Stair way to heaven

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Udanor
Student

Stair way to heaven

Post #1

Post by Udanor »

Does anybody really belive that listening to "stair way to heaven" (Led Zeppelin) is bad in any way......? as long as you don't listen to it backwards?

finsterlaw

Post #11

Post by finsterlaw »

I love music and take it for what it is

hindweb
Student

not just...

Post #12

Post by hindweb »

not just LedZep, there are even more songs which adds in to this category. I heard Hotel California also falls in to this bad songs list.

http://dharma.indviews.com

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by ST88 »

I always wondered why backwards lyrics made any difference at all. The only people hearing the messages are the ones looking for them. Some sort of audio garbling fallacy.
Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings forgotten. -- George Orwell, 1984

twobitsmedia

Re: Stair way to heaven

Post #14

Post by twobitsmedia »

Udanor wrote:Does anybody really belive that listening to "stair way to heaven" (Led Zeppelin) is bad in any way......? as long as you don't listen to it backwards?
There has been nothing to ever prove that "backmasking" has any affect on the mind. The mind does not assimilate the information backwards. It became a big deal in the late sixties with the Beatles "Paul is dead" gimmick, which was designed to sell records later on. "Stairway to Heaven" is a great rock song.....a classic.

k-nug
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by k-nug »

I think listening to metal, even older metal bands who delved into things of the 'devil' had as much impact to the listener as watching a scary movie. And they had the same intention, entertainment. I listen to all sorts of music, including bands that delve into the occult, satanism (Opeth), christian metal, (Killswitch Engage), and bands that talk about psychology, sacred geometry and aliens. (Tool). None of this makes me want to be a new age satanic christian. It's just music. Although with Tool it's a little more of an obsession, because I'm a musician, and Tool has unholy musical talent.
My version of Genesis.
At first there was symmetry. Then something broke.