GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

I understand that the notion is new to almost everyone but why are so many believers so resistant to the notion of Jesus ruling over the earth (from heaven) to eliminate all human suffering on this planet?

Why do so many Christians praise Jesus as KING but are clearly uncomfortable with him being a KING with this our planet earth as his domain* ? Are Christians so enamoured with human governments that they dont want Christ to take over? WHY the resistance (or avoidance) of the main topic of Jesus preaching?

*King + domain = KINGDOM
LUKE 4:43 NIV

But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent
Why do so many that love Jesus and the bible find the idea of a heavenly government taking control of this planet so distasteful or uninteresting or unimportant ? Please help me understand this mystery!

The Good news of the kingdom
viewtopic.php?p=1146570#p1146570
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Post #11

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:33 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 pm The CHRIST's Kingdom will happen when GOD wants it to occur and not anytime sooner. I have absolutely no problem with CHRIST ruling over the earth along with CHURCH. The sooner this take place the better, as far as I'm concerned. CHRIST's CHURCH at that time will be all those that return with CHRIST from heaven.

What do you mean Christ will rule "along with CHURCH"?

Do you have a scripture to show Christ will rule "along with CHURCH"?

Are you siggesting there will be some kind of clergy class of humans living on earth that will rule over all the other humans ?

As I said I know most Christians don't like discuss the topic of what Gods Kingdom is, but if you would indulge me just a little longer and answer these questions.
Absolutely not. Those of the body of CHRIST who were formally "Caught Away" will return with CHRIST after the TIME OF JACOB's TROUBLES and reign with HIM through the MILLENIAL KINGDOM. Revelation 20. The CHURCH is the body of believers and the same meaning Saints.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:38 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 am He will rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16), not from heaven.
Um allow me to add Rev 19:11 and 14 to your Rev 19:15
11 "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness."
14 "Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen."
15 "And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty."

Care to rephrase where this one called Faithful and True is coming from?
According to Matthew 24:30, he will "appear in the sky", and according to Zechariah 14:19, he will rule from Jerusalem. No mention of "heaven", apart from the fact that the "powers of heaven will be shaken" (Mt 24:29-30) as the "stars fall from the sky". As for where he came from, that would be from the right hand of the LORD (Psalm 110:1), until "I have made your enemies a footstool for your feet". At the time he appears in the sky, he is no longer in heaven, and comes to rule on earth (Ez 34:23) on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ezekiel 37:23-24). He will "strike the nations"/Gentiles (including the Gentile church), and moreover, there will be a lot of blood (wine press) and flesh for the birds (Rev 19:17).
Ok so, you believe Rev 19:11 is a lie. What formula do you use to pick out scriptures that are true?

I'd like to add some more scripture to Matthew 24:30 by addeding verse 31. "And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity."

Do angels live in the sky on earth or in Heaven with God?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #13

Post by Revelations won »

I have a few questions.

Where is the kingdom of God right now?

When was this kingdom restored to the earth?

If so on what date ws it restored?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #14

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:43 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:38 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 am He will rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16), not from heaven.
Um allow me to add Rev 19:11 and 14 to your Rev 19:15
11 "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness."
14 "Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen."
15 "And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty."

Care to rephrase where this one called Faithful and True is coming from?
According to Matthew 24:30, he will "appear in the sky", and according to Zechariah 14:19, he will rule from Jerusalem. No mention of "heaven", apart from the fact that the "powers of heaven will be shaken" (Mt 24:29-30) as the "stars fall from the sky". As for where he came from, that would be from the right hand of the LORD (Psalm 110:1), until "I have made your enemies a footstool for your feet". At the time he appears in the sky, he is no longer in heaven, and comes to rule on earth (Ez 34:23) on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ezekiel 37:23-24). He will "strike the nations"/Gentiles (including the Gentile church), and moreover, there will be a lot of blood (wine press) and flesh for the birds (Rev 19:17).
Ok so, you believe Rev 19:11 is a lie. What formula do you use to pick out scriptures that are true?

I'd like to add some more scripture to Matthew 24:30 by addeding verse 31. "And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity."

Do angels live in the sky on earth or in Heaven with God?
The angels are able to be in heaven, in the sky, and on earth. Yeshua is now in heaven, sitting at the right hand of the LORD (Psalms 110:1). As for Matthew 24:31, the righteous dead, those without the mark of the beast (Rev 20:4), will be risen from their graves on earth (Ez 36), and gathered to rule over the "nations"/Gentiles (Rev 20:4), whereas the "king" will rule from Jerusalem, and the land given to "Jacob" (Ez 37:24-25 & Zechariah 14:16). Your "scriptures" are taken from both the "message" of the "son of man" and the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" as stated by Yeshua in Matthew 13:13-49. The "message" you just quoted came from the "son of man", but without "understanding", as the "wicked"/"lawless" cannot "understand" per Daniel 12:10, Isaiah 6:9, and Mt 13:13-14. The heavens of Mt 24:30 would refer to the sky, where the angels started their errand of gathering the "chosen ones", the "elect", who had their heads cut off for the keeping the "Word of God" (Revelation 20:4), and by not taking on the "mark of the beast".

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Revelations won wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am I have a few questions.

Where is the kingdom of God right now?
MATTHEW 11:12

Kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press ...
DANIEL 2:44
In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Do you have a scripture To establish that it was ever "restored to earth"?
Revelations won wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am If so on what date ws it restored?

ditto.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:48 am

Do you have a scripture To establish that it was ever "restored to earth"?
Revelations won wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am If so on what date ws it restored?

ditto.
If God's Kingdom is on earth now...it's a sad kingdom if one watches any news at all.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 am Your "scriptures" are taken from both the "message" of the "son of man" and the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" as stated by Yeshua in Matthew 13:13-49.
What? State what scriptures I quoted are from the devil.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #19

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:34 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 am Your "scriptures" are taken from both the "message" of the "son of man" and the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" as stated by Yeshua in Matthew 13:13-49.
I stated that the "scriptures" you stated in this instance were from the son of man, not from the devil/"enemy". Your whole world view is of a Gentile church based on the "message" of the "enemy", that being the message of the false prophet Paul. The "message" that is planted right next to the message of the son of man (Mt 13:24-25).

Matthew 13:24
Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25“But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. 26“But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. 27“The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28“And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ 29“But he said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30‘Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #20

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:41 am
2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:34 am
I stated that the "scriptures" you stated in this instance were from the son of man, not from the devil/"enemy". Your whole world view is of a Gentile church based on the "message" of the "enemy", that being the message of the false prophet Paul. The "message" that is planted right next to the message of the son of man (Mt 13:24-25).

Matthew 13:24
Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25“But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. 26“But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. 27“The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28“And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ 29“But he said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30‘Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.
I see, well, I don't share your opinion of any part of the Bible as being from the Devil. We are done here. Also, since you are not following the rules of this forum and you don't believe 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 to be true I'm blocking your posts from here on out. Feel free to reply but know that I will not see any of your posts from this day forward. Good bye.