What would you say to the Almight?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Openmind
Sage

What would you say to the Almight?

Post #1

Post by Openmind »

One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?

Darren
Apprentice

Post #21

Post by Darren »

upallnite wrote:GOD: I AM GOD!

Me: Is your daddy home?
This might be the best answer yet :lol:

muffinmonkey

Post #22

Post by muffinmonkey »

The first thing I'd say is an anagram of sith

Then I'd be talking with an omniscient deity

I'd have some questions I'd tell you that

Antagonist
Student

Post #23

Post by Antagonist »

I would ask him why the altarboy-raping priest next to me goes to heaven. If he doesn't have a reasonable answer (which I assume he hasn't) I'll tell him to suck my ethereal cock.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by McCulloch »

Antagonist wrote:I would ask him why the altarboy-raping priest next to me goes to heaven. If he doesn't have a reasonable answer (which I assume he hasn't) I'll tell him to suck my ethereal cock.
You should have been able to make your point without inviting the Almighty into a sex act. Please try to show a bit more respect and decorum.

There are many Christians who do not believe that unrepentant rapists hypocritically hiding behind the shield of religion and the hierarchy protecting them are not displaying anything like love, grace or forgiveness in their lives.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Darren
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by Darren »

Thanks, Mc Culloch. That reply was a little...antagonistic.
:whistle:

Skeptic
Student

Post #26

Post by Skeptic »

Not to stir the pot but...

Which definition of ethereal do you intend?
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This

Ethereal
adjective
1. characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms" [syn: aeriform]
2. of or containing or dissolved in ether; "ethereal solution"
3. of heaven or the spirit; "celestial peace"; "ethereal melodies"; "the supernal happiness of a quiet death" [syn: celestial]
4. characterized by unusual lightness and delicacy; "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"; "gossamer shading through his playing"

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Being an athiest it is assumed you wouldnt believe in #3.

Darren
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by Darren »

That was excellent. I am going to assume he meant "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"
;)

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by Goat »

Darren wrote:That was excellent. I am going to assume he meant "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"
;)
A rock Cornish rooster??
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Antagonist
Student

Post #29

Post by Antagonist »

Skeptic wrote:Not to stir the pot but...

Which definition of ethereal do you intend?
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This

Ethereal
adjective
1. characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms" [syn: aeriform]
2. of or containing or dissolved in ether; "ethereal solution"
3. of heaven or the spirit; "celestial peace"; "ethereal melodies"; "the supernal happiness of a quiet death" [syn: celestial]
4. characterized by unusual lightness and delicacy; "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"; "gossamer shading through his playing"

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Being an athiest it is assumed you wouldnt believe in #3.
Well I meant unsubstantially but, "characterized by unusual lightness and delicacy" sounds great too ;).

@ McCulloch:

well yeah, I could have a little more respect but I don't. How could I have respect for something that doesn't exist?
How could I ask something that doesn't exist to suck my dangle? Well just to piss people off. Allthough there aren't many people to piss off in the A room since most atheists don't take offence in stuff like that.

Well I'm rattling on, yatta yatta yatta goodbye. :)

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #30

Post by Fallibleone »

I feel I must share my sometimes almost overwhelming desire to reply to that rarest of things - a strong theist argument - after I have been soundly whupped with '...you smell'. NOT very Rogerian.

[/thread hijack]
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''