Stair way to heaven

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Udanor
Student

Stair way to heaven

Post #1

Post by Udanor »

Does anybody really belive that listening to "stair way to heaven" (Led Zeppelin) is bad in any way......? as long as you don't listen to it backwards?

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: Stair way to heaven

Post #2

Post by Confused »

Udanor wrote:Does anybody really belive that listening to "stair way to heaven" (Led Zeppelin) is bad in any way......? as long as you don't listen to it backwards?
Obviously Zepplin ignorant here, what happens if you listen to it backwards? I have heard it a few times, I thought it was about the lead singers child who died or something like that. I could be getting it confused (I am good at that) with another song.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Udanor
Student

Post #3

Post by Udanor »

This is what it "supposedly" sais:

So here’s to my Sweet Satan.
The other’s little path
Would make me sad,
Whose power is faith.
He’ll give those with him 666.
And all the evil fools,
they know he made
us suffer sadly.

I listen to what ever Music I want.... Music means a lot to me..... Before I became a christian I basically worshiped music...
Even if this song was meant to be a "satan worship"... I would still listen to it...
It happens to be a wary beautiful song...
I could be getting it confused (I am good at that) with another song.
I think you are confused,confused..

But with all this said......... is this a Satanic song? It seems to be an opinion question...

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Confused »

Udanor wrote:This is what it "supposedly" sais:

So here’s to my Sweet Satan.
The other’s little path
Would make me sad,
Whose power is faith.
He’ll give those with him 666.
And all the evil fools,
they know he made
us suffer sadly.

I listen to what ever Music I want.... Music means a lot to me..... Before I became a christian I basically worshiped music...
Even if this song was meant to be a "satan worship"... I would still listen to it...
It happens to be a wary beautiful song...
I could be getting it confused (I am good at that) with another song.
I think you are confused,confused..

But with all this said......... is this a Satanic song? It seems to be an opinion question...
Why thank you for confirming my confusion. I figure, why call a duck a goose. A duck is a duck.

Now onto the lyrics. I don't' see the problem. First, I listened to it after I got off work. No, I wasn't confused about the song. It is a beautiful song. Like you, I intensely enjoy music. Classical to rock, pop to hip hop, gospel to alternative. Though I don't care much for rap. But reading what you say the lyrics say backwards, I don't' interpret that to mean anything worshipping satan. It is true based on Christianity, those without faith, he has made fools of and made them suffer sadly. Soley on the issue of faith, those that fall into his realm will be marked and suffer.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Udanor
Student

Post #5

Post by Udanor »

It's just... a lot of people have a problem whith this song... and I don't see why :-s

Galphanore
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Galphanore »

Udanor wrote:It's just... a lot of people have a problem whith this song... and I don't see why :-s
Because there are some people that believe that there is such a thing as "magic", and that certain words can directly lead to events. Such as the Catholics thinking their latin invocations will "cast out the evil spirit" during exorcisms, which they still do.
  • You are free to do what you want, but you are not free to want what you want.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Goat »

Udanor wrote:It's just... a lot of people have a problem whith this song... and I don't see why :-s
Of course, there is the famous claim that it has a satanic song in it when played backwards.

Personally, I heard it backwards, and I don't hear that song.

hindweb
Student

nope

Post #8

Post by hindweb »

Personally if I was a christian, I would have more problem with number of the beast or some metal bands than Led Zepplin.

Sanatana dharma

Udanor
Student

Post #9

Post by Udanor »

Personally if I was a christian, I would have more problem with number of the beast or some metal bands than Led Zepplin.

Cant say I listen much to that anyway....
8-)
One love, one heart
Lets get together and feel alright
One love, hear my plea, one heart
Give thanks and praise to the lord, and I will feel alright

/ Bob Marley

soot

Re: Stair way to heaven

Post #10

Post by soot »

Udanor wrote:Does anybody really belive that listening to "stair way to heaven" (Led Zeppelin) is bad in any way......? as long as you don't listen to it backwards?
Nothing that goes in your ears is going to make you a bad Christian, or a bad person for that matter.

Listen to this song all you want. Listen to it backwards all you want.