 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

I presume the faithful angels.
1) Sin❓😃 What would that even be❓🐑🎃

2) Care to describe what is Sin❓🐻🐨

3) Surely Sin is only subjective❗ Agree❓🦇🔥
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to The Nice Centurion in post #5]

Inadequacies, failings, lack of ability. Anything that misses the mark of perfection.

Savant

Post #7

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:32 pm You are a sinner, God is not and has no sin.

Jesus is not a sinner.

Therefore Jesus is God.

Did Jesus commit sin? Is Jesus a sinner?
So, if I say, Jesus had legs, I have legs, I am God, you think it is true?

I don't think Jesus commit sin, he didn't reject God. I think sin means to be without God, or to reject God. And I believe it is possible for Jesus to be without sin, even if he is not the God. And I think all people should be without sin, because:

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked shall perish.
Ps. 1:5-6
…He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is right-eous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10
"Behold, you are made well. Sin no more, so that nothing worse happens to you."
John 5:14

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #8

Post by TRANSPONDER »

:D Yes I agree JW and 1213 both. Undistributed middle (the same fallacy as Lord, Liar or lunatic). All people are alive, Starfish are alive, this starfish are people. Or All cars have wheels, bicycles have wheels, therefore a bicycle is a car.

The subsequent effort to pare it down to ONLY what is sinless, which is required to make the Holmes dictum work, as distinct fro Occams'razor which works as a theoretics preference not a as the only possible conclusion.

What complicates matters of course is Bible-belief blinkered denial.

Which we shall see (I do prophecy) when it is pointed out that not only did Jesus sin, many times, from disrespecting his parents to losing his rag with people who did not deserve it, but God is far away from being sinless or even Good, and what we get is not a narrative of a sinless being but a divine dictator who controls the state media so it claims everything vile and nasty the dictatorial bully does is Good and indeed his nature sinless which it plainly isn't

I know because it's been excused in the past as God's morality not being the one He supposedly gave us.

Talk about do as I say, not as I do. Though Do as I say could be pretty darn nasty, and that goes for the NT as well.

In fact I am daily thankful, O Random factors of the universe, that thou hast made me an atheist and I don't have to pretend to believe this vile trash of Bible, Christianity and church.

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am :D Yes I agree JW and 1213 both. Undistributed middle (the same fallacy as Lord, Liar or lunatic). All people are alive, Starfish are alive, this starfish are people. Or All cars have wheels, bicycles have wheels, therefore a bicycle is a car.
Doesn't differ much from evolutionists monkey logic, which basically says, it has similar DNA, it must be a monkey. :D
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am it is pointed out that not only did Jesus sin, many times, from disrespecting his parents to losing his rag with people who did not deserve it...
Why do you think Jesus disrespected his parents? I don't think there is any Biblical reason to think so.

Why do you think the people didn't deserve what Jesus did?
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am...but God is far away from being sinless or even Good, and what we get is not a narrative of a sinless being but a divine dictator who controls the state media so it claims everything vile and nasty the dictatorial bully does is Good and indeed his nature sinless which it plainly isn't
By what I have understood, sin means to reject God. I don't think there is any intelligent reason to claim God has rejected Himself.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #10

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:16 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am :D Yes I agree JW and 1213 both. Undistributed middle (the same fallacy as Lord, Liar or lunatic). All people are alive, Starfish are alive, this starfish are people. Or All cars have wheels, bicycles have wheels, therefore a bicycle is a car.
Doesn't differ much from evolutionists monkey logic, which basically says, it has similar DNA, it must be a monkey. :D
Another crummy analogy which is like saying if a car has metal bodywork it must be a reftigerator. The whole plan of DNA relationships are more like a map where if amap location is almost the same as another map location, they arelikely to be neighbours. Before you even use to the word 'logic' you would do well to understand how it works.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am it is pointed out that not only did Jesus sin, many times, from disrespecting his parents to losing his rag with people who did not deserve it...
Why do you think Jesus disrespected his parents? I don't think there is any Biblical reason to think so.

Why do you think the people didn't deserve what Jesus did?
According to Luke Jesus let his parents go off while he stayed behind chatting with the priests. Now aside this is Luke's invention, doubtless based on Josephus and I heard the excuses like the parents assumed he was with the other kids, his 'you don't matter' attitude when his parents found him is Diss, just as his dismissive attitude towards his mother, and the remark that the cult matters more than the family (1) if this wasn't made clear with the talk of letting someone else bury their father.

The worst example of Jesus looking like Frodo when the ring is taking over is his snarling at Peter who is only concerned about his master's welfare. Though of course this is Matthew's invention, and the market traders did not deserve his exhibition violence. Nor his persistent long sufferring sighing and head -shaking over his disciples' shortcomings. He was displaying what I call'foreman syndrome' where someone who has been doing the job for years gets ratty when a new lad doesn't pick up the job immediately. No, if I'd been a disciple (no 13 ;) ) like a Trump secretary, I'd have seen the red flags and left after the tea party with the Pharisee where Jesus roundly abuses his host. Which is pretty bad manners even if we assume he hadn't cleaned his plate and asked for a doggy bad.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am...but God is far away from being sinless or even Good, and what we get is not a narrative of a sinless being but a divine dictator who controls the state media so it claims everything vile and nasty the dictatorial bully does is Good and indeed his nature sinless which it plainly isn't
By what I have understood, sin means to reject God. I don't think there is any intelligent reason to claim God has rejected Himself.
Well isn't that just what I said, (Belief in God/Jesus is what saves, not Works) but you argued that it is works/deeds (following God's instructions - you remember Abraham believed God' (what God said) what what made him Righteous? If you are going to invent a new religion, at least try to memorize the dogma.

(1) Matthew 12. 46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

I anticipate the protest that he is only equating the followes with his parents but that doesn't wash as he spends no time (or effort) on his parents, only his followers.It is cult behavior and we see this division and tendency to push away those not in the Church.