Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Genesis 19: Sodom and Gomorrah?

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Genesis 19: Sodom and Gomorrah

"19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. 6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

Could this ever have happened?
Of course it could.

'Reno and Las Vegas'

Care to take a look?

In the middle of a 'religious 'country, the Biblical Sodom and Gomorrah, have been rebuilt,...bring protection. I have been in both these places. Apparently not all chicken ranches serve chicken???

Question - Is Biblical morality redundant in Nevada.?

(Will God send two more Angels? Good luck getting volunteers!)
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Genesis 19: Sodom and Gomorrah?

Post #2

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

This guy should be in the Bible, imho.

Dennis Hof, the owner of several legal brothels in rural Nevada, died at his Love Ranch, in Crystal, on October 16th, just three weeks shy of Election Night in his campaign, as a Republican, for State Assembly in Nevada’s Thirty-sixth District, a race that he is still favored to win.

He did win!

Looking into Nevada corruption could get you bumped up like Gods Angels. They have a strange attitude towards non paying guests. ...MGM, Vanguard,BlackRock, ..show me the money. There are excellent research articles online regarding the sophistication of the sex industry around these landmarks. Exploitation, illegality, greed, political collusion, religious oversight, etc, etc, truly on a Biblical scale.
Thanks

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #3

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Reno & Las Vegas - Sodom & Gomorrah

The human logic used is the same.
These Biblical stories are brand new.
The Bible extractions retain their relevancy today.
The Bible is a book of real worth.

Anyone up to answering the OP question?

Thanks

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #4

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:11 am Hello

Reno & Las Vegas - Sodom & Gomorrah

The human logic used is the same.
These Biblical stories are brand new.
The Bible extractions retain their relevancy today.
The Bible is a book of real worth.

Anyone up to answering the OP question?

Thanks
Since you insist. Though frankly Genesis is totally without factual merit and hardly deserves attention other than as ancient mythology.

Really, no, it could not have happened, though I daresay that with suitable editing rationalisation and reinventing, something might be made of it.

As to supposed modern equivalents (there have always been such) I'll leave that to wild -eyed placard-bearers warning of the scarlet harlots of Babylon and the wrath to come, probably in the form of red hot showers of nickel meteorites.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #5

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - " I'll leave that to wild -eyed placard-bearers warning of the scarlet harlots of Babylon and the wrath to come, probably in the form of red hot showers of nickel meteorites."

--------

That's a lot of huff and puff, to say nothing,T.

Do you believe in social morality?

Is the State of Nevada a legitimate moral entity?

Try and answer a basic question, for once.

Thanks

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #6

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:26 am Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - "

That's a lot of huff and puff, to say nothing,T.

Do you believe in social morality?

Is the State of Nevada a legitimate moral entity?

Try and answer a basic question, for once.

Thanks
It was a lot (well...not too much) huff and puf to say nothing becasue it was hardly worth talking about.

Genesis is a made up tale and discussing how possible it might be is pointless.

And I really don't care to get dragged into a moral discussion about the present world. Except to say that it should be addressed as a social issue and has no place in a religious discussion forum.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #7

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - "And I really don't care to get dragged into a moral discussion about the present world. Except to say that it should be addressed as a social issue and has no place in a religious discussion forum."
-----

What a Joke!
What are you here for?
Where is your legitimacy to speak about anything on this religious discussion forum, as you call it.

You do not like discussing modern moral issues on this site but you come up with this insight today,
TRANSPONDER - "The only one that is secularist (China) seems to be doing its' best to stay out of an actual war."

The actual truth is that you tip-toe around this place, pick whatever vocabulary path suits the moment, while desperately trying to remain profound and unsullied.

Did you not see the heading, in your first Google search. Did you not expect morality?
Did you not expect the modern world?

Were you just expecting, 'batting practice'?

Thanks

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #8

Post by TRANSPONDER »

:D I pick my battles. I will discuss morality in the context of religious debate. I recognise that we do not have a perfect morality. I do not get into politicking about examples of societies here or there that is an example of not being perfect. That is my choice and you do not get to tell me what I should or should not choose to discuss.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #9

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - " I pick my battles. I will discuss morality in the context of religious debate"

As I suspected, T, you are here for ' batting practice ', only.....what a liberation that must be!....what a light-weight engagement!

You got one thing correct in all this, T. You are perfectly entitled to adopt whatever stance you prefer. Your over-use of this 'entitlement', will lead to total irrelevancy. Do not worry about viewing figures as they will have little correlation to your submissions.

I state this as a person who has enjoyed our many encounters, but I would sooner engage with, JehovahsWitness or even Mae von H, regarding any old absurdity that they deem valid. At least I feel that they will stand with toe to the line, on their point.
You,on the other hand , just want to hit slowballs to the boundary, all day. You are an anti-theist, a one trick pony, happy with your own dexterity.
Thanks

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #10

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:57 am Hello TRANSPONDER

You say - " I pick my battles. I will discuss morality in the context of religious debate"

As I suspected, T, you are here for ' batting practice ', only.....what a liberation that must be!....what a light-weight engagement!

You got one thing correct in all this, T. You are perfectly entitled to adopt whatever stance you prefer. Your over-use of this 'entitlement', will lead to total irrelevancy. Do not worry about viewing figures as they will have little correlation to your submissions.

I state this as a person who has enjoyed our many encounters, but I would sooner engage with, JehovahsWitness or even Mae von H, regarding any old absurdity that they deem valid. At least I feel that they will stand with toe to the line, on their point.
You,on the other hand , just want to hit slowballs to the boundary, all day. You are an anti-theist, a one trick pony, happy with your own dexterity.
Thanks
You will do yourself no favours by swatting at me because I will not be distracted with irrelevant matters that it pleases you to discuss. Take them to JW or Mae who will no doubt be happy to join in your parcell - passing activities. I prefer to address relevant matters. As you will find when when you address them yourself.