Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Book Debate Suggestion

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

What's so Great about Christianity

Examines the assumptions of Christianity and atheism, and argues, among other issues, that Christianity explains what modern science tells us about the universe and our origins better than atheism.
Patty Mondore wrote:In this 348-page response to the charges raised against Christianity, D'Souza takes on such current best sellers as God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, The End of Faith by Sam Harris, and God: The Failed Hypothesis by Victor J. Stenger. [...]And he does it superbly.
[...]
What's So Great About Christianity is one of the most thorough apologetics books in defense of the faith that I have read in a long time. I highly recommend it to all honest seekers of truth, and to all believers interested in defending their faith or in answering the current attacks on Christianity in a thoughtful and reasonable way.
Contents
[row]The Global Triumph of Christianity[col]liberal Christians, Islam, atheist[row]Why Religion Is Winning[col]God module, natural selection, birth rates[row]The Atheist Assault on Religion[col]E. O. Wilson, Steven Pinker, Christopher Hitchens[row]Saving Children from Their Parents[col]atheism, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett[row]The Spiritual Basis[col]monotheism, Christianity, Edward Gibbon[row]Christianity and Human Fallibility[col]ancient Greece, pederasty, Aristotle[row]The Origin of Human Dignity[col]slavery, Melians, just war[row]The Theological Roots of Science[col]Christopher Hitchens, Gaunilo, Anselm[row]Christianity[col]pre-Socratics, Kepler, heliocentric theory[row]Reopening the Galileo Case[col]Galileo, David Lindberg, Copernicus[row]God and the Astronomers[col]steady state theory, Big Bang, Arthur Eddington[row]Mans Special Place in Creation[col]anthropic principle, principle of mediocrity, Lee Smolin[row]Evolution and the Argument from Design[col]Blind Watchmaker, Darwin, natural selection[row]The Methodological Atheism of Science[col]atheism, Francis Crick, theist[row]Pascal and the Reasonableness of Faith[col]Papua New Guinea, Blaise Pascal, al-Ghazali [row]Atheism and the Mass Murders of History[col]Pol Pot, Nazism, Nazis[row]The Objective[col]reciprocal altruism, Kin selection, Darwinian[row]Why Man Is More Than Matter[col]selfish genes, Francis Crick[row]When the Self Becomes[col]secular ethic, secular morality, thine own self[row]Where Is Atheism[col]Virginia Tech, problem of evil, evil and suffering[row]The Uniqueness of Christianity[col]Hinduism, North Korea, Aztecs
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

The Corinthian
Student

Post #2

Post by The Corinthian »

I have actually wanted to read that book, but I just know that the countless brain-aneurysms that have been built up in my brain over the years from reading his blog, will instantly pop, and result in me dying of a colossal brain hemorrhage.

I respect you greatly for having read it and surviving. No, really, it's good to stay sharp on Christian apologetic rhetorics, and Dinesh D'Souza is a very slick debater.
"Evolution is God''s way of issuing updates"