*sigh* Ever get tired?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

achilles12604
Site Supporter

*sigh* Ever get tired?

Post #1

Post by achilles12604 »

Does anyone else here ever get tired of answering the same questions over and over? For example I just got done explaining to Goat, Cog and others about the philosophy behind the first cause arguement, the fact God doesn't need to be caused and why this isn't special pleading.

Then I read through a few more posts and there it is again from another newbie.

I guess this could go both ways. I'm sure they get tired of explaining thier views as well. Oh well.

Ok I'm done complaining. Thanks for letting me whimper.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

achilles12604 wrote:Does anyone else here ever get tired of answering the same questions over and over?
If it's a different person, I usually just provide a short quote and a link to what I've already said.

If it's to the same person, then I'll take a short break and apply a series of well placed pressure on my forehead against some vertical surface. ](*,)

Goose

Post #3

Post by Goose »

otseng wrote:
achilles12604 wrote:Does anyone else here ever get tired of answering the same questions over and over?
If it's a different person, I usually just provide a short quote and a link to what I've already said.

If it's to the same person, then I'll take a short break and apply a series of well placed pressure on my forehead against some vertical surface. ](*,)
Think of it this way. If some how, by some miraculous intervention the most sceptical or cynical doubter becomes a believer because of something we have said, then they will become a powerful force for Christianity. The worst sceptics that become Christians have the most credibility in my opinion. It's worth the effort to help them make a rational decision, I believe.

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by achilles12604 »

Goose wrote:
otseng wrote:

Think of it this way. If some how, by some miraculous intervention the most sceptical or cynical doubter becomes a believer because of something we have said, then they will become a powerful force for Christianity. The worst sceptics that become Christians have the most credibility in my opinion. It's worth the effort to help them make a rational decision, I believe.
I suppose that is true. I guess that it is possible. I personally don't hold out for a convert, but maybe . . . just maybe we can be of help to someone.

If nothing else, I am a debating addict so I guess it is all good. :-)
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.