Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

O MY FATHER!

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

O My Father

O my Father, thou that dwellest In the high and glorious -place,

When shall I regain thy presence and again behold thy face?

In thy holy habitation, Did my spirit once reside?

In my first primeval childhood, was I nurtured near thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose Thou hast placed me here on earth

And with held the recollection Of my former friends and birth:

Yet off times a secret something Whispered , “You’re a stranger here”,

And I felt that I had wandered From a more exalted sphere.

I had learned to call theeFather, Thru thy Spirit. From on high,

But until the key of knowledge was restored I knew not why.

In the heav’ns are parents single?

No the thought makes reason stare!

Truth is reason; truth eternal Tells me I’ve a mother there.

When I leave this frail existence , When I lay this mortal by

Father, Mother, may I meet youIn your royal courts on high?

Then at length, when I have completed All you sent me forth to do,

With your mutual approbation Let me come and dwell with you.

The above beautiful poem unveils a mystery of god to the mortal understanding. It teaches mighty eternal truths. Indeed God is the father of all his children that have lived, now live or will yet live to exercise their God given agency to be tried and tested and by following christ “also overcome the world” and become “partakers of the divine nature” and to also to “become heirs and joint heirs with Christ to also receive all that the Father hath”

On this Easter Sunday let us all cherish and rejoice in the mighty atonement and resurrection provided by Jesus Christ as our great exemplar! He has provided the way that we in our resurrection will also receive a permanent resurrection or reuniting of our spirit body with a permanent body of flesh and bone as Christ has received.

God bless you all with the deep understanding of eternal things as promised by the Holy Ghost.

Revelations won
Sage

Re: O MY FATHER!

Post #11

Dear Onewithhim,

You have responded to the OP with “10 off topic rants” which do not
Pertain to the OP topic.

I will respond to your post #10:

You said:

myth-one.com wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 am

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

“onewithhim wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:27 am

I know that the Devil has control of the earth today. (IJohn 5:19) But your saying that he was working for God is senseless. Why on earth would Jehovah give the Devil an assignment for anything?

My response to the above:

You JW’s some how allege that the devil has control of the earth today???

My clear position is That Jesus Christ created the earth and is sovereign over all his creations without question.

I did not say that the Devil is working for God. Lucifer was cast out of heaven for rebellion against God’s plan of salvation for his children.

Lucifer and all those who followed him were cast out of Heaven and were sent down to this earth by God. God the Father who has all power and authority could have cast Lucifer and those who followed him any one of countless other planets so they would not be a problem on this earth.

So I might ask why would an all powerful and all wise God send Lucifer and all his rebellious spirits to this earth which would create such a problem of opposition?

Satan does not have any authority to rule over this earth given to him by God. That is simply a self assumed power and authority claimed by the devil.

God has in his wisdom allowed the devil the agency to tempt man, but he does not have power over any man, unless man by his agency so allowed it.

We are sent here to this earth as part of our eternal progression. We are while in morality allowed to be tested and learn to overcome the world as our exemplar Jesus Christ did. The God given power of agency is an eternal principle. With this agency we are endowed with the power to act and not be acted upon.

There must needs be an opposition in all things in order for us to achieve our greatest potential.

You said:

Who am I to question God?

The devil tempted Jesus by offering Him power over the earth which had been given to him.

My response:

He wanted the divine power that Christ had, but was denied such when Christ exercised his power of agency and chose not to surrender his power to the Devil. (It must be so remembered that Christ had the divine power over death and hell)

Satan by deception was hoping to obtain the Lord’s power, but utterly filed to do so.

The devil had no power over all the earth given him by God.

You said:

Who gave the devil power over the earth?

Probably God. Power over the earth was freely given, not taken by force.

My response :

Your above statement regarding the Devils authority over the earth is a private interpretation not supported by scripture.

You said:

And notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased. Jesus' immediate response was:

My response:

I respectfully disagree with your claim that God gave the devil authority over the earth.

If he had given him authority as you assert, then there would be no need whatsoever for the devil to seek Christ’s power.

Christ created the earth and as such had complete sovereign authority over his creations.

Christ did not need to question the devils power, for any power the Devil claimed to have was a false claim to power.

You said:

Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)
Jehovah let Satan have control over the earth AFTER he challenged Him to see who could rule over the earth the best. (Genesis 3:1-5; Job 1:9-12; 2:4-6) Not BEFORE. Where does it say that Satan was given the earth to control BEFORE Adam? That is what you have claimed.

My response:

Can you quote the topic and post number wherein you claim that I made such a claim? Please produce the article.

In conclusion may I suggest that you take your off topic rants elsewhere and confine your responses to the OP topic.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #12

I quote the first 2 lines of the OP Post Poem

O my Father, thou that dwellest In the high and glorious -place,

When shall I regain thy presence and again behold thy face?

Can anyone show that this is not in harmony with scripture?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am Dear Onewithhim,

You have responded to the OP with “10 off topic rants” which do not
Pertain to the OP topic.

I will respond to your post #10:

You said:

myth-one.com wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 am

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

“onewithhim wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:27 am

I know that the Devil has control of the earth today. (IJohn 5:19) But your saying that he was working for God is senseless. Why on earth would Jehovah give the Devil an assignment for anything?

My response to the above:

You JW’s some how allege that the devil has control of the earth today???

The allegation comes from the Bible, not Jehovah's Witnesses. I John 5:19