Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

O MY FATHER!

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

O My Father

O my Father, thou that dwellest In the high and glorious -place,

When shall I regain thy presence and again behold thy face?

In thy holy habitation, Did my spirit once reside?

In my first primeval childhood, was I nurtured near thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose Thou hast placed me here on earth

And with held the recollection Of my former friends and birth:

Yet off times a secret something Whispered , “You’re a stranger here”,

And I felt that I had wandered From a more exalted sphere.

I had learned to call theeFather, Thru thy Spirit. From on high,

But until the key of knowledge was restored I knew not why.

In the heav’ns are parents single?

No the thought makes reason stare!

Truth is reason; truth eternal Tells me I’ve a mother there.

When I leave this frail existence , When I lay this mortal by

Father, Mother, may I meet youIn your royal courts on high?

Then at length, when I have completed All you sent me forth to do,

With your mutual approbation Let me come and dwell with you.

The above beautiful poem unveils a mystery of god to the mortal understanding. It teaches mighty eternal truths. Indeed God is the father of all his children that have lived, now live or will yet live to exercise their God given agency to be tried and tested and by following christ “also overcome the world” and become “partakers of the divine nature” and to also to “become heirs and joint heirs with Christ to also receive all that the Father hath”

On this Easter Sunday let us all cherish and rejoice in the mighty atonement and resurrection provided by Jesus Christ as our great exemplar! He has provided the way that we in our resurrection will also receive a permanent resurrection or reuniting of our spirit body with a permanent body of flesh and bone as Christ has received.

God bless you all with the deep understanding of eternal things as promised by the Holy Ghost.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: O MY FATHER!

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #1]

Most of us will not have a spirit body but will retain our physical bodies and live on the earth forever in Paradise conditions. Jesus was raised "in the spirit," (I Peter 3:18, Revised Standard Version) and that is what his co-rulers will be raised in. No "flesh and bone" will be living in heaven. Only spirit bodies will be able to live in heaven, including Jesus. Most people now are awaiting the end of this old system to go into a cleaned up paradise. (See Isaiah 11:6-9.)

"Depart from evil and do good; and dwell forever more. For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved forever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell therein forever." (Psalm 37:27-29, KJV)

"Evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." (Psalm 37:9, KJV)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #3

Post by myth-one.com »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:57 pm
On this Easter Sunday let us all cherish and rejoice in the mighty atonement and resurrection provided by Jesus Christ as our great exemplar! He has provided the way that we in our resurrection will also receive a permanent resurrection or reuniting of our spirit body with a permanent body of flesh and bone as Christ has received.

God bless you all with the deep understanding of eternal things as promised by the Holy Ghost.

Regarding the "reuniting of our spirit body with a permanent body of flesh and bone":

Only two body types are described in the Bible, natural or terrestrial and spiritual or celestial:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. (I Corinthians 15:40)

Celestial means heavenly or spiritual and terrestrial means natural, earthly, or physical. There are only two body types, celestial and terrestrial, and they are different. The glory of the celestial is one and the glory of the terrestrial is another. In other words, they do not mix.

There is no hybrid being consisting of a spirit or soul living within a physical body! Man is a terrestrial body, and angels are spiritual bodies.

Nonetheless, this remains a common belief in many Christian religious denominations. Is this belief in man's immortality supported in the scriptures? It most certainly is:

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Genesis 3:4)

Satan lied when he informed Eve that she would live forever, "Ye shall not surely die." Mainstream Christian theologians have generally incorporated the lie into their theologies for nearly two thousand years by preaching that man is an immortal soul living within a physical body. This is the first myth, or myth one!

<=======================================>

The God inspired scriptures state that the natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last, if at all:

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (I Corinthians 15:46)

They are different and are never merged together at any time in the scriptures! All men are born as natural or physical flesh and blood bodies, and those who believe in Jesus will be born again as spiritual bodies upon the return of Jesus!

The mortal physical body comes first and will be changed to an everlasting spiritual body for those believing in Jesus as their Savior.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #4

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:24 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:57 pm

Regarding the "reuniting of our spirit body with a permanent body of flesh and bone":

Only two body types are described in the Bible, natural or terrestrial and spiritual or celestial:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. (I Corinthians 15:40)

Celestial means heavenly or spiritual and terrestrial means natural, earthly, or physical. There are only two body types, celestial and terrestrial, and they are different. The glory of the celestial is one and the glory of the terrestrial is another. In other words, they do not mix.

There is no hybrid being consisting of a spirit or soul living within a physical body! Man is a terrestrial body, and angels are spiritual bodies.

Nonetheless, this remains a common belief in many Christian religious denominations. Is this belief in man's immortality supported in the scriptures? It most certainly is:

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Genesis 3:4)

Satan lied when he informed Eve that she would live forever, "Ye shall not surely die." Mainstream Christian theologians have generally incorporated the lie into their theologies for nearly two thousand years by preaching that man is an immortal soul living within a physical body. This is the first myth, or myth one!

<=======================================>

The God inspired scriptures state that the natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last, if at all:

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (I Corinthians 15:46)

They are different and are never merged together at any time in the scriptures! All men are born as natural or physical flesh and blood bodies, and those who believe in Jesus will be born again as spiritual bodies upon the return of Jesus!

The mortal physical body comes first and will be changed to an everlasting spiritual body for those believing in Jesus as their Savior.
Yes the mortal physical body comes first and then upon death those anointed co-rulers with Christ will change to aa spirit body. Those that are not anointed will remain on the earth in paradise conditions and enjoy life here forever, in physical bodies.

It is clear that people will regain perfect life (which Adam had) and enjoy great improvements in their souls (a "soul" being the entire individual, inside and out; even animals are souls.) Job gave us a foregleam of what it will be like to have a physical body here on Earth:

After resurrection: "Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25) Sounds pretty physical to me. Not everyone will attain to spiritual immortality. Most people will be reigned over by Jesus and his co-rulers in the heavens, and enjoy endless life here forever.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #5

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:58 pm
Those that are not anointed will remain on the earth in paradise conditions and enjoy life here forever, in physical bodies.
And the wages of sin is still death. And death still applies to your mythical everlasting physical bodies.

When those physical humans living on the earth sin, they will be scheduled to die again and again because they can still die. Death terminates a physical life.

The only way to avoid the wages of sin it to become immune from sin by becoming immortal.

And the only immortal body is a spiritual body.

Thus, the only way to avoid the wages of sin is to become a spiritual body which death does not apply to.

And the only way to become a spirit is to be born of the Spirit, as that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

Have you studied the scriptures?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:59 pm
Those that are not anointed will remain on the earth in paradise conditions and enjoy life here forever, in physical bodies.
And the wages of sin is still death. And death still applies to your mythical everlasting physical bodies.

When those physical humans living on the earth sin, they will be scheduled to die again and again because they can still die. Death terminates a physical life.

The only way to avoid the wages of sin it to become immune from sin by becoming immortal.

Thus, the only way to avoid the wages of sin is to become a spiritual body which death does not apply to.

And the only way to become a spirit is to be born of the Spirit, as that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

It is true that only those that Jesus chose to be with him in heaven are immortal. Those on Earth will be able to live forever though not immortal. Immortal persons can't lose their position in God's Kingdom. They are alive forever. To live forever is what physical humans can do, as long as they remain faithful. I wonder if YOU have studied the Scriptures. You have denied that God created Adam as a physical man and that he was given the earth to take care of. You say that God gave spirits the privilege of taking care of the earth, not Adam and his progeny who have all been physical people. You have added to the Scriptures. I guess you don't even realize what you are doing.

I have studied the Scriptures. I have presented many of them here on this forum which you ignore.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #7

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:17 pm

It is true that only those that Jesus chose to be with him in heaven are immortal. Those on Earth will be able to live forever though not immortal. Immortal persons can't lose their position in God's Kingdom. They are alive forever. To live forever is what physical humans can do, as long as they remain faithful. I wonder if YOU have studied the Scriptures. You have denied that God created Adam as a physical man and that he was given the earth to take care of. You say that God gave spirits the privilege of taking care of the earth, not Adam and his progeny who have all been physical people. You have added to the Scriptures. I guess you don't even realize what you are doing.

I have studied the Scriptures. I have presented many of them here on this forum which you ignore.

I have never denied that Adam was a man and was assigned to take care of the earth. But he was not the first being assigned to care for the earth. The first beings given control over the earth were the devil and angels under his control. The devil still has power over the earth today:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:00 am
onewithhim wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:17 pm

I have never denied that Adam was a man and was assigned to take care of the earth. But he was not the first being assigned to care for the earth. The first beings given control over the earth were the devil and angels under his control. The devil still has power over the earth today:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
I know that the Devil has control of the earth today. (IJohn 5:19) But your saying that he was working for God is senseless. Why on earth would Jehovah give the Devil an assignment for anything?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #9

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:27 am
I know that the Devil has control of the earth today. (IJohn 5:19) But your saying that he was working for God is senseless. Why on earth would Jehovah give the Devil an assignment for anything?

Who am I to question God?

The devil tempted Jesus by offering Him power over the earth which had been given to him.

Who gave the devil power over the earth?

Probably God. Power over the earth was freely given, not taken by force.

And notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased. Jesus' immediate response was:

Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:20 am

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:27 am

Who am I to question God?

The devil tempted Jesus by offering Him power over the earth which had been given to him.

Who gave the devil power over the earth?

Probably God. Power over the earth was freely given, not taken by force.

And notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased. Jesus' immediate response was:

Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)
Jehovah let Satan have control over the earth AFTER he challenged Him to see who could rule over the earth the best. (Genesis 3:1-5; Job 1:9-12; 2:4-6) Not BEFORE. Where does it say that Satan was given the earth to control BEFORE Adam? That is what you have claimed.