Jesus never said I am God Nor worship me!!

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Jesus never said I am God Nor worship me!!

Post #1

Post by muhammad rasullah »

There is knowhere in the bible where Jesus says that I am God or worship me? All christians who believe this are false in there beliefs. Show me please if this is your belief that jesus says I am God or worship me? What christian will defend their faith?
Bismillahir rahmaanir Raheem \"In The Name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful\"

Avoice
Guru

Post #61

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 8 by 4gold]

You believe Jesus is God? What dies Jesus have in common with the God you hear speaking in the Hebrew Scriptures. Or what you call the old testament. How is Jesus like him? He is nothing like him.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #62

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote:
I am Jewish and I assume you are Muslim. Thank God we have you for cousins. Our other cousins (Christians) are idoloters. I guess every family has its crazies.
Moderator Comment

It is one thing to make a case that Jesus-worship is idolatry, completely OK and acceptable here on this debating site. But it crosses the line of civility to name call, especially against an active group here. Calling people of other faiths "idolators" is at best a blanket statement and uncivil.

It's good that you consider Jews, Christians and Muslims "cousins" though. Just make sure people know you are being a lighthearted when you call some of your cousins "crazy" ;)

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus never said I am God Nor worship me!!

Post #63

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 1 by muhammad rasullah]

Good luck muhammed. They cant defend it. Their religion is only true if they can twist what God has said and out words in his mouth. God doesn't even speak in their testament. But they need him to validate Jesus and so at jesus' baptism 'the voice from heaven' is God speaking. It doesn't say that. THEY just say it is.

I am Jewish and I assume you are Muslim. Thank God we have you for cousins. Our other cousins (Christians) are idoloters. I guess every family has its crazies.
Muslims don't idolize Muhammed?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #64

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 2 by 4gold]

First of all the word christ comes from cristos. It simply means anointed. Okay..he said he was a son of God. So is Satan. And even further...yes Jesus is holy. So is my son. All furst born males are holy.
What jesus said proves nothing
Jesus didn't say he was A son of God. He said he was THE Son of God, and it was placed entirely on him (by God) to be the means by which mankind is saved from eternal death. He referred to himself as God's "only begotten" Son (John 3:16), which makes him unique. That means that he was the ONLY thing that Jehovah created all by Himself. After the Son was created, he, the Son, was involved in the creation of everything else.

So-called "Christians" have twisted all that to where I'm certain that Jesus and his Father shake their heads. The Scriptures do not make Jesus out to be God. They show very clearly that YHVH is Almighty God, and He does the giving---of power and of instructions and of positions---to His Son, His Son who gives his Father the credit for everything, which "Christians" ignore.

Psalm 110

Isaiah 61:1,2

(The "LORD" is YHVH. His personal name appears around 7,000 times in the Scriptures, but has been replaced by "LORD"---all upper case.)