Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What must I do to be saved?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:34 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:11 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:37 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm
The only ones who actually-BELIEVE= the ones who obey him.
Does any human being obey Him completely?
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm The rest are kidding themselves. The worst words one can ever hear is---YOU ARE SAVED--only blind guides say it. Then all those believe it and do little of what Jesus teaches. Jesus is clear at John 15:10-14= To remain in his love and be his friend one must obey him)= everything he teaches to the best of ones ability.
Now you've changed it to obeying Him to the best of our abilities.

The scriptures simply use the word "believeth in Him" to gain everlasting life.

Jesus doesn't say they are hipocrites-He says they work iniquity( practice a sin)--Only those that believe in Jesus do powerful works in his name and the such. However there are 4 different Jesus' being taught on earth.

Matt 7:21-23--these all believe-Yet the ones who work iniquity( practice a sin) will hear those words as judgement.

Whosoever believeth in Jesus will have everlasting life in the Kingdom of heaven:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; (Matthew 7:21)

If not everyone who saith unto Jesus, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven; then some who saith unto Him, Lord, Lord, do not believe in Jesus!

They claim that they do, but they are hypocrites. A hypocrite is someone pretending to be something that he or she is not in order to receive recognition or gain.
Now you are saying that you absolutely know what people are really thinking. That some people who call on the Lord Jesus do not really believe in him! I have said to you that the demons believe and yet they shudder. Are you saying that the demons don't really believe? The Bible says that they do.
And there are people who believe but don't care, like many of the Pharisees whom Jesus said were liable for Gehenna. (Matthew 33:23) They saw his works and knew that he was from God, yet they accused him of working for the Devil. They did not want to lose their places in the scheme of things at that time. So they decided to kill him and get him out of the way, knowing that he was from God.

"Consequently the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the Sanhedrin together and began to say: 'What are we to do, because this man performs many signs? If we let him alone this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation'." (John 11:47,48)

"Then the chief priests and the older men of the people gathered together in the courtyard of the high priest who was called Caiaphas, and took counsel together to seize Jesus by crafty device and kill him." (Matthew 26:3,4)

So even though they saw the works he did with his Father's power and authority, they wanted him dead. They believed but were not saved. Just like the Devil, who Jesus called their father. (John 8:44)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #42

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:18 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm The rest are kidding themselves. The worst words one can ever hear is---YOU ARE SAVED--only blind guides say it. Then all those believe it and do little of what Jesus teaches. Jesus is clear at John 15:10-14= To remain in his love and be his friend one must obey him)= everything he teaches to the best of ones ability.

Jesus doesn't say they are hipocrites-He says they work iniquity( practice a sin)--Only those that believe in Jesus do powerful works in his name and the such. However there are 4 different Jesus' being taught on earth.

Matt 7:21-23--these all believe-Yet the ones who work iniquity( practice a sin) will hear those words as judgement.

Whosoever believeth in Jesus will have everlasting life in the Kingdom of heaven:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; (Matthew 7:21)

If not everyone who saith unto Jesus, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven; then some who saith unto Him, Lord, Lord, do not believe in Jesus!

They claim that they do, but they are hypocrites. A hypocrite is someone pretending to be something that he or she is not in order to receive recognition or gain.
Now you are saying that you absolutely know what people are really thinking. That some people who call on the Lord Jesus do not really believe in him! I have said to you that the demons believe and yet they shudder. Are you saying that the demons don't really believe? The Bible says that they do.
And there are people who believe but don't care, like many of the Pharisees whom Jesus said were liable for Gehenna. (Matthew 33:23) They saw his works and knew that he was from God, yet they accused him of working for the Devil. They did not want to lose their places in the scheme of things at that time. So they decided to kill him and get him out of the way, knowing that he was from God.

"Consequently the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the Sanhedrin together and began to say: 'What are we to do, because this man performs many signs? If we let him alone this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation'." (John 11:47,48)

"Then the chief priests and the older men of the people gathered together in the courtyard of the high priest who was called Caiaphas, and took counsel together to seize Jesus by crafty device and kill him." (Matthew 26:3,4)

So even though they saw the works he did with his Father's power and authority, they wanted him dead. They believed but were not saved. Just like the Devil, who Jesus called their father. (John 8:44)
The demons already have everlasting life, whether they believe in Jesus or not.

All humans who believe in Jesus as their Savior will inherit everlasting life:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #43

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:12 pm

But:

All humans who believe in Jesus as their Savior will inherit everlasting life:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

The lake of fire= eternal destruction.
Jesus showed you at Matt 7:21-23 that you are twisting belief in him as a guarantee to eternal life. If one believes in Jesus they obey everything he teaches because they trust everything he taught is truth. No pick and choose. He meant every word he said. So believing is a part of things that make up a whole truth.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #44

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:51 pm
Jesus showed you at Matt 7:21-23 that you are twisting belief in him as a guarantee to eternal life. If one believes in Jesus they obey everything he teaches because they trust everything he taught is truth. No pick and choose. He meant every word he said. So believing is a part of things that make up a whole truth.
That's nonsense! Do you know anyone who obeys everything Jesus teaches?

Those who believe in Jesus as their Savior will have everlasting life:

Not all who say they believe in Jesus will be saved. Only those who believe in Jesus will be saved!

John 3:16 does not state that "whosoever believeth in Him and obeys everything He teaches" will have everlasting life!

The only requirement is believing in Christ. That's the whole truth.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #45

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:20 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:51 pm
That's nonsense! Do you know anyone who obeys everything Jesus teaches?

Those who believe in Jesus as their Savior will have everlasting life:

Not all who say they believe in Jesus will be saved. Only those who believe in Jesus will be saved!

John 3:16 does not state that "whosoever believeth in Him and obeys everything He teaches" will have everlasting life!

The only requirement is believing in Christ. That's the whole truth.

Jesus teaches John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ---Do you know the Father as the only true God?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #46

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 asked: What must I do to be saved?

The keeper of the prison holding Paul and Silas asked them the same question:

. . . Sirs, what must I do to be saved? (Acts 16:30)

Their answer was:

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, . . . (Acts 16:31)

Jesus Christ stated likewise:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

So the answer to kjw47's question is that one must believe in Jesus as their Savior to be saved.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #47

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:53 pm

kjw47 asked: What must I do to be saved?

The keeper of the prison holding Paul and Silas asked them the same question:

. . . Sirs, what must I do to be saved? (Acts 16:30)

Their answer was:

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, . . . (Acts 16:31)

Jesus Christ stated likewise:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

So the answer to kjw47's question is that one must believe in Jesus as their Savior to be saved.

I didn't ask that. Miss Kate started the thread.
You best tell Jesus he is wrong because these believe-Matt 7:21-23--But the reality is-you are wrong and shared a partial teaching that makes up a whole truth. Because obeying is a big part of belief. So is repenting and turning around.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #48

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:12 pm

But:

So you are saying that "death" doesn't mean someone is dead. The scriptures say that the result of sin is DEATH. You are saying that LIFE is given to the demons forever. How can "death" mean "life"?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #49

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 am
So you are saying that "death" doesn't mean someone is dead. The scriptures say that the result of sin is DEATH. You are saying that LIFE is given to the demons forever. How can "death" mean "life"?
There are two type of bodies, natural and spiritual:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

Natural bodies can die, while spiritual bodies cannot.

What type of bodies do the demons have?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #50

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:02 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 am
There are two type of bodies, natural and spiritual:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

Natural bodies can die, while spiritual bodies cannot.

What type of bodies do the demons have?
Spiritual bodies CAN die. You are saying that the demons are immortal. The only one who was counted as immortal in Paul's day was JESUS. Therefore spirit bodies are not immortal because they were not created that way. When Jesus was deemed immortal, they were not, at that same time.

The King of kings and Lord of lords (Jesus) "the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see. To him be the honor and might everlasting." (I Timothy 6:16)

God didn't change his mind about the demons. He didn't suddenly confer upon them the privilege of living forever. They are destined to DIE. That is what the symbolic lake of fire and Gehenna mean---eternal DEATH.