Does Adoption Help or Hurt Evolution?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

wrekk
Scholar

Does Adoption Help or Hurt Evolution?

Post #1

Post by wrekk »

I came up with this revelation the other day. Being that I'm adopted and now atheist, this posed a great question to me. After much material on how evolution works, and survival of the fittest and all, it got my gears turning.

I think personally it is a great thing in the process of evolution, and can contribute to it just as importantly as normal procreation does. I'll explain why, but I wanted other's opinions on it before I do.

PS ... to add to this debate, I pose another question. How about gay marriage and adoption, does this also forward humanity's evolution?

Are these two scenario's one in the same, or different somehow?
You never hear in the news... 200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.- Doug Stanhope

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Does Adoption Help or Hurt Evolution?

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

wrekk wrote:I came up with this revelation the other day. Being that I'm adopted and now atheist, this posed a great question to me. After much material on how evolution works, and survival of the fittest and all, it got my gears turning.

I think personally it is a great thing in the process of evolution, and can contribute to it just as importantly as normal procreation does. I'll explain why, but I wanted other's opinions on it before I do.

PS ... to add to this debate, I pose another question. How about gay marriage and adoption, does this also forward humanity's evolution?

Are these two scenario's one in the same, or different somehow?
Look for your answer in the fact that we do not evolve individually. We are a social species and it is the social group, the tribe, the nation, the clan which is the main unit evolving.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John