Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What must I do to be saved?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Post #31

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:27 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:32 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:15 am
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:48 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

Is there one person who believes in Jesus as their Savior who will not be saved?
Yes, e.g., the demons, who are spirit persons. They believe that Jesus is the Savior, but they aren't going to be saved.
Spirits aren't persons.

Person: a human being regarded as an individual.

The wages for mankind's sin is the second death. Spirits are created with immortal spiritual bodies, and have no cause for salvation.

That is how we will be saved -- by being born a second time of the Spirit. That which is born of the Spirit is a spirit.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:32 pmBilly Graham is dead, but he will discover after he is resurrected that Jehovah is the true God who has raised him from the dead, IF he is resurrected. We can't know for sure. He preached a lot of nonsense.
I'm disappointed in you. At some time in the past you claimed to have read the entire Bible several times!

Now you contradict the Bible by implying that some human will not be resurrected.

Adolf Hitler will be resurrected, why not Billy Graham?

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans after the Millennium:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:4-5)
I said that we can't be sure of who will be resurrected. Will Hitler actually be? We don't know. And we don't know about Billy Graham. Perhaps both will be resurrected. Who knows? Your quote says that "those in Christ will all be made alive." So that is something we have to consider. Perhaps a person who fought against Christ might not be brought back. Only God knows.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #32

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:09 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

Is there one person who believes in Jesus as their Savior who will not be saved?
Yes, e.g., the demons, who are spirit persons. They believe that Jesus is the Savior, but they aren't going to be saved.
Spirits aren't persons.

The wages for mankind's sin is the second death. Spirits are created with immortal spiritual bodies, and have no cause for salvation.

That is how we will be saved -- by being born a second time of the Spirit. That which is born of the Spirit is a spirit.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:32 pmBilly Graham is dead, but he will discover after he is resurrected that Jehovah is the true God who has raised him from the dead, IF he is resurrected. We can't know for sure. He preached a lot of nonsense.
I'm disappointed in you. At some time in the past you claimed to have read the entire Bible several times!

Now you contradict the Bible by implying that some human will not be resurrected.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:4-5)
I said that we can't be sure of who will be resurrected. Will Hitler actually be? We don't know. And we don't know about Billy Graham. Perhaps both will be resurrected. Who knows? Your quote says that "those in Christ will all be made alive." So that is something we have to consider. Perhaps a person who fought against Christ might not be brought back. Only God knows.

Here's a hint from the scriptures as to who will be resurrected:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #33

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:40 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:09 pm

Spirits aren't persons.

Here's a hint from the scriptures as to who will be resurrected:

What about your verse I Corinthians 15:22? It says that "in Christ shall all be made alive." An apparent contradiction, as you state your opinion.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #34

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:24 pm What about your verse I Corinthians 15:22? It says that "in Christ shall all be made alive." An apparent contradiction, as you state your opinion.
Are you speaking in tongues or riddles?

An apparent contradiction to what?

I claimed that every human who ever died will be resurrected.

I quote the scripture stating that all shall be made alive.

I now claim that all shall be made alive is equivalent to the word resurrected.

Where is the contradiction?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #35

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:44 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:46 am What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
Yes that is some of the things.
Obeying is another( John 15:10-14)John 8:31)Heb 5:9)---------Like this important truth from Jesus--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--Its the only way one can learn and apply Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) is to learn and obey every utterance from God to the best of ones ability.
Not only repent, but turn around as well-Acts 3:19--means stop doing the sin. Hate the sin.

Many-Matt 7:21-23--They work iniquity( practice a sin)--Jesus showed there, no matter what one thinks they do for Jesus because they think they love him and believe in him, they will hear those words as judgement.
Matthew 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved!

This is not necessarily all those who say they believe in Him. People who falsely claim to believe in Jesus are called hypocrites. In Matthew 7:21, those calling Jesus Lord, Lord who will not enter the kingdom of heaven are the hypocrites who do not really believe in Jesus.

There are reasons why people falsely claim to be Christians.

The only ones who actually-BELIEVE= the ones who obey him. The rest are kidding themselves. The worst words one can ever hear is---YOU ARE SAVED--only blind guides say it. Then all those believe it and do little of what Jesus teaches. Jesus is clear at John 15:10-14= To remain in his love and be his friend one must obey him)= everything he teaches to the best of ones ability.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #36

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm
The only ones who actually-BELIEVE= the ones who obey him.
Does any human being obey Him completely?
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm The rest are kidding themselves. The worst words one can ever hear is---YOU ARE SAVED--only blind guides say it. Then all those believe it and do little of what Jesus teaches. Jesus is clear at John 15:10-14= To remain in his love and be his friend one must obey him)= everything he teaches to the best of ones ability.
Now you've changed it to obeying Him to the best of our abilities.

The scriptures simply use the word "believeth in Him" to gain everlasting life.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #37

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:37 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm The rest are kidding themselves. The worst words one can ever hear is---YOU ARE SAVED--only blind guides say it. Then all those believe it and do little of what Jesus teaches. Jesus is clear at John 15:10-14= To remain in his love and be his friend one must obey him)= everything he teaches to the best of ones ability.

Matt 7:21-23--these all believe-Yet the ones who work iniquity( practice a sin) will hear those words as judgement.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #38

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 pm

Matt 7:21-23--these all believe-Yet the ones who work iniquity( practice a sin) will hear those words as judgement.

Whosoever believeth in Jesus will have everlasting life in the Kingdom of heaven:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; (Matthew 7:21)

If not everyone who saith unto Jesus, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven; then some who saith unto Him, Lord, Lord, do not believe in Jesus!

They claim that they do, but they are hypocrites. A hypocrite is someone pretending to be something that he or she is not in order to receive recognition or gain.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #39

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:49 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:24 pm What about your verse I Corinthians 15:22? It says that "in Christ shall all be made alive." An apparent contradiction, as you state your opinion.
Are you speaking in tongues or riddles?

An apparent contradiction to what?

I claimed that every human who ever died will be resurrected.

I quote the scripture stating that all shall be made alive.

I now claim that all shall be made alive is equivalent to the word resurrected.

Where is the contradiction?
The contradiction is that "all" will be made alive and yet it says that those who are in Christ will be resurrected.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #40

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:11 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 pm

Jesus doesn't say they are hipocrites-He says they work iniquity( practice a sin)--Only those that believe in Jesus do powerful works in his name and the such. However there are 4 different Jesus' being taught on earth.

Whosoever believeth in Jesus will have everlasting life in the Kingdom of heaven:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; (Matthew 7:21)

If not everyone who saith unto Jesus, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven; then some who saith unto Him, Lord, Lord, do not believe in Jesus!

They claim that they do, but they are hypocrites. A hypocrite is someone pretending to be something that he or she is not in order to receive recognition or gain.