Christian Marine Vs. Non-theist Marine

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

upallnite
Sage

Christian Marine Vs. Non-theist Marine

Post #1

Post by upallnite »

I would like to try to keep the debate to Christian Marines and Non-theist Marines and combat. I know there are many Wiccan, Islamic, and other Marines. I even worked with a Recon Marine that prayed to Thor. :shock:

What makes a better combat Marine (Christian or Non-theist) and why?

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Re: Christian Marine Vs. Non-theist Marine

Post #2

Post by Scrotum »

upallnite wrote:I would like to try to keep the debate to Christian Marines and Non-theist Marines and combat. I know there are many Wiccan, Islamic, and other Marines. I even worked with a Recon Marine that prayed to Thor. :shock:

What makes a better combat Marine (Christian or Non-theist) and why?
A Christian/Theist, 10 to 1 easily.

Thats why the U.S army wants Christians as much as possible, as they are educated not to think, not to question and obey what is told to them. They are told to HATE the enemy, they are EVIL, KILL KILL KILL. And then they do, kill anything ruthlessly.

An atheistic one would think, use his brain, question qrong decisions such as executing innocent men woman and children, this is a none-issue to the Christian ones, they obey,OBEY OBEY, Questioning is not patriotic, is bad, is against GODS WILL etcetera.

Have you never thinked aobut hwy the U.S army has such an ENORMOUS causulty when it comes to civilians/innocents Compared to the European (per capita).

European militaries are trained to use their brain, be intelligent, do intelligent decisions and act moraly (moral in this case is good), and not harm civilians, not destroy the infrastructure and osvle problems. The Swedish forces, whom only consist of elite forces are very well trained and wins handsdown compared to americans in all wargames ever fought (submarine, literal warfare etcetera), The same goes for the British, German and French forces.

The U.S army is not built to think and think about the consequences, but to kill whatever they are told to kill, whatever they destroy infrasturcute and innocent lifes.

Christian Marine would be the best man to man, and even worse if its in urban territory with civilians, but the Christian will have 20 civilians on his hands, while the none-Christian would have zero.

But im guess im wrong and just an "americna hater", i know, truth is always wrong.
T: ´I do not believe in gravity, it´s just a theory

upallnite
Sage

Post #3

Post by upallnite »

I think both options have their Pros and Cons. With that being said I am going to debate that the non-theist Marine would fair better in combat.

Religious Requirements
A non-theist normally has less religious requirements. No need for a Navy chaplin or religious materials. I think these are very important drawbacks for the Christian Marine.

The chaplin is an important concern. He does not add an extra weapon to the fight and requires protection. This creates a burden on the section that is assigned to protect him. He is also a negative influence when trying to explain to local clerics that the US is not conducting a Holy War. On top of that, the Christian Marines around him are likely to take additional risk to protect what is a symbol of their faith. If the Christians want to keep the Navy chaplins then they should be kept in Green zones away from risk of any hostile engagement.

Religious materials cause another risk in combat. Most Track Marines remove their rings when working with the AAVP7A1. The only time I have ever seen rings not removed were by Christian Marines. A LCPL had his hand smashed by a cargo hatch. (Trust me that hurts) His ring finger was severed by his ring. The bones in his other fingers were broken but saveable. That Marine removed himself from ever being in combat again because of his ring.

Prayer
The Marines that prayed were no better off then those that chose not to. The timing of some of those prayers is what bothered me more than anything. Praying before entering a likely engagement never bothered me. However, my 3rd crewman liked to pray when I was depending on him to watch my back. This made himself an easy target and risked my security.

Christian Vs. Whoever
I was asked, mostly by locals, "Why do you Christians want to kill us?" People became less threating and more willing to do what I asked them when I told them I am not a Christian. This was helpful when I needed to keep them a safe distance from the AAV's. Like it or not many Iraqis view the current conflicts in the middle east as a religious attack.

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Scrotum »

upallnite wrote:I think both options have their Pros and Cons. With that being said I am going to debate that the non-theist Marine would fair better in combat.

Religious Requirements
A non-theist normally has less religious requirements. No need for a Navy chaplin or religious materials. I think these are very important drawbacks for the Christian Marine.

The chaplin is an important concern. He does not add an extra weapon to the fight and requires protection. This creates a burden on the section that is assigned to protect him. He is also a negative influence when trying to explain to local clerics that the US is not conducting a Holy War. On top of that, the Christian Marines around him are likely to take additional risk to protect what is a symbol of their faith. If the Christians want to keep the Navy chaplins then they should be kept in Green zones away from risk of any hostile engagement.

Religious materials cause another risk in combat. Most Track Marines remove their rings when working with the AAVP7A1. The only time I have ever seen rings not removed were by Christian Marines. A LCPL had his hand smashed by a cargo hatch. (Trust me that hurts) His ring finger was severed by his ring. The bones in his other fingers were broken but saveable. That Marine removed himself from ever being in combat again because of his ring.

Prayer
The Marines that prayed were no better off then those that chose not to. The timing of some of those prayers is what bothered me more than anything. Praying before entering a likely engagement never bothered me. However, my 3rd crewman liked to pray when I was depending on him to watch my back. This made himself an easy target and risked my security.

Christian Vs. Whoever
I was asked, mostly by locals, "Why do you Christians want to kill us?" People became less threating and more willing to do what I asked them when I told them I am not a Christian. This was helpful when I needed to keep them a safe distance from the AAV's. Like it or not many Iraqis view the current conflicts in the middle east as a religious attack.
Upallnight, did you miss my entire post?

Because of the aggressive indoctrination into these Theist souls, they will fight without mercy, without care for harming civilians and damaging infrastructure, they are far more likely to win in a same-scenario comparision compared to a secular army thinking about harming innocent people, destroying needed infrastructure etcetera.

A Chaplin here, a section there is insignificant.

upallnite
Sage

Post #5

Post by upallnite »

Scrotum,
I do not agree entirely with you.
Thats why the U.S army wants Christians as much as possible, as they are educated not to think, not to question and obey what is told to them. They are told to HATE the enemy, they are EVIL, KILL KILL KILL. And then they do, kill anything ruthlessly.
Immediate reaction to orders is very important to a Combat Marine. The only time I ever questioned orders were when they were clearly against our R.O.E. I did not see most of my brothers as overly blood thirsty(even the Christian ones). We did have one exception but that is another story. I do not think he is an example of the typical Christian Marine.
An atheistic one would think
Thinking is a luxury that you seldom get in combat. Reaction and remembering the training you have received is what normally happens. I would argue that non-theist Marines tend to be a little more prepared due to knowing their only life is on the line. I will elaborate on this concept a little latter.
European militaries are trained to use their brain, be intelligent, do intelligent decisions and act moraly
[joking]Hmmm...Did you just call me a brain dead, stupid, immoral, American? :-s [/joking]

The Swedish forces, whom only consist of elite forces are very well trained and wins handsdown compared to americans in all wargames ever fought (submarine, literal warfare etcetera), The same goes for the British, German and French forces.
I have participated in CAX with the British Royal Marines. I was very impressed with them. But they left with the same feeling about US Marines. Perhaps you are comparing them to the US Army. I do not think that would be a fair comparision because the BR Marines are very specialized (like our special forces).

upallnite
Sage

Post #6

Post by upallnite »

You type faster than me. It just ain't fair!
A Chaplin here, a section there is insignificant.
A point I agree with. The loss of life of their own is not as much of a concern for Christian Marines. Since they are under the impression that they will see them again in heaven. But that does not make the individual fight with any more intensity. I just makes it easy to wave off the death toll that will always come with war.

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Scrotum »

upallnite wrote:
You type faster than me. It just ain't fair!
About your above post (the one not quoted).

We are not talking about general experience you had with marines, Christian marines, none Christian marines etcetera, We are talking about a full body of people here, and you know it makes a difference.

The choice between two armies, One Christian, indoctrinated to believe in their God, that Life is useless and to die for your country is worth it, the enemy is evil and should die because they are turban wearing muslims, all of them need to they (children, woman, innocents).

Secular one, where the mind of the amry is about the good of society, caring for ones fellow man, whatever black or white, pink or blue, about going into a war to defend themselves against the aggressors and not harming the innocent people not involved in the warlike conflict, making sure its all ethical.

Which one DO YOU think would "win" (i.e kill the enemy, not do best). You know the answer.

And yes, I agree, sorry about that, the HIGHLY specialixes american forces are equal to Swedish and British ones, but that is a minority, we have the same quality standard of ALL our soldiers, not just them, so if the U.S would do that, then they would have a wonderfully trained amry loved by anyone.

upallnite
Sage

Post #8

Post by upallnite »

the enemy is evil and should die because they are turban wearing muslims, all of them need to
I do not agree that all (or even many) Christian Marines have that view. I can only think of one example. Like I said above I do not think he is a good representation of the rest.
Which one DO YOU think would "win" (i.e kill the enemy, not do best).
Of the two armies you suggested the "Christian" one would win the short war. The long war would rally other forces to the aid of the Secular army. Causing the "Christian" army to deal with more combatants than they could handle. (Didn't that happen in Europe not to long ago?) Again, I do not think that is a reasonable description of Christian Marines.

I wanted to focus on individual Marines. I think this debate may slip into arguing over who would have the better army.

"A horseshoe is lost for want of a single nail. A horse is lost for want of a single horseshoe. A message is lost for want of a single horse. A battle is lost for want for a single message." -???

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Scrotum »

upallnite wrote:
the enemy is evil and should die because they are turban wearing muslims, all of them need to
I do not agree that all (or even many) Christian Marines have that view. I can only think of one example. Like I said above I do not think he is a good representation of the rest.
Which one DO YOU think would "win" (i.e kill the enemy, not do best).
Of the two armies you suggested the "Christian" one would win the short war. The long war would rally other forces to the aid of the Secular army. Causing the "Christian" army to deal with more combatants than they could handle. (Didn't that happen in Europe not to long ago?) Again, I do not think that is a reasonable description of Christian Marines.

I wanted to focus on individual Marines. I think this debate may slip into arguing over who would have the better army.

"A horseshoe is lost for want of a single nail. A horse is lost for want of a single horseshoe. A message is lost for want of a single horse. A battle is lost for want for a single message." -???
Then you have to change the entire main post. Under WHAT scenario?

Indeed, it could be that the "secular army" would simple be the biggest because of the atrocities commited by the Theistic one, but that would only apply under a certain scenario.

So then we HAVE the best, but no the "goodest", its a horrible army murdering and killing anything, like our Islam and Christian friends have been doing the last 500 years. Skill does not matter if you have 500 dumb sheep running against the skilled wolf.

seventil
Scholar

Re: Christian Marine Vs. Non-theist Marine

Post #10

Post by seventil »

Scrotum wrote:
A Christian/Theist, 10 to 1 easily.

Scrotum, I must say that it's my opinion that is this is one of the worst things I've ever seen you write; and that's saying a lot.

I feel a bit personally insulted in this case because I served our country for 8 years and went to Iraq twice.

I ask you to not use openly hostile and ignorant comments like this. Your opinion is just that, and I ask you to be civil and courteous when "debating" here.
An atheistic one would think, use his brain, question qrong decisions such as executing innocent men woman and children, this is a none-issue to the Christian ones, they obey,OBEY OBEY, Questioning is not patriotic, is bad, is against GODS WILL etcetera.

Have you never thinked aobut hwy the U.S army has such an ENORMOUS causulty when it comes to civilians/innocents Compared to the European (per capita).

European militaries are trained to use their brain, be intelligent, do intelligent decisions and act moraly (moral in this case is good), and not harm civilians, not destroy the infrastructure and osvle problems. The Swedish forces, whom only consist of elite forces are very well trained and wins handsdown compared to americans in all wargames ever fought (submarine, literal warfare etcetera), The same goes for the British, German and French forces.
Interesting statistics you seem to be pulling out of your ass. Care to reference these?

I would have a different opinion, as I was lucky enough to be in the Kosovo / Allied Force conflict back in 1999. Apparently, there, there were these Europeans committing mass genocide. I wouldn't know, or anything, since I was there. I suppose those huge pits of bodies were just put there by evil Christians!

Perhaps you were talking of an earlier time?

Maybe we can use the kind Germans of World War I and II as a good reference of "Europeans" using their brain in battle? I'm sure that the 20 million people that died might want a word about that, though.

In fact, I think you've dug yourself a hole so deep with the stupidity of your statements, I doubt you'll even answer.
The U.S army is not built to think and think about the consequences, but to kill whatever they are told to kill, whatever they destroy infrasturcute and innocent lifes.
I suppose the Geneva Conventions and hours on end of LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict) that they pound into was fake, then?
Christian Marine would be the best man to man, and even worse if its in urban territory with civilians, but the Christian will have 20 civilians on his hands, while the none-Christian would have zero.

But im guess im wrong and just an "americna hater", i know, truth is always wrong.
I can't decide what's worse; your horrific rhetoric and drivel you've written here, or your spelling.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath
already committed breakfast with it in his heart" -- C.S. Lewis