GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

I understand that the notion is new to almost everyone but why are so many believers so resistant to the notion of Jesus ruling over the earth (from heaven) to eliminate all human suffering on this planet?

Why do so many Christians praise Jesus as KING but are clearly uncomfortable with him being a KING with this our planet earth as his domain* ? Are Christians so enamoured with human governments that they dont want Christ to take over? WHY the resistance (or avoidance) of the main topic of Jesus preaching?

*King + domain = KINGDOM
LUKE 4:43 NIV

But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent
Why do so many that love Jesus and the bible find the idea of a heavenly government taking control of this planet so distasteful or uninteresting or unimportant ? Please help me understand this mystery!

The Good news of the kingdom
viewtopic.php?p=1146570#p1146570
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: GOD'S KINGDOM IS A GOVERNMENT: Why the resistance?

Post #2

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:20 am I understand that the notion is new to almost everyone but why are so many believers so resistant to the notion of Jesus ruling over the earth (from heaven) to eliminate all human suffering on this planet?

Why do so many Christians praise Jesus as KING but are clearly uncomfortable with him being a KING with this our planet earth as his domain* ? Are Christians so enamoured with human governments that they dont want Christ to take over? WHY the resistance (or avoidance) of the main topic of Jesus preaching?

*King + domain = KINGDOM
LUKE 4:43 NIV

But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent
Why do so many that love Jesus and the bible find the idea of a heavenly government taking control of this planet so distasteful or uninteresting or unimprtant ? Please help me understand this mystery!

The Good news of the kingdom
viewtopic.php?p=1146570#p1146570
The kingdom will be ruled by David/son of man (Ezekiel 34 & 37 & Mt 24:29-31 & Daniel 2:45) after all the previous kingdoms have been crushed, all at the same time. He will rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16), not from heaven.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by 2timothy316 »

If God's Kingdom isn't in themselves then that means they have answer to someone else for the life they lead and aint nobody got time for that. They are the king, president, grand poohbah, of their 'inner kingdom' and no one is going to tell them what they should be doing.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 am He will rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16), not from heaven.
Um allow me to add Rev 19:11 and 14 to your Rev 19:15
11 "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness."
14 "Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen."
15 "And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty."

Care to rephrase where this one called Faithful and True is coming from?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 pm If God's Kingdom isn't in themselves then that means they have answer to someone else for the life they lead and aint nobody got time for that. They are the king, president, grand poohbah, of their 'inner kingdom' and no one is going to tell them what they should be doing.
Maybe...but its these same Christians that say "I'm happy to be whereever God wants me... I bow to the will of the Divine I'm but clay in his hands.. I will obey and be happy for whatever destiny He has for me " But when it is explained that that destiny may be to spend eternity on 🌎 earth they begin screaming "No, no NEVER..."

What gives?!

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 pm If God's Kingdom isn't in themselves then that means they have answer to someone else for the life they lead and aint nobody got time for that. They are the king, president, grand poohbah, of their 'inner kingdom' and no one is going to tell them what they should be doing.
Maybe...but its these same Christians that say "I'm happy to be whereever God wants me... I bow to the will of the Divine I'm but clay in his hands.. I will obey and be happy for whatever destiny He has for me " But when it is explained that that destiny may be to spend eternity on 🌎 earth they begin screaming "No, no NEVER..."

What gives?!
Fake news?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #7

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 am He will rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16), not from heaven.
Um allow me to add Rev 19:11 and 14 to your Rev 19:15
11 "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness."
14 "Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen."
15 "And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty."

Care to rephrase where this one called Faithful and True is coming from?
According to Matthew 24:30, he will "appear in the sky", and according to Zechariah 14:19, he will rule from Jerusalem. No mention of "heaven", apart from the fact that the "powers of heaven will be shaken" (Mt 24:29-30) as the "stars fall from the sky". As for where he came from, that would be from the right hand of the LORD (Psalm 110:1), until "I have made your enemies a footstool for your feet". At the time he appears in the sky, he is no longer in heaven, and comes to rule on earth (Ez 34:23) on the land given to Jacob/Israel (Ezekiel 37:23-24). He will "strike the nations"/Gentiles (including the Gentile church), and moreover, there will be a lot of blood (wine press) and flesh for the birds (Rev 19:17).

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #8

Post by LittleNipper »

The CHRIST's Kingdom will happen when GOD wants it to occur and not anytime sooner. I have absolutely no problem with CHRIST ruling over the earth along with CHURCH. The sooner this take place the better, as far as I'm concerned. CHRIST's CHURCH at that time will be all those that return with CHRIST from heaven.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #9

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 pm The CHRIST's Kingdom will happen when GOD wants it to occur and not anytime sooner. I have absolutely no problem with CHRIST ruling over the earth along with CHURCH. The sooner this take place the better, as far as I'm concerned. CHRIST's CHURCH at that time will be all those that return with CHRIST from heaven.
The ones who rule with Christ, will be those who rise from the grave because they didn't have the mark of the beast, which would mostly preclude your average "Christian" who follows the false prophet Paul. If one has the mark of the beast, well, they will drink from the cup of God's anger (Rev 14:10).
The "son of man" doesn't come until "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29), which is not going to be a walk in the park. While the 144,000 without a lie on the lips, will probably do much better than everyone else (Revelation 14:5 & Rev 7). You are going to have to search high and low to find one of those "guys", who have not touched a women.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 pm The CHRIST's Kingdom will happen when GOD wants it to occur and not anytime sooner. I have absolutely no problem with CHRIST ruling over the earth along with CHURCH. The sooner this take place the better, as far as I'm concerned. CHRIST's CHURCH at that time will be all those that return with CHRIST from heaven.

What do you mean Christ will rule "along with CHURCH"?

Do you have a scripture to show Christ will rule "along with CHURCH"?

Are you suggesting there will be some kind of "clergy class" of humans living on earth that will rule over all the other humans ?

As I said I know most Christians don't like discuss the topic of what Gods Kingdom is, but if you would indulge me just a little longer and answer these questions.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.