Questions about the Earth

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

servant
Apprentice

Post #1

Post by servant »

Did science or the bible first note that the earth hangs on nothing?

Did science or the bible first note that the earth was a circle and not flat?

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #91

Post by alexxcJRO »

Trump wrote:
With a flat earth, under a protective dome the Big Bang is just a science fiction fairytale. And since the Big Bang is the best that pseudoscience can do as far as an alternate creator, Bible-God for mankind would remain the sole Creator, just as He always was.
Nonsense. :-s :shock: :?
The Bing Bang Model not does say nothing about what was the cause of the Universe, only describes how the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state-The Singularity.
It was a believer in a Creator, a Belgian Catholic priest by the name: Georges Lemaître who is 1927 proposed an expanding model for the universe to explain the observed redshifts of spiral nebulae, and calculated the Hubble law.
In fact religious people are happy with the Bing Bang Model because it somewhat postulates a beginning of the universe, leaves room for a Creator unlike an eternal universe which was prevalent before and left no room for a Creator.
One of the well-known Christian apologist W.L. Craig is a great defender of the Bing Bang Model.

So you have no argument here.

Trump wrote: And of course I would have to resort to YouTube videos showing people videoing the rockets turning, and even crashing into the ocean, which you don't consider as evidence.
The rockets or shuttles exploding and crashing into ocean is not proof of conspiracy but of malfunctioning. Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986, which broke apart and killed the seven-member crew 73 seconds after liftoff.

Trump wrote: Yes, I understand. And in the manner of NASA, you took the authority to judge what is, and what is not considered evidence. read your and others responding to this OP.

NASA is the sole authority on space and space exploration in the whole world. And since space is fake, no real science is being dedicated towards it.

You haven’t provided any conclusive evidence.
I asked you several times to provide evidence that the picture I posted is CGI and didn’t provide any.

Q: Care to do that now?:eyebrow:

Please provide evidence other then your word then this pic is CGI:

Trump wrote:
Your trig is flawed, you start with NASA's given height for the speed of the ISS
You have two people 370 miles apart who may work for NASA, or are supported by NASA claiming they just seen the ISS pass by them.

We only have the distance between the two observers and the angles.
The height between the ISS and the surface of the Earth is calculated via basic trigonometry.

Q: Do you understand basic trigonometry?

Q: Can you point to the things in the calculations you have problems with? I can explain further.

Here again:

You can do this with a friend. Care to do this? :eyebrow:

Trump wrote: Sure, one big enough that could qualify for a scientific experiment "for the rotation of the earth", or NASA certified, otherwise wouldn't qualify to debunk NASA. And let's not forget to take it around the world doing experiments on the way, you forget I, nor any flat earther I know get Billions of dollars a month to afford such a task.

Is a lot easier to build. And it does not cost you that much.

Here:

“Although the original Foucault pendulum was very large, you can make a smaller version. However, you'll have to do this outdoors on a windless day. Here's what you'll need:
Cloth or canvas sack; Fine, dry sand; Large garbage bag ; Nail ;Nylon cord, 13 feet (4 meters) long
Tall stable structure, such as a 12-to-15 foot (3.7-to-4.6 meter) ladder or swing set; Tape;

Here's how to make a Foucault pendulum:

Fill the sack with sand.
Check that the sack has no holes by lifting it up and gently shaking it.
Seal the sack with the cord.
Hang the sack from the high structure.
Poke a hole in the bottom of the sack with the nail. Make the hole a little larger than the tip of a pen, so the sand doesn't come out too fast. Check the rate of flow -- you should see a slow, steady stream. Adjust the size of the hole if necessary.
Seal the hole with tape.
Spread a garbage bag under the pendulum, so it covers the surrounding area.�
Check that the sack is hanging straight down. Adjust the cord or sack if necessary.
Pull the sack back while keeping the cord taut until it's around 4 feet (1.2 meters) above the ground.
Remove the tape from the hole and carefully start the pendulum swinging in a straight line. It shouldn't swing in an ellipse.
Let the sack swing for an hour, gently pushing the cord whenever it starts slowing down. Be careful to push it in the direction of the swing; don't shift or redirect the cord.
Watch the sand traces on the garbage bag -- each trace should be slightly offset from the previous one. The direction and distance between each trace depends on the hemisphere and latitude of your location.�
http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-impr ... ndulum.htm

Trump wrote: “I said the Gyroscope experiments did not show any movement of the earth.

Mechanical gyroscopes are usually too crude to detect Earth's rotation. The static friction in the bearings and the imperfect balancing prevents that. You need a much more sensitive device. Only expensive military-grade gyroscopes, ring laser gyroscopes, and other special high-sensitivity gyroscopes are sensitive enough to measure such slow rotations.

You and your friends FE can buy one these. They are affordable:
http://www.inertial.co.uk/list_products ... odCatID=37

Trump wrote: I mentioned this before, your earth is not just spinning, it is also twirling through space, your Milky Way is also twisting and swirling, and yet no mention of the effects of all these other movements on the Foucault Pendulum: “
Irrelevant.
If the Earth were not rotating aka Flat Earth, the Pendulum wouldn’t precess, it would just swing through the same arc over and over, never tracing out any different path than the one it started on.
Since it precess, therefore the Flat Earth nonsense is debunked. Plain and simple. ;)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Questions about the Earth

Post #92

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 90 by Trump]
all because of an imaginary gravity, which won't pull the satellites or the ISS in, yet holds the giant moon in a spinning orbit, and the sun which is gigantic in mass, won't pull the moon away from the earth? just how much drugs have they put in our water to make us believe this stuff?

Yet again, you are leaving out crucial facts. Things orbiting other things are in a balance between the gravitational pulls they both exert on each other, and tangential velocities. A smaller moon orbiting a larger planet would not orbit if it were not also traveling at a sufficient speed to balance the gravitational pull. When these are in balance you have a stable orbit. Here is some reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_mechanics

You are commenting as if the moon and planets are simply sitting stationary in space and not moving ... but that is not the case.

I can see that you have to trash NASA (and presumably ESA and the Russian and Chinese space programs, and India, etc.) because their results over the last many decades have shown that the Earth is not flat, the orbital mechanics of our own solar system are correctly understood, and they support everything else you are arguing against. So your step #1 has to be to try and discredit NASA and similar organizations so that you can write off an overwhelming amount of proof against your flat Earth nonsense. Then, once that step is taken, you are resorting to false analogies and comparisons that are orders of magnitude out on demonstrating the point you are trying to make, so in fact don't do anything to support your assertions.

Mars rovers are real and quite a few have been successfully deployed on Mars. These aren't imaginary things. I was involved in the MVACS lander in the late 1990s and I designed and built the two tunable diode laser spectrometers for that lander that we tested in the lab, got space qualified, and we got to Mars:

https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msp98/mvacs/i ... s/met.html

(and other links are there for the overall mission).

Unfortunately, a software bug that kicked in about 100m above the surface caused the thrusters to shut off early and $165M worth of effort crashed onto the surface near 70 deg south latitude on Mars. So I have hardware scattered on the Martian surface and I can tell you the 4 year effort to build it and get it there was not some trick to fool the public. The physics and engineering needed to get the craft there was also based on pretty much everything you are trashing.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

KenRU
Guru

Post #93

Post by KenRU »

Trump wrote: These same Catholic Christians, or their Marines the Jesuits invented the Globe, which about 500 years ago placed in every school even in Ming China, or so I read from books and off the internet.

Jump to 2016, and here we have a Jesuit as a Pope, who announces the finale of a long dark symphony of the plan to rule over mans hearts, souls and minds and take over the position of the Most High.
Oooooh, it was the Catholics! Now it makes sense.

I was brought up Catholic, but I must have missed those secret meetings about taking over the minds and hearts of everyone. Drat! See what happens when you miss staff meetings?

Just out of morbid curiosity, how does maintaining the massive lie of a FE fit into a Catholic conspiracy? I don't see a link, can you help an ex-Catholic out and explain to me what I missed in CCD?

Also, could you comment on why you believe it is possible for so many ppl to keep this secret from the media and the general populace? That seems like a huge stretch of credulity to me. I tend to put a lot of credence in the old adage: three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Let alone thousands of people.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Trump
Banned
Banned

Post #94

Post by Trump »

alexxcJRO wrote:
Trump wrote:
With a flat earth, under a protective dome the Big Bang is just a science fiction fairytale. And since the Big Bang is the best that pseudoscience can do as far as an alternate creator, Bible-God for mankind would remain the sole Creator, just as He always was.
The Bing Bang Model not does say nothing about what was the cause of the Universe, only describes how the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state-The Singularity.
It was a believer in a Creator, a Belgian Catholic priest by the name: Georges Lemaître who is 1927 proposed an expanding model for the universe to explain the observed redshifts of spiral nebulae, and calculated the Hubble law.
In fact religious people are happy with the Bing Bang Model because it somewhat postulates a beginning of the universe, leaves room for a Creator unlike an eternal universe which was prevalent before and left no room for a Creator.
One of the well-known Christian apologist W.L. Craig is a great defender of the Bing Bang Model.

So you have no argument here.
"In fact religious people are happy with the Bing Bang Model, .." that's what I've been saying, thank you.
Trump wrote: And of course I would have to resort to YouTube videos showing people videoing the rockets turning, and even crashing into the ocean, which you don't consider as evidence.
The rockets or shuttles exploding and crashing into ocean is not proof of conspiracy but of malfunctioning. Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986, which broke apart and killed the seven-member crew 73 seconds after liftoff.
I wasn't talking about the 1986 Challenger fake accident, I was pointing out that all the other rocket launches that they claim made it into space, yet they turn, and dive into the oceans.

As for the Shuttle explosion, here is the crew of the Challenger, which is what it was planned for, a Challenge to see if everyone would believed it or not/ It worked, just like the Moon landing, and 9-11 and NASA's Mars Rover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HQSptqjp60
Trump wrote: Yes, I understand. And in the manner of NASA, you took the authority to judge what is, and what is not considered evidence. read your and others responding to this OP.

NASA is the sole authority on space and space exploration in the whole world. And since space is fake, no real science is being dedicated towards it.
You haven’t provided any conclusive evidence.
I asked you several times to provide evidence that the picture I posted is CGI and didn’t provide any.

Q: Care to do that now?:eyebrow:
Please provide evidence other then your word then this pic is CGI:
Image[/quote]

You still don't get it, all, .. yes all NASA pictures of satellites "in space" are fake. The satellites themselves are real mock satellites, no different than the Millennium Falcon is. but them being in space is fake.
I can't show you what a real satellite in space would look like because there never was any in space. Space doesn't exist.

Even you or I could create much better images than these.

Why? Because NASA doesn't worry about the garbage they put out, since there is no one either on Earth (man loves to be deceived, is why we love movies), nor in Heaven that can, or will oppose them. Even God holds back in order to fulfill Scripture:

2 Thessalonians 2:5 (KJV)
Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Trump wrote:
Your trig is flawed, you start with NASA's given height for the speed of the ISS
You have two people 370 miles apart who may work for NASA, or are supported by NASA claiming they just seen the ISS pass by them.

We only have the distance between the two observers and the angles.
The height between the ISS and the surface of the Earth is calculated via basic trigonometry.

Q: Do you understand basic trigonometry?

Here again:

You can do this with a friend. Care to do this? :eyebrow:

OK, I see you noticed me trying to avoid this complex mathematics, and yes, I understand the very basic concept of trigonometry, that's as far as I can go. But something like this, well, I have to admit is way above and beyond my level of comprehension, simply put; it's way over my head!

I mean who but NASA quantum theorists/mathematicians could eyeball the ISS flying through space at 1,310,000 feet above their heads, traveling at 17,150.0000000000000000 (16 decimals as you have in that trig example) mph to get h=5.118 6853221011731 to the accuracy of +- .0000000000000370 inches? That's 16 digits passed the decimal point accuracy, so you got me there, my trig-eyes are not that good as they used to be.
alexxcJRO wrote: Q: Can you point to the things in the calculations you have problems with? I can explain further.
Well, if we are going with 16 digits passed the decimal point accuracy, yes, I have a lot of questions and need a lot of NASA-level help.

1) is the ISS traveling with, or against the rotation of the earth, because I would have to figure out the latitude me and my friend is standing on, and either add or subtract from the 17,150.000 mph speed of the ISS.

2) I read somewhere that light travels at 186,282 feet per second, so to get 16 digit passed the decimal point accuracy, I would have to know how many miles/feet/inches the ISS actually traveled before its light hit my eyeballs.

3) I don't see any of the relativistic effects calculated in your diagram, like time dilation and length contraction? At 16 digit below the decimal point accuracy, even at these low speeds, these would matter. Look how our GPS is solely dependent on the speed of light.

4) is the triangle in the diagram a 3-D triangle? If it is, what is the actual distance for (d1), and which direction does that line go because that would be another triangle that has to be calculated out.

5) communication between observer1 and observer2 is done how, smoke signal, phone? When do I start the atomic-clock from the time the ISS passes right over the other observers head?

6) does the ISS pass right over his head and will travel exactly over my head (d2) position is extremely important, or like I asked about (d1) will it travel at some distance from one or both of us because the farther the ISS is, the slower it will 'look' to our eyes, would throw off everything especially at 16 digit accuracy.

7) But most importantly, when me and my FE buddy look up, how do we know the ISS we see is not a hologram flashed across our chem-trailed sky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adG84_6MU5E

NASA 80 year rule of thumb: Keep The Lie Big!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie
Here is the easy-read version;

never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it
Trump wrote: Sure, one big enough that could qualify for a scientific experiment "for the rotation of the earth", or NASA certified, otherwise wouldn't qualify to debunk NASA. And let's not forget to take it around the world doing experiments on the way, you forget I, nor any flat earther I know get Billions of dollars a month to afford such a task.

Is a lot easier to build. And it does not cost you that much.

Here:

“Although the original Foucault pendulum was very large, you can make a smaller version. However, you'll have to do this outdoors on a windless day. Here's what you'll need:
Cloth or canvas sack; Fine, dry sand; Large garbage bag ; Nail ;Nylon cord, 13 feet (4 meters) long
Tall stable structure, such as a 12-to-15 foot (3.7-to-4.6 meter) ladder or swing set; Tape;

Here's how to make a Foucault pendulum:

Fill the sack with sand.
Check that the sack has no holes by lifting it up and gently shaking it.
Seal the sack with the cord.
Hang the sack from the high structure.
Poke a hole in the bottom of the sack with the nail. Make the hole a little larger than the tip of a pen, so the sand doesn't come out too fast. Check the rate of flow -- you should see a slow, steady stream. Adjust the size of the hole if necessary.
Seal the hole with tape.
Spread a garbage bag under the pendulum, so it covers the surrounding area.�
Check that the sack is hanging straight down. Adjust the cord or sack if necessary.
Pull the sack back while keeping the cord taut until it's around 4 feet (1.2 meters) above the ground.
Remove the tape from the hole and carefully start the pendulum swinging in a straight line. It shouldn't swing in an ellipse.
Let the sack swing for an hour, gently pushing the cord whenever it starts slowing down. Be careful to push it in the direction of the swing; don't shift or redirect the cord.
Watch the sand traces on the garbage bag -- each trace should be slightly offset from the previous one. The direction and distance between each trace depends on the hemisphere and latitude of your location.�
http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-impr ... ndulum.htm
Now this may be hard to understand for Globe Earthers, but if your Earth is spinning, and you let your pendulum swing, what you see it doing, is exactly what it supposed to do on a spinning globe.
If you let it go a little different, like even with a .0001 variation at the top from the other swing, it will now swing a little different.
If You go to France on your spinning globe and let your Pendulum swing, that is how the Pendulum swings in France on a spinning globe.
If you take your Pendulum to the North, or the South poles on your spinning globe and let the Pendulum swing, THAT is how the Pendulum swings on the North or South Pole on a spinning globe.

Chicago Ill is windy, Miami Fl is humid, we don't say: "Look, Chicago is windy, it proves the earth is a spinning ball!" I mean really, what on Gods Flat Earth were you expecting?

OK, I'll ask you again; how is the Foucault Pendulum supposed to swing if it was on Gods immovable stationary Earth? If you can show me that for comparison, I will build a Pendulum. Otherwise please stop with this "Foucault's Pendulum proves the Earth is spinning" deception.
Funny, the Foucault Pendulum swings the same way on our stationary Flat Earth, as it does on your Spinning Pear-shaped Globe Earth!

Now go and ask NASA to point that billions of dollars we spent on that Hubble telescope towards the earth, zoom in and let us watch the Earth spinning for a few weeks, that'll shut all us flat Earthers up, right? And please, no fisheye lenses OK? Use that only to spot all them black holes.
Trump wrote: “I said the Gyroscope experiments did not show any movement of the earth.
Mechanical gyroscopes are usually too crude to detect Earth's rotation. The static friction in the bearings and the imperfect balancing prevents that. You need a much more sensitive device. Only expensive military-grade gyroscopes, ring laser gyroscopes, and other special high-sensitivity gyroscopes are sensitive enough to measure such slow rotations.

You and your friends FE can buy one these. They are affordable:
http://www.inertial.co.uk/list_products ... odCatID=37
Why, is that NASA approved? You know, like you're not allowed to visit Chernobyl for the day with your own top-of-the-line Geiger counter, instead you are to use one of theirs, the cheap Russian one?
Trump wrote: I mentioned this before, your earth is not just spinning, it is also twirling through space, your Milky Way is also twisting and swirling, and yet no mention of the effects of all these other movements on the Foucault Pendulum: “
Irrelevant.
If the Earth were not rotating aka Flat Earth, the Pendulum wouldn’t precess, it would just swing through the same arc over and over, never tracing out any different path than the one it started on.
Since it precess, therefore the Flat Earth nonsense is debunked. Plain and simple. ;)
You keep avoiding the question.
I said your Globe Earth does a lot more than just spin on its axis, it's supposedly spinning, twirling, orbiting the sun, swirling through the Milky Way, which is also expanding away from all the other galaxies (except Andromeda),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

why aren't they calculating all that into the Pendulum's movement? But no, just that it's spinning, as if they knew what it would do if it didn't spin?

By the way, why don't they have two identical Foucault Pendulums next to each other?

I know, because they would be moving in different paths, dependent upon how you threw it into the spin. Same like the US vs. Australia toilet flushing hoax they use to prove the earth is a spinning ball.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #95

Post by alexxcJRO »

Trump wrote:
Trump wrote: In fact religious people are happy with the Bing Bang Model, .." that's what I've been saying, thank you.
Exactly. :))

The current model of the Universe: Big Bang, Gravity, Oblate Spheroid Earth leaves room for a Creator. In fact the Bing Bang model was first proposed by a believer in a Creator: a priest and it’s defended with passion by the defenders of religion, themselves believers in a Creator.
So your reason for the conspiracy: Flat Earth would prove a Creator is render moot.
Therefore there is no reason to have a conspiracy. Got it?!!!

Trump wrote: I wasn't talking about the 1986 Challenger fake accident, I was pointing out that all the other rocket launches that they claim made it into space, yet they turn, and dive into the oceans.
Here two video that shows a rocked going into space, showing the separation at 1:07:

Another one from European Space Agency.

No dome. No turn. No dome and other nonsense. 8-)

Trump wrote: You still don't get it, all, .. yes all NASA pictures of satellites "in space" are fake. The satellites themselves are real mock satellites, no different than the Millennium Falcon is. but them being in space is fake.
I can't show you what a real satellite in space would look like because there never was any in space. Space doesn't exist.

Even you or I could create much better images than these.

Why? Because NASA doesn't worry about the garbage they put out, since there is no one either on Earth (man loves to be deceived, is why we love movies), nor in Heaven that can, or will oppose them. Even God holds back in order to fulfill Scripture:
So again no evidence, just you saying it’s CGI and some bible verses.
For the last time this is a debate forum. I have shown you the rules.
Claims require evidence.
Opinions are not evidence.
If you don’t have any evidence to demonstrate this image is CGI please drop the claim.
Trump wrote: OK, I see you noticed me trying to avoid this complex mathematics, and yes, I understand the very basic concept of trigonometry, that's as far as I can go. But something like this, well, I have to admit is way above and beyond my level of comprehension, simply put; it's way over my head!

I mean who but NASA quantum theorists/mathematicians could eyeball the ISS flying through space at 1,310,000 feet above their heads, traveling at 17,150.0000000000000000 (16 decimals as you have in that trig example) mph to get h=5.118 6853221011731 to the accuracy of +- .0000000000000370 inches? That's 16 digits passed the decimal point accuracy, so you got me there, my trig-eyes are not that good as they used to be.
Well, if we are going with 16 digits passed the decimal point accuracy, yes, I have a lot of questions and need a lot of NASA-level help.

1) is the ISS traveling with, or against the rotation of the earth, because I would have to figure out the latitude me and my friend is standing on, and either add or subtract from the 17,150.000 mph speed of the ISS.

2) I read somewhere that light travels at 186,282 feet per second, so to get 16 digit passed the decimal point accuracy, I would have to know how many miles/feet/inches the ISS actually traveled before its light hit my eyeballs.

3) I don't see any of the relativistic effects calculated in your diagram, like time dilation and length contraction? At 16 digit below the decimal point accuracy, even at these low speeds, these would matter. Look how our GPS is solely dependent on the speed of light.

4) is the triangle in the diagram a 3-D triangle? If it is, what is the actual distance for (d1), and which direction does that line go because that would be another triangle that has to be calculated out.

5) communication between observer1 and observer2 is done how, smoke signal, phone? When do I start the atomic-clock from the time the ISS passes right over the other observers head?

6) does the ISS pass right over his head and will travel exactly over my head (d2) position is extremely important, or like I asked about (d1) will it travel at some distance from one or both of us because the farther the ISS is, the slower it will 'look' to our eyes, would throw off everything especially at 16 digit accuracy.

7) But most importantly, when me and my FE buddy look up, how do we know the ISS we see is not a hologram flashed across our chem-trailed sky?

Man this is plain geometry. Trigonometry in the Right Triangle.
If you can’t figure this out there is no point.
It’s clear you know nothing of plain geometry or spacial geometry and trigonometry. This is basic stuff I did back in 8th Grade.

Ask a friend who knows math to confirm that the math is solid.
Or you could take time and learn some math. This is not difficult stuff.
Any argument you make against it it’s an argument from ignorance and therefore invalid.
Trump wrote: OK, I'll ask you again; how is the Foucault Pendulum supposed to swing if it was on Gods immovable stationary Earth? If you can show me that for comparison, I will build a Pendulum.

You keep avoiding the question.
I said your Globe Earth does a lot more than just spin on its axis, it's supposedly spinning, twirling, orbiting the sun, swirling through the Milky Way, which is also expanding away from all the other galaxies (except Andromeda),
By the way, why don't they have two identical Foucault Pendulums next to each other?
Man the 10th time.
If the Earth were flat the Foucault Pendulum wouldn’t precess, it would just swing through the same arc over and over, never tracing out any different path than the one it started on.
But since it precess, change his swinging path, change the arc; therefore it points to a rotating Earth. Therefore the “immovable stationary Earth nonsense� is debunked. Plain and simple.
Build a pendulum or two identical next to each other and do the experiment.

Trump wrote: “Why, is that NASA approved? You know, like you're not allowed to visit Chernobyl for the day with your own top-of-the-line Geiger counter, instead you are to use one of theirs, the cheap Russian one? “
Dude, Inertial Aerosystems is private company, part of the ETLG group of companies, is a value added distributor of high technology sensors and systems to the Aerospace, Defence, Offshore and Industrial markets.
You and you friends FE have no excuse.
Buy one of these non-mechanical gyroscopes and test it out.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Trump
Banned
Banned

Post #96

Post by Trump »

KenRU wrote:
Trump wrote: These same Catholic Christians, or their Marines the Jesuits invented the Globe, which about 500 years ago placed in every school even in Ming China, or so I read from books and off the internet.

Jump to 2016, and here we have a Jesuit as a Pope, who announces the finale of a long dark symphony of the plan to rule over mans hearts, souls and minds and take over the position of the Most High.

I was brought up Catholic, but I must have missed those secret meetings about taking over the minds and hearts of everyone. Drat! See what happens when you miss staff meetings?
hello Ken RU, missed your staff meeting, you are funny.
KenRU wrote:Just out of morbid curiosity, how does maintaining the massive lie of a FE fit into a Catholic conspiracy? I don't see a link, can you help an ex-Catholic out and explain to me what I missed in CCD?
Well, I'll try? I hope you don't mind YouTube videos, saves a lot of typing. These short videos should bring you up to date on your Catholic religion, which hopefully, will satisfy your morbid curiosoty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2UWppHLdbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVupdK_pBU

Also look up who invented the Big bang theory, or who put the globes in all the classrooms even in Ming China, that should bring you up to date.
KenRU wrote:Also, could you comment on why you believe it is possible for so many ppl to keep this secret from the media and the general populace? That seems like a huge stretch of credulity to me. I tend to put a lot of credence in the old adage: three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Let alone thousands of people.
More like 6 billion, and was never hid from the media. It was always there.
As you seen in those few initial videos above, it is not a secret, never was. Only we were always a part of the secrecy, this is why it took so long to do something about the Catholic Priests molesting children. Even after that, we never hear anything about it anymore.

Look, here is what organized religion is about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGukAoiGhZU

Have you done your pilgrimage yet? The Kaaba awaits. see there is like 2 million people right there.
Most of my life I was totally unaware that people actually did this, nor did anyone I grew up with, or they just never talked about it? and I even have Muslim friends.
Well same with the Flat Earth, until like 8 months ago I knew nothing about it.

Was it kept a secret?

Also the History of the Catholic Church as to what, how and who they worshipped, all the blood baths, the tortures of the innocent, the crucifixions, the burning at the stake, child molestations, nun rapes etc. none of that was ever a secret. This went on for over 1,700 years, how is it possible that you (or I) never knew about it?

Or did we? All we have to do is look, that's all I did was take another look at what I have always been watching. It's funny how I have seen a curve where there was none.
"Of course the earth is a ball, and there are billions of planets out there, and we landed on the moon, well duh! And we're going to Mars, we already landed a Rover there, what planet are you from? Have you been living in a cave?"

that was me 8 months ago responding to a Flat Earther. You know what, these next verses have a whole new meaning now:

Genesis 7:23 So He (God) destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him (8 in all) in the ark remained alive.

I wonder how many of the millions said as they were drowning: "But I didn't even know about this?"

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #97

Post by Kenisaw »

[Replying to post 94 by Trump]

It's amazing how many things are being faked by so many people. There must be legions of folks spending enormous amounts of time and money, producing all manner of manufactured media, so that the hoi polloi can be duped into believing that the world is round.

It makes perfect sense that something that has zero affect on our daily lives (whether the planet is round or flat) is the center of a vast conspiracy that requires the most coordinated effort known to mankind. Absolute perfect sense....

KenRU
Guru

Post #98

Post by KenRU »

Trump wrote:
KenRU wrote:

hello Ken RU, missed your staff meeting, you are funny.
Thank you. It’s easy when you have good material to work with.
KenRU wrote:Just out of morbid curiosity, how does maintaining the massive lie of a FE fit into a Catholic conspiracy? I don't see a link, can you help an ex-Catholic out and explain to me what I missed in CCD?
Well, I'll try? I hope you don't mind YouTube videos, saves a lot of typing. These short videos should bring you up to date on your Catholic religion, which hopefully, will satisfy your morbid curiosoty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2UWppHLdbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVupdK_pBU
No, if you can’t summarize it for me, then I can only conclude that it is irrelevant and treat it as such.
Also look up who invented the Big bang theory, or who put the globes in all the classrooms even in Ming China, that should bring you up to date.
Please state your point, and make your argument. I’m not going to do your work for you.

Claim treated accordingly.
KenRU wrote:Also, could you comment on why you believe it is possible for so many ppl to keep this secret from the media and the general populace? That seems like a huge stretch of credulity to me. I tend to put a lot of credence in the old adage: three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Let alone thousands of people.
More like 6 billion, and was never hid from the media. It was always there.
As you seen in those few initial videos above, it is not a secret, never was. Only we were always a part of the secrecy, this is why it took so long to do something about the Catholic Priests molesting children. Even after that, we never hear anything about it anymore.
Yes, we DO hear about it all the time on the news. Perhaps you’ve been missing staff meetings?
Look, here is what organized religion is about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGukAoiGhZU
State your case and make your argument succinctly. Otherwise, I will not be commenting.

Claim treated accordingly.
Have you done your pilgrimage yet?
Catholics make pilgrimages? Please do enlighten me.
The Kaaba awaits. see there is like 2 million people right there.
You’ve lost me with this Muslim reference.
Most of my life I was totally unaware that people actually did this, nor did anyone I grew up with, or they just never talked about it? and I even have Muslim friends.
Well same with the Flat Earth, until like 8 months ago I knew nothing about it.
Um, because you know little of the Muslim faith it is therefore believable that the whole world has been tricked into believing the earth is round.

Got it.
Was it kept a secret?
No, it was just discarded due to the MASSIVE amounts of data that says the earth can't possibly be flat.
Also the History of the Catholic Church as to what, how and who they worshipped, all the blood baths, the tortures of the innocent, the crucifixions, the burning at the stake, child molestations, nun rapes etc. none of that was ever a secret. This went on for over 1,700 years, how is it possible that you (or I) never knew about it?
I do know about the (bloody) history of Catholicism. That knowledge is there for anyone to learn. Just open a book or take a history course (though I think you are so far down the rabbit hole that you probably don’t believe that Catholicism is part of Christianity, and that Catholics don't worship god and Jesus).
Or did we? All we have to do is look, that's all I did was take another look at what I have always been watching. It's funny how I have seen a curve where there was none.
"Of course the earth is a ball, and there are billions of planets out there, and we landed on the moon, well duh! And we're going to Mars, we already landed a Rover there, what planet are you from? Have you been living in a cave?"

that was me 8 months ago responding to a Flat Earther. You know what, these next verses have a whole new meaning now:

Genesis 7:23 So He (God) destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him (8 in all) in the ark remained alive.

I wonder how many of the millions said as they were drowning: "But I didn't even know about this?"
Um, ok. Wow. Just wow. Is it me, or is this a big non-sequitor?
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #99

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 98 by KenRU]

It's not you. It is someone who apparently believed the Earth was spherical 8 months ago, found religion and a bunch of YouTube videos arguing for a flat Earth, then out of the blue quoted a verse from Genesis relating to the Noah flood myth as if that had some kind of relationship to the idea of a flat Earth. But I suppose that anyone in the 21st century who could actually believe in a flat Earth against the overwhelming evidence against it could easily believe anything at all. Facts be damned.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #100

Post by DanieltheDragon »

DrNoGods wrote: [Replying to post 98 by KenRU]

It's not you. It is someone who apparently believed the Earth was spherical 8 months ago, found religion and a bunch of YouTube videos arguing for a flat Earth, then out of the blue quoted a verse from Genesis relating to the Noah flood myth as if that had some kind of relationship to the idea of a flat Earth. But I suppose that anyone in the 21st century who could actually believe in a flat Earth against the overwhelming evidence against it could easily believe anything at all. Facts be damned.
I don't think they could believe anything easily at all. After all these people refuse to believe in gravity or a round earth or heliocentrism. No it must take great effort to believe in this junk. And it seems to be rooted in such a profound run away paranoia that it becomes intractable. Not duure it's worth being debated anymore.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.