To whom does the land of Israel divinely belong to and why?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

SeekingTheTruth
Student

Post #1

Post by SeekingTheTruth »

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: To whom does the land of Israel divinely belong to and w

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

SeekingTheTruth wrote:To whom does the land of Israel divinely belong to and why?
No one. There is no divinely promised land. Can't even the modern theists get beyond the idea of a tribal God as an excuse to take land from the people who live on it?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ilovepikachuandjesus
Student

Post #3

Post by ilovepikachuandjesus »

SeekingTheTruth wrote:To whom does the land of Israel divinely belong to and why?
The earthly land of Israel belongs to God, as does the entire planet.

The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. - Psalm 24:1

However, the divine Israel (Heaven/New Jerusalem), which has not been created yet, belongs to God and to those whose belief is in His Son Jesus Christ. Romans is quite clear that those who belong to Jesus are those who are in Jesus' family, not those who were/are the direct descendants of Abraham.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by bernee51 »

ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:

The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. - Psalm 24:1

However, the divine Israel (Heaven/New Jerusalem), which has not been created yet, belongs to God and to those whose belief is in His Son Jesus Christ. Romans is quite clear that those who belong to Jesus are those who are in Jesus' family, not those who were/are the direct descendants of Abraham.
And if another ancient tradition says the lplanet belongs to the rainbow serpent - which one should I believe. What of another that doesn't claim ownersip by anyone. Why is that not the way it is?

On what grounds can you claim the bible is the definitive answer?
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

arayhay
Sage

Post #5

Post by arayhay »

ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:

However, the divine Israel (Heaven/New Jerusalem), which has not been created yet, belongs to God and to those whose belief is in His Son Jesus Christ. Romans is quite clear that those who belong to Jesus / Yahshua are those who are in Jesus'/ Yahshua's family, not those who were/are the direct descendants of Abraham.

Very good. but it DOES SAY Israel. You are right to say it's not an ethnic inheritance, rather ' you will be the father of many nations' is the promise given Abraham. some will be DIRECT descendants of his.. salvation is of the Jews.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Greatest I Am »

There is no such thing as divine rights or chosen people. If we acknowledge such a right here then where would we stop. What about the divine right of Kings. Will we return to that era?
God is a God of inclusion. All souls are His.
All the earth is His.

Regards
DL

arayhay
Sage

Post #7

Post by arayhay »

Greatest I Am wrote:There is no such thing as divine rights or chosen people. If we acknowledge such a right here then where would we stop. What about the divine right of Kings. Will we return to that era?
All the earth is His.

Regards
DL

i wouldn't feel comfortable contradicting the KING OF THE UNIVERSE.

so i hope you don't mind if i don't take you to seriously.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Cathar1950 »

It looks like no one can lay claim to it
It seems anyone can make a claim and even say, "God said so".
But I guess it belongs to who ever is there until someone takes it from them.
Whatever happens is the will of God even if some claim he promised it to them.
Didn't the English divide that whole area up into little countries? Let's take away Jordan and Egypt to name a few.
Who has a claim to the USA?
Hundreds of years ago the Hopi were related to a group in Mexico.
Today we worry about immigrants.
I think the whole Middle East, Greece, Roman and places all over the world should become amusement parks with parks, recreation, hospitals and universities that al put Disney and Vegas to shame. This could include temple prostitution, vomitoriams, animal sacrifices, re-enacted battles where they take turns and fun for the whole family.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by bernee51 »

arayhay wrote:
Greatest I Am wrote:There is no such thing as divine rights or chosen people. If we acknowledge such a right here then where would we stop. What about the divine right of Kings. Will we return to that era?
All the earth is His.

Regards
DL

There is no king of the universe...as you see, I don't take you seriously.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Greatest I Am »

bernee51 wrote:
arayhay wrote:
All the earth is His.

Regards
DL

There is no king of the universe...as you see, I don't take you seriously.

In that case I will proclaim a Jihad against all those who oppose my view.
Why not if man can speak for God.

Regards
DL