Questions about the Earth

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

servant
Apprentice

Questions about the Earth

Post #1

Post by servant »

Did science or the bible first note that the earth hangs on nothing?

Did science or the bible first note that the earth was a circle and not flat?

Neatras
Guru

Post #111

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 110 by evilsorcerer1]

So... what about plasma?

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #112

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

I've been thinking about it and I realized that if a God could create 'the 4 basic elements' he could also just create a working universe all at once. But is that logical? It wouldn't seem like a deity would do that. If he did that why not just make a perfectly round world. Because it liked being creative? In that case it would probably just go through the whole process if it enjoyed it that much. Why is Jupiter and everything else there? To awe and astound us? Why couldn't a man be a fish ever? Why couldn't a fish be a man? I'm not sure it's not possible, it's probably just the way God did it. It really seems unlikely a God would try to trick us by creating animals and then move them around with his own power. Because doesn't that seem deceiving and dishonest? So man could have been an animal? Is the only difference between man and animal a moral choice? How are we created differently than animals. Apparently animals can also communicate with each other but maybe not as well, only with a few sounds. So either we are different than the animals only because god chose to allow humans to choose or because there is something physical inside of us animals don't have? Also, if this God enjoys creating so much, how long did it take? A trillion years? Does he create and destroy and then rebuild? Are there clues around us as to the process? We believe the Earth rotates around the sun but the moon rotates around the earth and the larger planets rotate around the sun but also circle behind us. Does the whole universe center around us?

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #113

Post by Kenisaw »

[Replying to post 112 by evilsorcerer1]

I've been thinking about it and realized that there is no evidence whatsoever for everything you said in your post. So I guess I'll keep on doing things the scientific method way since that seems to work so darn well.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #114

Post by McCulloch »

evilsorcerer1 wrote:I think a god, the god, (which is a spirit) created everything from nothing using wind, fire, dirt, water. Everything is held in place by a spiritual force. I think the Earth has an atmosphere around it so while it is being spun around the sun (so everyone receives daylight and night) people don't fly out into space.
evilsorcerer1 wrote:I think …
This is the science forum so what you or I think is not relevant. What can you show to be true?
evilsorcerer1 wrote: a god, the god, (which is a spirit) created everything from nothing …
If God created everything, then either God created himself (a logical impossibility) or God is not a thing (a nothing).
evilsorcerer1 wrote:using wind, fire, dirt, water. …
Where did the wind, fire, dirt and water come from?
evilsorcerer1 wrote:Everything is held in place by a spiritual force.
What is spirit? What is a spiritual force?
evilsorcerer1 wrote:I think the Earth has an atmosphere around it so while it is being spun around the sun (so everyone receives daylight and night) people don't fly out into space.
Daylight and night are not caused by the earth circling the sun. Daylight and night are caused by the earth spinning about its axis, like a top.
The atmosphere does not hold people on the surface of the earth. There is a force called gravity which holds people, water, dirt, stones, plants, animals and the atmosphere to the earth.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #115

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

First of all, a lot of what I say is true, and what isn't is from a world full of people who have no idea or care to know what's going on in the world. I don't have time to explain all of life, but I attached some of my notes at the bottom. I know more about what's going on in this world than most people (unfortunately, I have so many problems you could never imagine. And why is that? First I'll say this. Most people are blasphemers. I don't mean 70%, I mean if not all 99.999%. When I say blasphemed I mean cannot be saved, have not been saved, eternal condemnation. And when I say I know, I know. Read my notes honestly. Blasphemy isn't just speaking evil towards god, it wanting to be him, to defeat him and it's also living in complete darkness and not knowing you've blasphemed. Genesis never says the serpent is the devil. Does this sound possible? People say one day they will be given a new spirit but it's a lie they believe because they want to be god. Look at religion and people just labelled sinners. Their beliefs are crazy. They talk about protecting each other and it's just an excuse to make war. And all the time I hear people talking about child molesters and all the while saluting their glad or whatever, saying how proud they are of their kids when they go to "defend their country or faith" or lack of fear. But if I' m right (and I am) everything people do is the same. Touching kids, burning their hand on a stove. There's going to be so much suffering and people think they know it all. People are so sick it's unimaginable. They actually spread that garbage about protecting people from predators and lie about the fact that it's 7.5 billion people with no idea warring like it's a game. If they knew they wouldn't be worried about whose touching kids. They would be running for their lives cause they knew the kids aren't running that fast and that stubbing their toe and losing a millisecond was worse than they could imagine. I can shred that book to pieces (bible, babel) notice any similarities. In the garden story the writer says there is a flaming sword circling that guards the way to paradise. Except the flaming sword is the sun (and the author didn't know that, when people tell lies they knowingly leave clues). But look at the bible and people's basic beliefs; there is no remission of sins without the shedding of blood. That statement is crazy�⚠�. It's saying the way to stop blood shed is to spill more. And I'm not preaching, I know there are appx 7.5 billion gamblers on this earth who care about nothing. I could go on and on about that book. The author/s are just like the people of today. Jesus ruling with a rod of iron is correction and belief they can be forgiven. But the sun was the sword and heaven was out in heaven. Except there's nothing out there for who knows, 50 zillion zillion light years. Jesus, Elijah or anyone else rose from the dead and went to heaven in their bodies. 25 million miles to venus, the closest planet to us. I love saying jokingly, I don't know if jesus is going to make it back in time, especially if he doesn't have his white horse on the way there. But when I say I know a lot and have a lot of answers I do, but you have to realize blasphemy isn't just fighting god, it's complete darkness. All the answers can add to zero because truth is gone. Because if no one can be saved, and one person who is born 1000 years ago lives a more moral life (and so lives longer) but is thrown to everlasting torment first it wouldn't be fair. By the way another false conception we have, I think, is we have to be dead to burn. I think all environments can cause unending torment. If you freeze to death the pain is the same. Adam probably wasn't even a person as with noah. They're just stories and sick ones at that. But if you knew how bad dying was you would realize that touching a little kid in a bad way is the same as eating a hamburger (when I say that you never really know because you could be shot by an animal activist for eating a hamburger just like a children's rights person) but all death is the same. And killing a child would be worse according to many people's beliefs because it will go to hell. Except if people realized that people in general don't even care, they'd be more hopeful children and adults alike would get the punishment they deserve. Think about the story about Sodom and the men who tried to sleep with the angels. Now think about it a recent tragedy where a lot of people died. There's no way a lot of those people didn't go to hell right? And people are always saying how tragic it was. If they had said that and the story were true, they would have been killed by god for sympathizing with the lowest kind of people. But people wouldn't even know if they'd blasphemed because they're lost. I'm sure there aren't angels or demons, and that god is the only being that is not created from matter. I'll post my notes another time, I'm tired now.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #116

Post by Kenisaw »

[Replying to post 115 by evilsorcerer1]

I look forward to your notes, but I have to admit I can't suss out what the point was of your previous post. Perhaps your notes will clear that up for me. If not, I'll be sure to ask you for clarification.

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

notes

Post #117

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

I haven't got a chance to straighten my notes out, but I wrote this tonight;

Interpretation of Genesis Ch 11

Due to the fact that I (the author of the bible) had never even seen another human being in all my time on the earth and that it couldn’t be possible there were more than two people created in the beginning (I’m the one who wrote the story about the garden and I’m never wrong), I think god must have realized how divine my writings were and confused the languages. If he didn’t, my writings probably would have made people smart enough to reach heaven and overthrow god (this guy didn’t blaspheme).
So he divided the people into different nationalities - I’m guessing when god made adam and eve skins in the garden that’s what he was talking about - then scattered them all over the earth. He probably used the same whirlwind he’ll use to take elijah to heaven. Strange I thought it might be called babel for another reason. Babel, bible, abel.

other words and meanings decoded; Moses in the basket -
moses-basket noah - ark david - ark of the covenant jonah - belly of the whale
tents - things people lived in because they didn’t know how to build houses; **and Noah began to be a farmer, and he planted a vineyard. 21 Then he drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent.** uncovered - the true symbolism of the character revealed; cubits - measurements
people used to describe objects with flat bottoms and sides; bark - how people built boats without tools;
the devil - everything when you’re like me and want to defeat god so you can destroy everything blasphemy - the serpent tricking adam and eve in the garden of eden; the serpent - what adam and eve unknowingly called god; god - what the people unknowingly call themselves ; skins god made for adam and eve; things snakes can shed but humans can’t; given to us in the beginning, not later when he confused the languages; eastward where the garden was - Jordan (jordan, garden) and probably as far as they could walk to escape the desert; noah was moses; river - one of the things flowing out of the garden, what noah thought he was crossing; ocean - what noah was really crossing; basket is to casket as river is to ocean; jonah (noah, jesus, all people) after death; burning bush - Moses (noah) when he realized he hadn’t heard from god; The great abyss the devil will be thrown into in Revelation - that thing that used to be where the ocean is now, which the author of the bible tried to cover up with fire and brimstone from Sodom and Gomorrah. Before that the world was flat and it hadn’t rained and you could just fall off; fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah for people trying to sleep with angels - volcano eruption after a child of god died so there would be no problem they were defiled by our existence. the bottomless pit - where we go when we ide; since man is matter he must be ressurrected in the destruction of the world; when we die we cease to exist, thus the phrase “bottomless pit�. there will be no time because we don’t exist and in the same instant will be ressurrected with all people that have ever existed at the same time; fire, ice, metal - all the things that can cause pain and our physical selves will be ressurrected to exist in eternal judgement, not just fire. if we can feel pain and live here, we should be able to live and feel unlimited pain later ;

Wootah
Savant

Post #118

Post by Wootah »

evilsorcerer1 wrote: I haven't got a chance to straighten my notes out, but I wrote this tonight;

Interpretation of Genesis Ch 11

Due to the fact that I (the author of the bible) had never even seen another human being in all my time on the earth and that it couldn’t be possible there were more than two people created in the beginning (I’m the one who wrote the story about the garden and I’m never wrong), I think god must have realized how divine my writings were and confused the languages. If he didn’t, my writings probably would have made people smart enough to reach heaven and overthrow god (this guy didn’t blaspheme).
So he divided the people into different nationalities - I’m guessing when god made adam and eve skins in the garden that’s what he was talking about - then scattered them all over the earth. He probably used the same whirlwind he’ll use to take elijah to heaven. Strange I thought it might be called babel for another reason. Babel, bible, abel.

other words and meanings decoded; Moses in the basket -
moses-basket noah - ark david - ark of the covenant jonah - belly of the whale
tents - things people lived in because they didn’t know how to build houses; **and Noah began to be a farmer, and he planted a vineyard. 21 Then he drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent.** uncovered - the true symbolism of the character revealed; cubits - measurements
people used to describe objects with flat bottoms and sides; bark - how people built boats without tools;
the devil - everything when you’re like me and want to defeat god so you can destroy everything blasphemy - the serpent tricking adam and eve in the garden of eden; the serpent - what adam and eve unknowingly called god; god - what the people unknowingly call themselves ; skins god made for adam and eve; things snakes can shed but humans can’t; given to us in the beginning, not later when he confused the languages; eastward where the garden was - Jordan (jordan, garden) and probably as far as they could walk to escape the desert; noah was moses; river - one of the things flowing out of the garden, what noah thought he was crossing; ocean - what noah was really crossing; basket is to casket as river is to ocean; jonah (noah, jesus, all people) after death; burning bush - Moses (noah) when he realized he hadn’t heard from god; The great abyss the devil will be thrown into in Revelation - that thing that used to be where the ocean is now, which the author of the bible tried to cover up with fire and brimstone from Sodom and Gomorrah. Before that the world was flat and it hadn’t rained and you could just fall off; fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah for people trying to sleep with angels - volcano eruption after a child of god died so there would be no problem they were defiled by our existence. the bottomless pit - where we go when we ide; since man is matter he must be ressurrected in the destruction of the world; when we die we cease to exist, thus the phrase “bottomless pit�. there will be no time because we don’t exist and in the same instant will be ressurrected with all people that have ever existed at the same time; fire, ice, metal - all the things that can cause pain and our physical selves will be ressurrected to exist in eternal judgement, not just fire. if we can feel pain and live here, we should be able to live and feel unlimited pain later ;
Moderator Comment
Please be clear in your posts and relevant to the topic.
Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Revelations won
Sage

Post #119

Post by Revelations won »

In the OP of this topic it appears that the author has chosen to place himself above the creator.

From my viewpoint, I see that God, our divine creator is extremely experienced in the creation of the heavens and worlds without number. At present there is no man or woman that is capable of numbering the creations of God, since none of us has the means in the first place to discover all his creations. I think it may be safe to say that there is no end to his creations, for this is obviously an ongoing process. Even on this earth we are told that when it has fulfilled it's current destiny, he will proceed to create a "New heaven and a new earth".

The Lord prepared a garden eastward in Eden for Adam and his posterity. In Genesis we are told that all these creation were "good".

Further everything and every person in this garden was placed there for a divine purpose. There was NO mistake or failure in God's plan, as everything went according to his plans, which never fail. (Remember that He knows fully the beginning and the end of his designs for this earth.)

As I see it, God's ultimate work and glory is: " to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man".

Is there anyone who can demonstrate any error or failure in His divine plan?

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #120

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 119 by Revelations won]
In the OP of this topic it appears that the author has chosen to place himself above the creator.

But your comments assume that there IS a creator, which of course then allows everything to be attributed to that entity as described in whichever holy text is used. I think the OP was meant to prompt a discussion on science vs. the bible as far as human knowledge of certain physical properties. But if you assume that there was a creator in the first place, then there is no room for debate ... just take the holy text of interest at face value and everything is neatly explained.

The problem is when these explanations are at odds with known science of the modern day. In that case the details of the holy texts can be questioned and often shown to be false (eg. Noah's flood, correct age of the Earth, etc.). Debates on these subjects are not putting ones self above the "creator", but looking at the issues through the eyes of modern science and arriving at rational conclusions based on observation and analysis.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain