Most improved award

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Confused
Site Supporter

Most improved award

Post #1

Post by Confused »

I am aware it is to late for this to come into effect this year, but I think there should be some recognition for posters who may come to this forum very close minded and lacking much information, but through various debates, they improve in both their techniques for debating as well as their ability to see topics with a more tolerant and open mind.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Second that.

Also how about an award for best atheist to be voted on only by theists, and best thiest to be voted for only by atheists and agnostics.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #3

Post by OnceConvinced »

I especially like the second one, but both a good suggestions.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

otseng
Savant

Re: Most improved award

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Confused wrote:I am aware it is to late for this to come into effect this year, but I think there should be some recognition for posters who may come to this forum very close minded and lacking much information, but through various debates, they improve in both their techniques for debating as well as their ability to see topics with a more tolerant and open mind.
We can give this a try for next year.