Human sacrifice

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

catholic crusader
Apprentice

Human sacrifice

Post #1

Post by catholic crusader »

Would you accept a human sacrifice done on your behalf?

Or would you reject the human sacrifice on moral grounds and face the repercussions of your actions yourself?

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by micatala »

catholic crusader wrote:
That in no way addresses the issue being debated.
Please explain to me how any of your posts address the issue being debated?

Issue being debated.

Forum - Ethical Dilemmas

Title - Human sacrifice

Question - Would you accept a human sacrifice done on your behalf?

Or would you reject the human sacrifice on moral grounds and face the repercussions of your actions yourself?

You wrote.
McCulloch wrote:Would you call a judge just who would accept a substitutionary human sacrifice to redeem an offender?
I remind you that this is an ethical dilema debate.

Not a philisophical debate about the just nature of accepting a substitutionary human sacrifice to redeem an offender.

McCulloch wrote:
McCulloch wrote:Would you call a judge just who would accept a substitutionary human sacrifice to redeem an offender?
catholic crusader wrote:Nope
Would you care to expand just a little on this answer? I believe that it is an accepted Catholic teaching that God will be the Judge of all humanity. I also believe that it is an accepted Catholic teaching that God accepts the sacrifice of the human Jesus as a substitutionary sacrifice to redeem sinners. I have also been led to believe that they teach that God is just. So, what is it? Is God unjust? Or is God not to be the Judge? Or maybe God will not accept the willing human sacrifice of Jesus to redeem sinners? You cannot have all three without doing serious violence to logic.
Again.

Private Message

To: otseng
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:06 pm
Subject: Possible moderator misconduct

Ethical Dilema Human Sacrifice

My original post was an ethical dilema not a philisophical debate about the Just Nature of God and I posted it in the ethical dilemas forum.

I think it's a conflict of interest for a moderator to show total disregard for forum rules in the pursuit of pushing his own religious agenda's all the while enforcing said rules upon others.

To: catholic crusader
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am
Subject: Re: Possible moderator misconduct
Ethical Dilema Human Sacrifice

My original post was an ethical dilema not a philisophical debate about the Just Nature of God and I posted it in the ethical dilemas forum.

I think it's a conflict of interest for a moderator to show total disregard for forum rules in the pursuit of pushing his own religious agenda's all the while enforcing said rules upon others.
What rule was violated and where?

To: otseng
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Subject: Re: Possible moderator misconduct

4. Stay on the topic of debate. If a topic brings up another issue, start another thread.

So again please explain to me how any of you posts address the topic of the thread?

Maybe it would help if catholic crusader would explain:
catholic crusader wrote:

Not a philisophical debate about the just nature of accepting a substitutionary human sacrifice to redeem an offender.

I am unclear how a philosophical debate about accepting 'substitutionary human sacrifice' is that much different than an 'ethical dilemma debate'.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

catholic crusader
Apprentice

Post #22

micatala wrote:Maybe it would help if catholic crusader would explain:
catholic crusader wrote:

I am unclear how a philosophical debate about accepting 'substitutionary human sacrifice' is that much different than an 'ethical dilemma debate'.
Original Post wrote:Would you accept a human sacrifice done on your behalf?

An ethical dilemma is a situation that will often involve an apparent conflict between moral imperatives, in which to obey one would result in transgressing another.
Original Post wrote:Would you accept a human sacrifice done on your behalf?

catholic crusader
Apprentice

Post #23

OnceConvinced wrote:
catholic crusader wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
catholic crusader wrote:If you think i'm catholic I just proved that you make false conclusion based on questionable evidence.
Well if you are not catholic then you are deliberately misleading everyone calling yourself "Catholic Crusader". Such a name would bring people to the conclusion you are catholic. Are you attempting to mislead people?
I thought you knew that people make up names to use on a forum.

I notice that your user name doesn't accurately represent your real name or does it.

What happened.
It accurately represents my stance on Christianity. Most people's names represent something unless they just typed in the first thing that came to mind. If you are not a Catholic Crusader, or not even Catholic at all, then what does that name mean? If I was to go onto a medical forum and call myself Dr, then people would naturally assume I was a doctor or otherwise question that I was trying to mislead them.
Okay then let me explain my screen name.

Do you know what bull fighting is?

So some soft guy full of blood and internal organs takes on a large muscle bound ferocious raging bull.

The guy is no match for a bull.

The bull will just kill him.

But bulls HATE RED.

So he gets a red flag and waves it in front of the bull.

The bull charges after the red flag he GORES it with all his might, the bull RENDS it with his horns.

And he misses the bullfighter barely mind you the red flag is but inches from the bullfighter. The bullfighter doesn't miss the bull he runs a sword through the bulls back.

This only enrages the bull further.

The bull takes it out on the RED FLAG.

Every time the bull attacks the red flag it MISSES the bullfighter.

So all those wonderful posts you made you and every one else, that you thought would rend me limb from limb...

THEY MISSED COMPLETELY!

I achieved everything I wanted to.

I accomplished all my objectives and made all the points I wanted to make.

Meanwhile you guys are attacking the red flag.

GET THAT FLAG RIP IT TO PIECES.

SHOW IT WHO'S BOSS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for all the great answers

Illusion
Student

Post #24

Post by Illusion »

Lastly.

My username relfects me because.

An illusion is something that is other than what it appears to be.
Last edited by Illusion on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Scientific American article, Bernard d Espagnat wrote:

The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experience.

Atheism has "No evidence"
In a court of law if you have no evidence the judge will THROW YOU OUT!

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #25

Post by OnceConvinced »

CC, sounds to me more like you're the clown trying to destract the bull , not the red flag. :lol:
Illusion wrote:Lastly.

Seeing as your an illusion, I'll just assume you didn't really post that. ;)

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Illusion
Student

Post #26

Post by Illusion »

OnceConvinced wrote: Image

CC, sounds to me more like you're the clown trying to destract the bull , not the red flag. :lol:
I think you mean distract?

Remind me who's the clown?

Last edited by Illusion on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experience.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #27

Post by OnceConvinced »

:lol: You, CC, if you think you're fooling anyone by logging in under another user ID.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Thought Criminal
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Thought Criminal »

OnceConvinced wrote:Image

Illusion wrote:Lastly.

Seeing as your an illusion, I'll just assume you didn't really post that. ;)
For that matter, bulls are color-blind. It's the motion that attracts them.

TC

Illusion
Student

Post #29

Post by Illusion »

OnceConvinced wrote::lol: You, CC, if you think you're fooling anyone by logging in under another user ID.
1. Please take the time to read the previous posts.
Lastly.

Wow your powers of perception are unrivaled.

I explained that it was me.... AND YOU GOT IT!

I told you something basic and you UNDERSTOOD it.

To bad that's all you understood.

CC, sounds to me more like you're the clown trying to destract the bull , not the red flag.
2. I'm not trying to act like a red flag. Catholithism is the red flag. I tried to make it so obvious that anyone could figure it out. Seems it was still to subtle for you.

3. Thanks for the great responses. Click to see movie

4. Click here to see what #4 is.

Who is the clown? Image
Last edited by Illusion on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #30

Post by micatala »

Moderator Formal Warning

catholic crusader's post, quoted below, is off-topic.

It's mocking tone is also not in the spirit of civil debate.
1. No personal attacks of any sort are allowed. Comments about another poster that are negative, condescending, frivolous or indicate in any way a lack of respect are not allowed.

14. In general, all members are to be civil and respectful.

Deliberately using the forum as a platform for deception is also not in the spirit of civil debate. It is off-topic and, in this case, somewhat inflammatory.
7. Do not post frivolous, flame bait, or inflammatory messages.

catholic crusader wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
catholic crusader wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
catholic crusader wrote:If you think i'm catholic I just proved that you make false conclusion based on questionable evidence.
Well if you are not catholic then you are deliberately misleading everyone calling yourself "Catholic Crusader". Such a name would bring people to the conclusion you are catholic. Are you attempting to mislead people?
I thought you knew that people make up names to use on a forum.

I notice that your user name doesn't accurately represent your real name or does it.

What happened.
It accurately represents my stance on Christianity. Most people's names represent something unless they just typed in the first thing that came to mind. If you are not a Catholic Crusader, or not even Catholic at all, then what does that name mean? If I was to go onto a medical forum and call myself Dr, then people would naturally assume I was a doctor or otherwise question that I was trying to mislead them.
Okay then let me explain my screen name.

Do you know what bull fighting is?

So some soft guy full of blood and internal organs takes on a large muscle bound ferocious raging bull.

The guy is no match for a bull.

The bull will just kill him.

But bulls HATE RED.

So he gets a red flag and waves it in front of the bull.

The bull charges after the red flag he GORES it with all his might, the bull RENDS it with his horns.

And he misses the bullfighter barely mind you the red flag is but inches from the bullfighter. The bullfighter doesn't miss the bull he runs a sword through the bulls back.

This only enrages the bull further.

The bull takes it out on the RED FLAG.

Every time the bull attacks the red flag it MISSES the bullfighter.

So all those wonderful posts you made you and every one else, that you thought would rend me limb from limb...

THEY MISSED COMPLETELY!

I achieved everything I wanted to.

I accomplished all my objectives and made all the points I wanted to make.

Meanwhile you guys are attacking the red flag.

GET THAT FLAG RIP IT TO PIECES.

SHOW IT WHO'S BOSS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for all the great answers

Finally, catholic crusader should not act as a self-appointed moderator.
13. Appeals and challenges to decisions made by moderators should not be made in public. The proper channel is to send a PM to a moderator and to discuss it directly and in private.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn