Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What must I do to be saved?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Post #11

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:41 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:06 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:13 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #2]
You lost me when you said that Paul is a false Christian. (Everything else you said is true.) Paul never sowed the tares. It was the Devil who did that, using the false religions of the world and their priests and ministers.

The list of what to do to get saved is right on. Yet something is left out that Jesus himself referred to. He said: "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16, New American Standard Bible)

Jesus' brother James said: "What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?...Are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?...For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." (James 2:14,20,26, NASB)

That is in no way saying that works alone can save anyone. Works come AFTER faith. They go hand-in-hand. James said: "I will show you my faith BY my works." (2:18, NASB)

Did JWs make that up?
The "devil" sowed his tare seed next to the "good" "message" of the "son of man", in the same field (NT book), as you say by way of false religions and their ministers, and the foremost false minister/prophet is Paul, who a wolve dressed in sheep's clothing, and provides a wide path (gospel of grace) to destruction. Paul's false church/house is built on sand and will "fall" (Mt 7:2) at the "end of the age", when the "tares" will be gathered and thrown into the fire (Mt 13:30). Until that time, they are protected, less the wheat is disturbed (Mt 13:29). As for the Works demonstrated by James, the "faith" was shown by the "works". Works are an action based on faith, and without the works, there was no faith shown, and according to Mt 3, the faithless person is looking at being thrown into the fire.
What kind of drivel is that about Paul? He taught exactly what Jesus taught, almost word for word. I don't understand what you have against Paul that you call him a false prophet. I stand by what I said in the previous post.
Paul taught you that you have been "saved". You have not been saved from your sins (sickness), nor from death (Jeremiah 31:30). The "devil"/serpent told Adam that he could flaunt the commandments of God and live, yet we all know Adam had to till the land and he died. The devil's messenger, Paul, told you that "we shall not all sleep/die", if we simply believe his "message" of "lawlessness", and of course, you think you can believe and now not have to die. Bad news is coming, for everybody will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). On the other hand, Yeshua taught that you have to surpass the Pharisees in their righteousness. Not only could you not commit adultery, to enter into life (Mt 19:16-19), you couldn't even look at a woman with lust. Look at poor Jimmy Carter, a consummate "Christian", he looked at women with lust, and failed as a president, as a navy officer because he quit to grow peanuts, and is now rotting under hospice care, and refusing intervention care, so he can die. Pretty bad when things are so bad your foremost wish is to die. His road is the same for the "Christians" following in his footsteps, including JWs practitioners.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #12

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm
Paul taught you that you have been "saved".
Paul taught that we shall be saved. The act of being born again as a spirit into the Kingdom of God is found in First Corinthians:

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (I Corinthians 15:44-50)
The devil's messenger, Paul, told you that "we shall not all sleep/die", . . .
Paul is correct about that also.

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (I Corinthians 15:51)

Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth, so "we" refers to Christians. So Christians will not all sleep (die), but all Christians will be changed.

Deceased Christians will be changed into spirits upon their resurrection at the Second Coming. Christians who are alive at that time will be changed into spiritual bodies at that same time without dying their first death:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Christians (We) shall not all die (sleep), but all will be born again as spirits (changed).
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm If we simply believe his "message" of "lawlessness", and of course, you think you can believe and now not have to die.
We will die our first appointed death. The second death is optional, depending on whether or not one believes in Jesus as their Savior from the wages of their sins.
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm Bad news is coming, for everybody will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). On the other hand, Yeshua taught that you have to surpass the Pharisees in their righteousness. Not only could you not commit adultery, to enter into life (Mt 19:16-19), you couldn't even look at a woman with lust. Look at poor Jimmy Carter, a consummate "Christian", he looked at women with lust, and failed as a president, as a navy officer because he quit to grow peanuts, and is now rotting under hospice care, and refusing intervention care, so he can die. Pretty bad when things are so bad your foremost wish is to die. His road is the same for the "Christians" following in his footsteps, including JWs practitioners.
Jimmy Carter awaits his first death which is appointed to all mankind -- including Jesus Christ:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #13

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:28 pm
Paul taught that we shall be saved. The act of being born again as a spirit into the Kingdom of God is found in First Corinthians:

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (I Corinthians 15:44-50)

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (I Corinthians 15:51)

Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth, so "we" refers to Christians. So Christians will not all sleep (die), but all Christians will be changed.

Deceased Christians will be changed into spirits upon their resurrection at the Second Coming. Christians who are alive at that time will be changed into spiritual bodies at that same time without dying their first death:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Christians (We) shall not all die (sleep), but all will be born again as spirits (changed).
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm If we simply believe his "message" of "lawlessness", and of course, you think you can believe and now not have to die.
We will die our first appointed death. The second death is optional, depending on whether or not one believes in Jesus as their Savior from the wages of their sins.
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm Bad news is coming, for everybody will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). On the other hand, Yeshua taught that you have to surpass the Pharisees in their righteousness. Not only could you not commit adultery, to enter into life (Mt 19:16-19), you couldn't even look at a woman with lust. Look at poor Jimmy Carter, a consummate "Christian", he looked at women with lust, and failed as a president, as a navy officer because he quit to grow peanuts, and is now rotting under hospice care, and refusing intervention care, so he can die. Pretty bad when things are so bad your foremost wish is to die. His road is the same for the "Christians" following in his footsteps, including JWs practitioners.
Jimmy Carter awaits his first death which is appointed to all mankind -- including Jesus Christ:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)
The problem with respect to the "Christians", is that they in general, all have the "mark of the beast", who was to "deceive" those "who dwell on the earth" and has already done so as the 7th head of the beast (Rev 17), the Roman emperor Constantine, the establisher of the Roman church, and they in general, all have that mark, and therefore according to Revelation 20:4, will remain buried for the duration of the millennium. They will arise for the judgment, but will be judged according to their deeds (Rev 20:12). The "wicked"/"lawless" will be thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:15-49), the coming "great tribulation" (Mt 24) and remain outside the gates (Rev 22:15) among the murderers (abortionist), liars (Progressive Marxist), immoral, idolaters (more than one god) and sorcerers (Satan worshipping witches). But then again, you can, along with the Amish, claim that you are among the 144,000 saved, yet your point of prophesized saving, per your leaders, the early 20th century, has long passed. You can keep up your false hope, but I don't think reality gives it any credibility. Plus, I think there are more than 144,000 of you guys, and most have a lie on their lips (Rev 14:5).

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #14

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:28 pm

I wasn't aware that the JWs haven't been saved. That is a little different than the perspective of the average Protestant who think they have been save. Many think they have been saved by the mere fact they follow the reasoning of the false prophet Paul. I thought it was according to Paul, that you were being saved with regard to you believing in the gospel of the cross (1 Cor 1:17-18). I will have to apologies for not understanding your position. When and how are you going to be saved, if not by believing in the gospel of the cross?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #15

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm When and how are you going to be saved, if not by believing in the gospel of the cross?
Believers in Christ are presently heirs unto salvation:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Believers will receive everlasting life as inheritors under the New Testament:

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:24)

The New Testament will be probated upon the Second Coming of Christ at the resurrection:

Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him... (Isaiah 62:11)

And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me... (Revelation 22:12)

When you are born again the second time at the resurrection as a spiritual body which will live forever, only then can you truthfully claim to be a born again of the Spirit Christian! Until that time, you have not been born again, regardless of what you have been told. You have only been born once as a human. The Kingdom of God consists only of spirits. Therefore, to become members of the Kingdom of God, you must be born again as a spirit:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

Once one is born of the Spirit as a spirit, one has everlasting life, and the second death does not concern them -- thus they are saved from the wages of their sins.

To this date, no one has been saved -- we remain heirs unto salvation.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #16

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #17

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21)

This verse simply refers to hypocrites, those that claim to be believers, but are not!

If a person believes in Jesus as his or her Savior, will they have everlasting life?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #18

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm When and how are you going to be saved, if not by believing in the gospel of the cross?

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:24)

The New Testament will be probated upon the Second Coming of Christ at the resurrection:

When you are born again the second time at the resurrection as a spiritual body which will live forever, only then can you truthfully claim to be a born again of the Spirit Christian! Until that time, you have not been born again, regardless of what you have been told. You have only been born once as a human. The Kingdom of God consists only of spirits. Therefore, to become members of the Kingdom of God, you must be born again as a spirit:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

Once one is born of the Spirit as a spirit, one has everlasting life, and the second death does not concern them -- thus they are saved from the wages of their sins.

I must mention that you lean on the false prophet Paul for your interpretations. On the other hand, Yeshua, in Matthew 13 explains the "kingdom of heaven" (Mt 13:13) with respect to it being a physical state, whereas the "tares"/"wicked" will experience the "furnace of fire", whereas they will experience "weeping and gnashing of teeth", whereas the righteous, will shine as the sun in the kingdom (Mt 13:41-43). As for the "kingdom of God" whereas David will be king, and Israel will live on the land given to Jacob (Ez 37), that is coming as we speak, less the judgment to be provided to the "nations"/Gentiles per Joel 2:31-3-8), which is in the wings, and is apparently ongoing. As for the coming of the "son of man", that will not be good for those who commit lawlessness (Mt 13:37-42), which would include the followers of the false prophet Paul, and his false gospel of grace/cross/lawlessness. As for being children of God or of the devil, John clearly states those who sin are sons of the devil (1 John 3:8-9). As for you being saved from the wages of your sins, you continue to have disease, and you will die. In what manner are you "saved" from your sins? The "salvation" of the prophets is with respect to being saved in the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32), which is escaping/surviving that day, which would be the coming "great tribulation" of Matthew 24, which "immediately" precedes the coming of the "son of man". Your traditions of men do not seem to be helping you to prepare for the coming day of the LORD. The "coming reward" of Rev 22:12, is with respect to "rendering to everyman according to what he has done". Not giving everlasting life to the followers of the "devil"/"enemy" (Rev 13).

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #19

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

I must mention that you lean on the false prophet Paul for your interpretations.

No, I lean on the scriptures as inspired by God:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #20

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:46 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

I must mention that you lean on the false prophet Paul for your interpretations.

No, I lean on the scriptures as inspired by God:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)
Timothy 3:15-16 refers to the holy writings read from "childhood", which would refer to the Old Testament, not some unwritten NT, which wasn't assembled and canonized until 367 A.D. Actually, Luther wanted to throw out at least four of those books, but didn't have the power, but your religion is built on his foundation of having the Roman church shown as a harlot of Babylon, which would make his church a daughter of that harlot.