Devils greatest trick

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Confused
Site Supporter

Devils greatest trick

Post #1

Post by Confused »

It has been said that one of Satans greatest tricks was to convince the world he didn't exist. I personally find this funny, but it make me wonder how clever Satan really is. If he convinces the world that he doesn't exist, then he also convinces the world that God doesn't exist. A great feat, but short lived, I would think. I think an even greater feat that would exact revenge on a God who tossed him out would be to convince the world to believe in a false prophet/Messiah thereby gaining continuous revenge against God. I keep remembering this passage:

Matthew 7:15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

If Christ was the false Messiah, then the Jewish would still be the Chosen people, since they weren't fooled. What would this mean for the rest of humanity?

So here is the debate:
What was satans greatest trick: convincing the world he didn't exist, or convincing the world that he was the Messiah? Yes, I know some of you are going to go haywire and start shooting arrows at me for my ignorance in not knowing how satan could be Christ or how he could convince the world he was God. But think about it for a few minutes. Let it sink in. Now ask yourself, is it possible for satan to pull of this feat? The Jews never bought into Christ being the Messiah and God had more interaction with them than with anyone else. So who is being fooled?
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Beta
Scholar

Post #2

Post by Beta »

Confused,

So who is being fooled ?
All those who don't believe the word of Truth - God.
Confusion is the result of unbelief, of human opinions and imaginations.

Beta
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Beta »

Confused,
So who is being fooled ?

All those who do not believe the Word of Truth - God.
Confusion is the result of human opinions and imaginations.

Do you really think that satan would turn himself into a man and be crucified besides other evil suffering just to play a trick on man ?
Satan is not equal to Christ and could never have pulled this off.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Confused »

Beta wrote:Confused,
So who is being fooled ?

All those who do not believe the Word of Truth - God.
Confusion is the result of human opinions and imaginations.

Do you really think that satan would turn himself into a man and be crucified besides other evil suffering just to play a trick on man ?
Satan is not equal to Christ and could never have pulled this off.
Tell me, do you think Satan can't read? Do you think he has never read the Bible. Do you think he couldn't fool mankind. Do you forget that a simple serpent fooled adam and eve. Is a serpent more crafty than satan?

The question is who is being fooled? Not even the top scholars can even agree on what the word of God means. They vary in their interpretations so much it makes one wonder if defining absolute spacetime wouldn't be easier.

Why couldn't satan do just that. Possess a man, pull the wool over mans eyes, and then let the man die. Satan used to live with God, remember? Who would know better what God had for criteria for mans Messiah? Do you think satan wouldn't do anything to turn man from God? So I ask once again, who is being fooled?
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine

-Harvey Fierstein

The Real Truth
Student

Post #5

Post by The Real Truth »

There is another such trick that is practised by the Christians themselves, they argue that God proves his existance by not proving his existance, or in other words they say that 'God must remain hidden.' This is of course utterly illogical, and contradictory to the fact that Christains also believe The Bible, Jesus and all of creation besides was an act of God. However, anyone who has not been poisoned by faith and can think rationaly knows that the latter is all false; The Bible is an ancient work of fiction written by primitive men, all of whom were insane, Jesus was a childish liar and all of creaton was created by the Big Bang. I know all these as facts because I have read The Bible in full. I am not a liar. I see the truth.

http://www.godisimaginary.com/index.htm

This website can also help you on your way to seeing the truth. God is imaginary!

Beta
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Beta »

Confused ,
once again you ask who is being fooled and once again I say we must look to the Bible as the word of Truth .
I am not saying your scenario could not have been possible but we have no biblical proof of it , only your imagination. So what is the point of believing someones personal opinion over the recorded Word of God ? This is bound to confuse. However, you are free to believe what you like.

Real truth ,
Since you don't believe the word of God we should not be surprised at your contradiction of it. By this you set yourself above God and like it or not will one day have to give account of yourself. For all of us there comes a day of judgement.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Confused »

Beta wrote:Confused ,
once again you ask who is being fooled and once again I say we must look to the Bible as the word of Truth .
I am not saying your scenario could not have been possible but we have no biblical proof of it , only your imagination. So what is the point of believing someones personal opinion over the recorded Word of God ? This is bound to confuse. However, you are free to believe what you like.

Real truth ,
Since you don't believe the word of God we should not be surprised at your contradiction of it. By this you set yourself above God and like it or not will one day have to give account of yourself. For all of us there comes a day of judgement.
Ok, now let us set some things straight: Real truth, you have no clue if I believe the word of God or not. You have no criteria to use to say I set myself above God. And if that day of judgement should come, I would love to hear how you justify your condemnation of a perfect stranger of whom you know nothing about.

Now onto the OP: So if something isn't mentioned in the Bible, it couldn't have happened? Tell me again who wrote the bible? Was it man or God. Was it man or Christ? Was it written during the events of the OT as they took place? Was it written during the life of Christ? You want me to discount something based on something that has equal validity? Is this logical?

Actually, you did say my scenario wasn't possible, you said satan couldn't have pulled it off. Now you say you aren't saying that. Which is it?

In regards to opinions, tell me, whose opinion is it you are accepting for the interpretation of many of the parables in the NT? Even the top biblical scholars can't agree on what each one means, if they are literal or contextual, etc...... Or even if they were translated correctly. So whose opinion do you value? Your own, I would hope. And I would hope your opinion is grounded in knowledge. You can accept or reject my scenario. That is your right. But if you are going to debate it, do it with logic, and be consistent.
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine

-Harvey Fierstein

The Real Truth
Student

Post #8

Post by The Real Truth »

Beta, so you disagree that my completely true statment is not contradictory? In that case you have no logic and are delusional. The is no Judgement Day because God is Imaginary. The concept of Judgment Day was created to instill fear into peasants so they would not rise up and strike at thier oppressors. The Bible is full of evil.

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm

This website can show you just how evil your invisible friend God is.

EDIT: Uhm, confused? I didn't make any assumptions toward you. In fact, I wasn't even talking to you. I don't know where you got that from.

otseng
Savant

Re: Devils greatest trick

Post #9

Post by otseng »

Confused wrote:If Christ was the false Messiah, then the Jewish would still be the Chosen people, since they weren't fooled. What would this mean for the rest of humanity?
I don't think that scenario would logically make sense. That would mean the devil would have to be playing two opposite parts at the same time.

Here's one example.

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

So, the devil then would be tempting himself and convincing himself that he was not the Son of God?

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: Devils greatest trick

Post #10

Post by Confused »

otseng wrote:
Confused wrote:If Christ was the false Messiah, then the Jewish would still be the Chosen people, since they weren't fooled. What would this mean for the rest of humanity?
I don't think that scenario would logically make sense. That would mean the devil would have to be playing two opposite parts at the same time.

Here's one example.

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

So, the devil then would be tempting himself and convincing himself that he was not the Son of God?
There was no eyewitness account of this. Christ went into the wilderness alone and then upon returning gave witness to what occurred. There need not be a tempting at all.
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine

-Harvey Fierstein