Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?

If so then guess what - Jesus is God.

The Lord of the Old Testament Is Designated Savior
Isa. 49:26 - “All flesh shall know that I the lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
Isa. 43:3 - “For I am the lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.”
2 Sam. 22:3 - “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.”
Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
Isa. 45:21 - “There is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”
Isa. 45:15 - “Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.”
Hos. 13:4 - “Yet I am the lord thy God; . . . thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.”
Ps. 106:21 - “They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt.”

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”

According to the Bible there is no saviour other than God.

Is Jesus your saviour or not?

Anyone going to rebut this?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #21

Post by onewithhim »

1213 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”
I forgot in my yesterday post that there is also interesting difference between translations. For example in this Luke chapter, the word "savior" can be translated "saviour", "deliverer", "preserver". I think "preserver" or "deliverer" would be a better word, because Jesus was sent to deliver (liberate) us from the judgment and he also preserves.

For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

By what I have understood, savior is one who saves from calamity and protects. And deliverer is one who delivers.

It is interesting that in Finnish translation it is said, Jesus is reliever, deliverer, or liberator, not saviour, and God is saviour.
I like where you said that God saves through Jesus. That is why both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ can be said to be Saviors. God gives the commands and Jesus follows them.

Wootah
Savant

Post #22

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?
I forgot in my yesterday post that there is also interesting difference between translations. For example in this Luke chapter, the word "savior" can be translated "saviour", "deliverer", "preserver". I think "preserver" or "deliverer" would be a better word, because Jesus was sent to deliver (liberate) us from the judgment and he also preserves.

For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

By what I have understood, savior is one who saves from calamity and protects. And deliverer is one who delivers.

It is interesting that in Finnish translation it is said, Jesus is reliever, deliverer, or liberator, not saviour, and God is saviour.
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/jesus ... -mean.html
https://stuff.mit.edu/people/rei/spir-jesusname.html

Jesus literally means YHWH saves. Who saves? YHWH saves. But Jesus seems very keen on a title that belongs to YHWH alone. But unto us a savior was born. But only God can be the saviour.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Savant

Post #23

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:27 am ...
Jesus literally means YHWH saves. Who saves? YHWH saves. But Jesus seems very keen on a title that belongs to YHWH alone. But unto us a savior was born. But only God can be the saviour.
One of my names can be translated YHWH is merciful. Does it mean I am the God? I don't think so. And I don't think the name YHWH saves, means Jesus is the God. I think it would be best to remain in the meanings the Bible gives. And in the case of Jesus, I think better translation for the word saviour would be redeemer, or deliverer, because Jesus came to redeem people for God, or deliver us from death to life.

Wootah
Savant

Post #24

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:19 am
One of my names can be translated YHWH is merciful. Does it mean I am the God? I don't think so. And I don't think the name YHWH saves, means Jesus is the God. I think it would be best to remain in the meanings the Bible gives. And in the case of Jesus, I think better translation for the word saviour would be redeemer, or deliverer, because Jesus came to redeem people for God, or deliver us from death to life.
You think better than the hebrew?

Joshua = Yahshua = Yah + shuah. Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means "to save, save alive, rescue."

Savant

Post #25

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 am

Joshua = Yahshua = Yah + shuah. Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means "to save, save alive, rescue."
Does this mean that the OT Joshua is also the God?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua

onewithhim
Savant

Post #26

Post by onewithhim »

1213 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:46 am

I think that is what he has been saying, if I'm not mistaken.

That Jesus and God are two different individuals is so clear from many texts throughout the Bible. These texts have been pointed out, but some folks don't want to see.

Jehovah calls the shots and Jesus does whatever his Father says to do. (John 5:19) They could both be called "Savior" because of that fact. And BOTH names are to be called on for salvation.

Wootah
Savant

Post #27

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 pm
1213 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:46 am

I think that is what he has been saying, if I'm not mistaken.

That Jesus and God are two different individuals is so clear from many texts throughout the Bible. These texts have been pointed out, but some folks don't want to see.

Jehovah calls the shots and Jesus does whatever his Father says to do. (John 5:19) They could both be called "Savior" because of that fact. And BOTH names are to be called on for salvation.
What did Joshua do that saves you from hell?

Clearly their names point to YHWH saving. Clearly the texts at the start say that only YHWH saves and no one else. But now in Jesus you have the Bible calling Jesus the saviour.

So either that is a lie because only YHWH saves and so if Jesus is claiming to save them he is a liar.

Or ... or ... it is not a lie and Jesus saves because he is YHWH.

Rather than avoiding the original post your job is to reconcile the texts.
Are you looking to Jesus as Saviour or to YHWH? If you only look to YHWH then for you the text has an imposter called Jesus claiming to save.
Are you looking to Jesus as Saviour or to YHWH? If you only look to YHWH then for you the text has an imposter called Jesus claiming to save.

You can repeat that question for all the NT verses.
Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
There is no other saviour than YHWH. So all those NT verse are scandalous lies that you should reject OR beautiful truths that you should accept.

Now do you understand?

Savant

Post #28

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm ....But now in Jesus you have the Bible calling Jesus the saviour.

So either that is a lie because only YHWH saves and so if Jesus is claiming to save them he is a liar.

Or, God saves through Jesus.

But, is Jesus claiming he is going to save? Please give the scripture where Jesus says so.
Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pmRather than avoiding the original post your job is to reconcile the texts.
The word "saviour" can be translated saviour, deliverer, or preserver. Could it be that in this case it should be translated deliver, rather than saviour?

Wootah
Savant

Post #29

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:34 am
Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm ....But now in Jesus you have the Bible calling Jesus the saviour.

Or, God saves through Jesus.

But, is Jesus claiming he is going to save? Please give the scripture where Jesus says so.
Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pmRather than avoiding the original post your job is to reconcile the texts.
The word "saviour" can be translated saviour, deliverer, or preserver. Could it be that in this case it should be translated deliver, rather than saviour?
There is no difference between deliverer or saviour.

Here is a post covering all the verses where Jesus claimed to be your saviour: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/davearmst ... avior.html

Revelations won
Sage

Post #30

Post by Revelations won »

Jesus is Lord, God and Savior

I have to admit that Wootah is right on target in stating that Jehovah and Christ are one and the same.

You JW’s scramble to many different translations to to expand and justify your “private interpretations” of scripture. Your so called scholars have set forth a “man made” agenda to claim that Jehovah is God the father. God the Father did not create the earth. This earth was created by his first born son “Jehovah who is Jesus Christ” Christ is also known as Alpha and Omega,the first and the last. He is also known as our savior and redeemer, he is also known as the only name under heaven whereby man may be saved, he is known as King of kings and Lord of lords,

You exert great effort and seek to deny the Messiah and deny his divinity.

You JW’s clearly do not have “the testimony of Jesus”, for as the scriptures clearly testify the “testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy” (which is revelation). You deny and reject all latter day revelation and thereby by your own man made creeds have deprived yourselves of “the testimony of Jesus”.

There is only one name under heaven whereby man may be saved.
But you JW,s by your man made interpretation of scripture deny the Bible by somehow claiming the existence of not one, but 2 separate saviors.

The mission of the Holy Ghost is that of a revelator, which you utterly deny and therefore establish your own man made “private interpretations” of scripture which is a poor substitute.

Since you deny the divinity of Christ , you therefore try to establish your doctrine that a mere mortal can atone for others sins, can overcome death and provided a glorious resurrection which provides a immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones just like this own resurrected body of flesh and bones as he so testified. I also so note that you deny the scriptures by so claiming that Christ did not have a resurrected body of “flesh and bone”. Christ clearly testified that he indeed had a resurrected body of “flesh and bone”.

I therefore ask, should one believe your false man made interpretation of the Bible or Christ,s own testimony and witness?

Christ received all that the Father hath and yet you claim him to be a mere mortal?

Christ is given all judgement in heaven and earth and yet you claim him to be a mere mortal?

Christ has the power to atone and pay for the sins of all mankind and yet you claim that he is a mere moral?

Christ is KING of kings and LORD of lords and yet you claim him to be a mere mortal?

Christ is our older brother and is the first spirit born son of God as we are all spirit born offspring of God our Heavenly father.

Christ rules in heaven and earth and has an eternal or everlasting kingdom, and yet you claim that he is a mere mortal?

We believe in God the Eternal Father and in his Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. Do you do the same?