Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

beloved57
Banned
Banned

Who did Jesus Christ die for ? pt 1

Post #1

Post by beloved57 »

For whom did christ die ? The most controversial question within the religous circles of the ages.. Most all in the world today, believe that Jesus christ died for every human beingi n order to save them, but then turn around and say, the death of christ, in and of itself does not save anyone..but provides everyone in the world a chance or a opportunity for them to save themselves..

I want to tell you though, that the death of christ saved all that he died for, they live[spiritually], because he died for them..

2 cor 5:

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

As paul shares here, christ died for all in order that or for the purpose of them recieving life [ made alive] to live for the glory of God..

This means that we were made alive, created in christ jesus, unto good works, that He before had preapared for us to walk in..

Thats what it means by that, they should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again for them .

rom 4 tells us he rose for[because of] our Justification rom 4:

25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Let us look at two different scriptures to determine what has been revealed by God, as to who Jesus christ died for.

1 jn 2:1,2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

and Jn 11:

50Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad

Let me say this from the start, Jesus christ death was limited and particular in purpose and design, but unlimited as to its scope of reference, no longer zeroing in on one nation of ethnic men, but spreading out to all nations of men..

By the grace of God, I will bring together the two text of scriptures, that will give Gods people an understanding of the death and purpose of christ, the saviour of the world.

lets look at jn 11 51

51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

This statement that Jesus would die for a nation, was an actual prophesy from God, not guess work, but an actual revealation, for it says [ this he spake not of himself]..

So God himself in this particular , limits the intention of the death of christ to one nation [ the jews]

but he does not stop talking, note vs 52

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

but he shall also gather together in one [ one sheepfold, household, one nation] the children of God, that were scattered abroad..

Notice he did not say die but gather together in one. Thats because his death gathers and brings the children of God [ by election] to God, it gives us repentance to come to God..

1 pet 3:

For Christ also hath once suffered[or died] for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might[he shall] bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

So by means of his death, christ brings or gathers his people back to Gods sheepfold..

The same truth is taught in Jn 10:

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

So we see the same sequence of thought, the death or dying[of christ] for a specific people and a bringing to God another group of people..

Notice something about jn 11

50Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

This is saying, that christ death for the nation of israel, was not to save all its inhabitants, but only that some of them will be saved, that the whole nation perish not..

We see words were used depicting the whole for the some in the whole..

This agrees with the principal of election towards israel, notice rom 11:

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This agrees with the train of thought when christ spoke to a lady about the limited design of his mission matt 15:

22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Even the intention within the nation of Israel, was limited to not them as a whole, but only the lost sheep of the house of Israel. God always deals with remants of the whole, yet calls it by the whole..

rom 9:

27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

BTW, this same principle is in effect with the phrase of God so loved the world, yet it was not every single individual, but those that were in the world, that he loved jn 13:

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Jesus loved the world , is to say more specifically, he loves his own chosen ones in the world..

There is a world [kosmos] of people Jesus shall save jn 3:

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might[shall be] be saved.

There is also a world[kosmos] that shall be condemed. 1 cor 11:

32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

There are two distinct purposes to those designated the world, you have the world of Jacobs, and the world of easus..

rom 9:

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Those of us who are of the purpose of God according to election, those He Loves, but of those who are of the purpose of perdition, those He hates..

So we must remeber that Gods world of election is distinct from satans world of reprobation..

Yes God has decreed that satan has his world, a world of the ungodly..2 pet 2:

5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

where also he [satan] is termed the prince of this world

jn 12:

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

jn 14:

30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

jn 16:

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

So the prince and his world of ungodly seed, is Judged and condemed..

The word prince is archon and means= a ruler, commander, chief, leader

This means he rules and governs a world, the seed of satan, in fact, by nature, we too [ the elect] were part of this world, but because of election, and the redemptive blood of christ, we are translated from his dark kingdom into that of our election and blessedness..

col 1:

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The elect, have not ourselves to thank, not our wise decsion, not our freewill as it were, but the power of God, which has made us meet, delivering us, rescuing us, from the power and world of darkness, where satan is ruler and god..

The world of the election of grace is saved from satans world of darkness..

Quickly a word on the high priest caiaphas, whom God used or inspired to make the prediction in jn 11, for no where conclusively is he said to be a believer, which means God in His sovereignty does and can use anyone, elect or non elect, to inspire truth from..

Many today in these days of apostacy, God has used to speak forth truth of the word of God, for the sake of His elect, so by no means are we to conclude that those who God uses to show forth some truth of His, by no means should we conclude them a vessel of honor. If you hear everything what they believe, you will come to the conclusion, that everything they believe is not of Gods inspired word..

Lets look again at the prediction in jn 11 vs 52

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Lets see the similarity in this verse and one chapter back in jn 10:

15-16 where Jesus is speaking to ethnic jews:

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [ of national Isreal]

16And other sheep[ not of national israel I have, which are not of this fold[ national israel]: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this passage is Identical to jn 11: 50-53..

also it is Identicle to 1 jn 2 2

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The focus of the redemptive purposes of God, no longer centers in the sheep of that national people, but now expands the national boundries to include, sheep from all nations of the world, as now the grater fulfillment of the abrahamic coveanant is being realized..

gen 17:

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

gen 18:

Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

abrahams blessings had world wide implications outside of palastine..

rom 4:

13For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

In other words, abraham becoming the Father of many nations was not condition on him, but was a promise given[ or revealed] to him unconditionally through Faith.

God gives faith to the elect so we can understand to a certain degree, the things that are freely given to us of God..

1 cor 2:

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Abraham had been given the same spirit of God, in newbirth..

But getting back on subject, yes the mentioning now of the world, or whole world, is the switching of the salvaic purposeses from one central nation now to the broader scope of the world, in pursuit of the fulfillment of the abrahamic covenant that all the nations of the world would be blessed..

gal 3:

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

And Jesus christ coming into the world, was for primarily in pursuit of this purpose of God..

Jn 3 16 ; jn 1 29; 1jn 4:

9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

daedalus 2.0
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by daedalus 2.0 »

Did he die? Did he exist? ;)
Imagine the people who believe ... and not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible.... It is these ignorant people�who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us...I.Asimov

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

daedalus 2.0 wrote:Did he die? Did he exist? ;)
This is the Theology, Doctrine and Dogma subforum. If you don't believe that the Bible is true, then address the questions in this subforum more along the lines of, "For whom did Christ die according to the writers of the Bible?"
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

daedalus 2.0
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by daedalus 2.0 »

McCulloch wrote:
daedalus 2.0 wrote:Did he die? Did he exist? ;)
This is the Theology, Doctrine and Dogma subforum. If you don't believe that the Bible is true, then address the questions in this subforum more along the lines of, "For whom did Christ die according to the writers of the Bible?"
Yes, of course. Please excuse me. I was going to get into a lengthy answer but quickly tired as I realized that it would be a marathon and took the easy way out.

Indeed, per the doctrine, what DID Jesus die for? God sacrificing himself to himself to assuage the hatred he had for the sins of Man - which included blood sacrifice... etc.
Imagine the people who believe ... and not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible.... It is these ignorant people�who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us...I.Asimov

Alethes
Student

Re: Who did Jesus Christ die for ? pt 1

Post #5

Post by Alethes »

beloved57 wrote:For whom did christ die ? The most controversial question within the religous circles of the ages.. Most all in the world today, believe that Jesus christ died for every human beingi n order to save them, but then turn around and say, the death of christ, in and of itself does not save anyone..but provides everyone in the world a chance or a opportunity for them to save themselves..
You did a wonderful job in showing that salvation is for all; however, I do not understand why you said Christ's death gives everyone an opportunity to "save themselves?" No one can "save himself." I am assuming that you mean when they believe in Christ they are saved...right?

John 3:16 -- "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life."

God bless you. :)

beloved57
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by beloved57 »

You did a wonderful job in showing that salvation is for all;
You misunderstand me, Jesus christ died only for the elect..

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Goat »

beloved57 wrote:
You did a wonderful job in showing that salvation is for all;
You misunderstand me, Jesus christ died only for the elect..
Which, you showed quite clearly not to be biblical. Thank you very much.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by McCulloch »

Alethes wrote:You did a wonderful job in showing that salvation is for all; however, I do not understand why you said Christ's death gives everyone an opportunity to "save themselves?" No one can "save himself." I am assuming that you mean when they believe in Christ they are saved...right?

John 3:16 -- "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life."
It is not quite that easy. If Christ died only for the elect then whosoever believes is equivalent to the elect. That is, only the elect of God are capable of believing.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

beloved57
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by beloved57 »

Which, you showed quite clearly not to be biblical. Thank you very much.
If you believe anything different, then it shows you are not a true believer..Jesus saved all he died for..

Alethes
Student

Post #10

Post by Alethes »

McCulloch wrote:
Alethes wrote:You did a wonderful job in showing that salvation is for all; however, I do not understand why you said Christ's death gives everyone an opportunity to "save themselves?" No one can "save himself." I am assuming that you mean when they believe in Christ they are saved...right?

It is not quite that easy. If Christ died only for the elect then whosoever believes is equivalent to the elect. That is, only the elect of God are capable of believing.
Actually, it is very easy because salvation is by the grace of Go through the finished work of Jesus Christ for redemption. Christ died for al-- whosoever believes in Christ (Romans 10:9), shall not perish but have eternal life.

Whosoever means just what it says, "WHOSOEVER." The elect are the people who believe and accept Christ as their savior from sin.