Essays?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

cdcdcd
Student

Essays?

Post #1

Post by cdcdcd »

Is there a section on this site where essays can be posted?

Sometimes a debate is a bit too full-on, and the Forums a bit too brief and chitty-chatty.

For me, the opportunity to post an essay would provide a usefult opportunity somewhere in between. I would in many cases also prefer to read a well written essay on a particular topic, rather than wade through a large number of posts, many of which are of a trivial chit-chat nature. Another benefit of the idea is that essays will spawn additional discussion on the forums, which is a good thing.

Do others support this idea? This is my first post here, so forgive me if the question is naive, or you already have this facility.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Essays?

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

cdcdcd wrote:Is there a section on this site where essays can be posted?

Sometimes a debate is a bit too full-on, and the Forums a bit too brief and chitty-chatty.

For me, the opportunity to post an essay would provide a usefult opportunity somewhere in between. I would in many cases also prefer to read a well written essay on a particular topic, rather than wade through a large number of posts, many of which are of a trivial chit-chat nature. Another benefit of the idea is that essays will spawn additional discussion on the forums, which is a good thing.

Do others support this idea? This is my first post here, so forgive me if the question is naive, or you already have this facility.
We do have the Random Ramblings forum.
In [i]What is the purpose of this subforum?[/i], Otseng wrote:If you have an urge to express your opinions on a topic, post it here.
The main purpose of this site is to engage in debate. If you essay is about a contentious or debatable issue related to religion, it might be slightly re-written to include a clear question to debate.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John