Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Understanding Christianity

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm
Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:57 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #68]

I have enough sins of my own to not worry about original sin.
Matters not. A Christian must first believe they are sick (original sin) before they will take the medicine (what Paul or Jesus offers to obtain eternal life, take your pick).

Furthermore, sin is nothing more than a religious idea. Sin is not an agreed to thing, outside of those in agreement about what is a sin. Sin, like referring to a God is fairly meaningless if you ask me without further context being provided.

I hear you about your perceived sin, it changes nothing about my observation though about how a Christian must first accept the idea of original sin.
If you are or ever looked at someone who has mastered their art. A top level sportsman, musician, doctor.

That person has humbled themselves the most to the thing they are the master of. They stop bringing preconceived notions of how to do something and humbly learn how to be best at that thing. They die to that thing.

Every time they play they try to remove sin (error) and we watch so that we can worship and so that we can learn.

Now a team or a musical group take that sin reducing to a group level and work as one. The very best team or group is actively working to be one and the winning team is typically the one that can be most unified in action on the field, a pass always going to a player because the ligaments of the team know and work together. This is the trinity in action.

--

Can we please stop misunderstanding basic concepts of Christianity when they exist in the secular world so abundantly? Why do so many debaters persist on saying sin doesn't exist when every day normal people try to remove sin from their lives. Why are debaters on this site still grappling with basic concepts of reality?

I really think this is a case of bucking against the goads, you know Jesus is the way and resent it?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."