Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What must I do to be saved?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Post #21

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:46 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm When and how are you going to be saved, if not by believing in the gospel of the cross?
Believers in Christ are presently heirs unto salvation:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Believers will receive everlasting life as inheritors under the New Testament:

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:24)

The New Testament will be probated upon the Second Coming of Christ at the resurrection:

Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him... (Isaiah 62:11)

And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me... (Revelation 22:12)

When you are born again the second time at the resurrection as a spiritual body which will live forever, only then can you truthfully claim to be a born again of the Spirit Christian! Until that time, you have not been born again, regardless of what you have been told. You have only been born once as a human. The Kingdom of God consists only of spirits. Therefore, to become members of the Kingdom of God, you must be born again as a spirit:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

Once one is born of the Spirit as a spirit, one has everlasting life, and the second death does not concern them -- thus they are saved from the wages of their sins.

To this date, no one has been saved -- we remain heirs unto salvation.
I must mention that you lean on the false prophet Paul for your interpretations.
No, I lean on the scriptures as inspired by God:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)
Timothy 3:15-16 refers to the holy writings read from "childhood", which would refer to the Old Testament, not some unwritten NT, which wasn't assembled and canonized until 367 A.D. Actually, Luther wanted to throw out at least four of those books, but didn't have the power, but your religion is built on his foundation of having the Roman church shown as a harlot of Babylon, which would make his church a daughter of that harlot.

2 Timothy 3

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

No, "holy scriptures" includes all of the scriptures, not simply the Old Testament.

And the sequential words "holy writings" appear nowhere in the scriptures.

Holy writings could include something written today. Not all "holy writings" are necessarily included within the scriptures and the scriptures do not state that all holy writings were inspired by God.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #22

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:24 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:46 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm When and how are you going to be saved, if not by believing in the gospel of the cross?
Believers in Christ are presently heirs unto salvation:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Believers will receive everlasting life as inheritors under the New Testament:

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:24)

The New Testament will be probated upon the Second Coming of Christ at the resurrection:

Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him... (Isaiah 62:11)

And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me... (Revelation 22:12)

When you are born again the second time at the resurrection as a spiritual body which will live forever, only then can you truthfully claim to be a born again of the Spirit Christian! Until that time, you have not been born again, regardless of what you have been told. You have only been born once as a human. The Kingdom of God consists only of spirits. Therefore, to become members of the Kingdom of God, you must be born again as a spirit:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

Once one is born of the Spirit as a spirit, one has everlasting life, and the second death does not concern them -- thus they are saved from the wages of their sins.

To this date, no one has been saved -- we remain heirs unto salvation.
I must mention that you lean on the false prophet Paul for your interpretations.
No, I lean on the scriptures as inspired by God:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)
Timothy 3:15-16 refers to the holy writings read from "childhood", which would refer to the Old Testament, not some unwritten NT, which wasn't assembled and canonized until 367 A.D. Actually, Luther wanted to throw out at least four of those books, but didn't have the power, but your religion is built on his foundation of having the Roman church shown as a harlot of Babylon, which would make his church a daughter of that harlot.

2 Timothy 3

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

No, "holy scriptures" includes all of the scriptures, not simply the Old Testament.

And the sequential words "holy writings" appear nowhere in the scriptures.

Holy writings could include something written today. Not all "holy writings" are necessarily included within the scriptures and the scriptures do not state that all holy writings were inspired by God.
I didn't put holy writings in quotes. The NASB reads "sacred writings". Sacred means "holy". The determination of what is "scripture" if left to you, might not be a wise route to take. The Eastern church has historically disagreed with the Western church as to what is Scripture and what is not. Luther wrote a bible, and apparently left out Hebrews, which is a basic foundation of your church. The point of 2 Timothy is that these "sacred writings" NASB were read from childhood, which gave "you" "wisdom" and "leads to salvation" NASB. Timothy never read from the NT, whether in adulthood or in youth. But you are certainly free to believe what you want to justify your position.

New American Standard Bible 2 Timothy 3:15
and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #23

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #24

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:48 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

To eventually be saved, we must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and then DO what the Father's will is (Matthew 7:21). Then, as Jesus said, "the one enduring to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

Is there one person who believes in Jesus as their Savior who will not be saved?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #25

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:15 am

Is there one person who believes in Jesus as their Savior who will not be saved?
Yes, e.g., the demons, who are spirit persons. They believe that Jesus is the Savior, but they aren't going to be saved. The same with physical persons. They can believe but not be on the narrow road to life. Only those who DO the will of the Father. (Matthew 7: 13,14,21) So any one that you see who says Jesus is the Savior but carries on with a life of debauchery is not going to be saved unless he changes his ways. I emphasize again Matthew 7:21.

I've seen a lot of them, about whom you will probably be shocked that I mention them. Billy Graham, the Pope, all the televangelists (even Joel Osteen). They all proclaim/ed that Jesus is the Savior but continue on with their brand of preaching and resist what Jesus' Father's will is. They have time to turn around. Billy Graham is dead, but he will discover after he is resurrected that Jehovah is the true God who has raised him from the dead, IF he is resurrected. We can't know for sure. He preached a lot of nonsense.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #26

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:32 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:15 am

Yes, e.g., the demons, who are spirit persons. They believe that Jesus is the Savior, but they aren't going to be saved.
Spirits aren't persons.

Person: a human being regarded as an individual.

The wages for mankind's sin is the second death. Spirits are created with immortal spiritual bodies, and have no cause for salvation.

That is how we will be saved -- by being born a second time of the Spirit. That which is born of the Spirit is a spirit.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:32 pmBilly Graham is dead, but he will discover after he is resurrected that Jehovah is the true God who has raised him from the dead, IF he is resurrected. We can't know for sure. He preached a lot of nonsense.
I'm disappointed in you. At some time in the past you claimed to have read the entire Bible several times!

Now you contradict the Bible by implying that some human will not be resurrected.

Adolf Hitler will be resurrected, why not Billy Graham?

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans after the Millennium:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:4-5)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #27

Post by kjw47 »

MissKate13 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:46 am What must I do to be saved?

Yes that is some of the things.
Obeying is another( John 15:10-14)John 8:31)Heb 5:9)---------Like this important truth from Jesus--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--Its the only way one can learn and apply Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) is to learn and obey every utterance from God to the best of ones ability.
Not only repent, but turn around as well-Acts 3:19--means stop doing the sin. Hate the sin.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #28

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Obeying is another( John 15:10-14)John 8:31)Heb 5:9)---------Like this important truth from Jesus--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--Its the only way one can learn and apply Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) is to learn and obey every utterance from God to the best of ones ability.
Not only repent, but turn around as well-Acts 3:19--means stop doing the sin. Hate the sin.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #29

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 pm

Many-Matt 7:21-23--They work iniquity( practice a sin)--Jesus showed there, no matter what one thinks they do for Jesus because they think they love him and believe in him, they will hear those words as judgement.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #30

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:44 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 pm

Many-Matt 7:21-23--They work iniquity( practice a sin)--Jesus showed there, no matter what one thinks they do for Jesus because they think they love him and believe in him, they will hear those words as judgement.
Matthew 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved!

This is not necessarily all those who say they believe in Him. People who falsely claim to believe in Jesus are called hypocrites. In Matthew 7:21, those calling Jesus Lord, Lord who will not enter the kingdom of heaven are the hypocrites who do not really believe in Jesus.

There are reasons why people falsely claim to be Christians.