Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

The Truth is here...

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram...

Did Jesus explain anything? What are you seeking...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Re: The Truth is here...

Post #2

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:43 am Namaskaram...

Did Jesus explain anything? What are you seeking...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Fun story. Have you though about inventing a religion around it? Perhaps have a god concept or more than one that you can claim supplied this story and if you can convince enough humans to believe it, you might be able to extract some money from them in order to further the message.

You should also probably consider a threat to level at any humans that don't believe your god inspired story (claimed, but who cares at this point). Consider some horrible torture and perhaps even claim that your god concepts created it to be eternal. That will probably work great on children!

How to start a religion
https://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Religion

Good luck, perhaps we'll see you on TV someday!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #2]

Namaskaram...

Maybe God is laughing too? Eternal hell? Where did that come from? Not from this book...

Lighten up...

I do not need your money...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #4

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #2]

Namaskaram...

Maybe God is laughing too? Eternal hell? Where did that come from? Not from this book...

Lighten up...

I do not need your money...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Sorry, I didn't take the time to watch anymore of your videos. I still think you had a great idea for a new religion though. Go get em!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #4]

Namaskaram...

Let your light shine...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #6

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:28 am [Replying to Clownboat in post #4]

Namaskaram...

Let your light shine...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
I didn't watch the video, but that is a great idea! Pretending that humans can know the future will bolster the claims you make for your new religion. Good thinking!

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #6]

Namaskaram...

Do you not know the future...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #8

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:43 am Do you not know the future...
As in predict the future? No, I can make guesses, but not predict the future.

Will predicting the future be a part of your religion? Will you claim that you can teach others to do this? I would be careful if you are considering that. IMO, I think it would be best if you just claimed that your figureheads can predict the future, but not at their whim, but at the whim of your God or Gods.

How many Gods do you plan to propose?

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #9

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #8]

Namaskaram...

Do you not understand the future and how many Gods there are...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #10

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:40 pm Do you not understand the future and how many Gods there are...
I understand what 'the future' is, yes.
How many god concepts do you plan to propose for your religion?