What do JWs know?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndpillar2
Sage

What do JWs know?

Post #1

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D., the same guy who was the main proponent of the Trinity doctrine at Constantine's Council of Nicaea. They apparently did not know that Athanasius produced the canon they used, and that he proposed doctrine which is opposite of what they believe. Is this a one off, or is lack of historical context part of the JWs normal routine? They gave their quote of the day, Rev 21:4, without context, and didn't know that Rev 22:15 applied to the same Jerusalem, and that those "who practice lying" would not "enter". As soon as I told them, they turned and walked quickly away. The second time in around so many weeks, that JWs came, and quickly walked away when confronted with their inconsistencies.

Savant

Re: What do JWs know?

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D...
It is interesting that the Bible doesn't support the idea of Trinity, it doesn't even have the word Trinity in it. So, if Athanasius supported the idea of Trinity, when he collected the scriptures, that he didn't make, it is weird why didn't he take anything that would support the idea.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #3

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

1213 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:55 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D...
It is interesting that the Bible doesn't support the idea of Trinity, it doesn't even have the word Trinity in it. So, if Athanasius supported the idea of Trinity, when he collected the scriptures, that he didn't make, it is weird why didn't he take anything that would support the idea.
Are you saying he should have followed the example of Eusebius, and simply made-up things to make the church look good? He probably would have if he could have, but he just picked out existing supposed scriptures that were already on the book list. Although he was a scribe and could read and write, I doubt if he had the patients to pull out the effort of being an editor as well. Plus, until 380 A.D. the idea of the Trinity was still up in the air. It took another crazy Roman emperor, Theodosius, to authorize the Trinity doctrine of the Nicene Council as the basis for the Roman empire religion.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by kjw47 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D., the same guy who was the main proponent of the Trinity doctrine at Constantine's Council of Nicaea. They apparently did not know that Athanasius produced the canon they used, and that he proposed doctrine which is opposite of what they believe. Is this a one off, or is lack of historical context part of the JWs normal routine? They gave their quote of the day, Rev 21:4, without context, and didn't know that Rev 22:15 applied to the same Jerusalem, and that those "who practice lying" would not "enter". As soon as I told them, they turned and walked quickly away. The second time in around so many weeks, that JWs came, and quickly walked away when confronted with their inconsistencies.

God wrote the bible via holy spirit through righteous men. Men did NOT make up the canon, God did. Men in darkness take credit when none is there for them. Only ones in darkness believe them because they do not know truth.
God used wicked men to carry out his will in the OT. Gods will can never be stopped no matter what source he must use.
Rev 21:4 doesn't mention Jerusalem. Are you confused? You assume out of darkness. Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen( Matt 23:38) Spiritual Israel are the ones referenced in revelation. I hope this clears it up for you.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #5

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D., the same guy who was the main proponent of the Trinity doctrine at Constantine's Council of Nicaea. They apparently did not know that Athanasius produced the canon they used, and that he proposed doctrine which is opposite of what they believe. Is this a one off, or is lack of historical context part of the JWs normal routine? They gave their quote of the day, Rev 21:4, without context, and didn't know that Rev 22:15 applied to the same Jerusalem, and that those "who practice lying" would not "enter". As soon as I told them, they turned and walked quickly away. The second time in around so many weeks, that JWs came, and quickly walked away when confronted with their inconsistencies.

God wrote the bible via holy spirit through righteous men. Men did NOT make up the canon, God did. Men in darkness take credit when none is there for them. Only ones in darkness believe them because they do not know truth.
God used wicked men to carry out his will in the OT. Gods will can never be stopped no matter what source he must use.
Rev 21:4 doesn't mention Jerusalem. Are you confused? You assume out of darkness. Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen( Matt 23:38) Spiritual Israel are the ones referenced in revelation. I hope this clears it up for you.
Revelation 21:4, is a follow up to Revelation 21:2, whereas it references the "new Jerusalem", whereas Revelation 22:3, the "Lamb shall be in it", and with reference to Revelation 22:14-15, the liars will not, but instead, be outside the gates. As for the "wicked" that would be the product of the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" (Mt 13:24-30), which is the message of lawlessness (Mt 13:41), or in layman's terms, the gospel of grace/cross/lawlessness. And the Roman bishop Athanasius was not a righteous man, for he pushed lawlessness in the form of a Trinity dogma. As for Israel being "cut off", Mt 23:38 is referring to the Pharisees/hypocrites, whom "murder" those "I am sending", which would point a finger at Paul, who was the person of power in the murder of Stephen. As for Israel/Ephraim, both Judah and Ephraim/Israel are under judgment until they "acknowledge their guilt" (Hosea 5:10-15). At that time they will be given a new heart and spirit, and washed clean, and then live on the land I gave to Jacob/Israel. (Ez 36 & 37). Do you live on the "land I gave to Jacob"? Do you "keep My statutes" (Ezekiel 37:24)?

Ezekiel 37:24 “‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by TheHolyGhost »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm What do JWs know?
They know how to commit sin.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #7

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
But, do they know the difference between wickedness and righteousness? (Malachi 3:18)

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by TheHolyGhost »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:10 pm
TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
But, do they know the difference between wickedness and righteousness? (Malachi 3:18)
Why don't you join them and find out.

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm Are you saying he should have followed the example of Eusebius
If person is a Christians, a disciple of Jesus, he should follow Jesus.
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm and simply made-up things to make the church look good?
Unfortunately many seem to do so. It would be best, if disciples of Jesus ("Christians") would remain loyal to Jesus.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #10

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

1213 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:31 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm Are you saying he should have followed the example of Eusebius
If person is a Christians, a disciple of Jesus, he should follow Jesus.
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm and simply made-up things to make the church look good?
Unfortunately many seem to do so. It would be best, if disciples of Jesus ("Christians") would remain loyal to Jesus.
The problem is that the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" is portrayed to be the "message of the son of man" (Mt 13:24-49), as the wolves come dressed in sheep's clothing (Mt 7:13). Both "messages" are planted together in the same field (NT book), with the "many" choosing the wrong message (Mt 7:13).