Fallibleone replacing achilles12604 on moderating team

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Fallibleone replacing achilles12604 on moderating team

Post #1

Post by otseng »

The moderating team has decided to replace achilles12604 with Fallibleone to assist in forum moderation.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

Congrats Fallibleone! I'm sure she'll do a fine job.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Goat »

Congrads fallibleone. :)
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Zzyzx »

Excellent choice.

What happened to Achilles?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Zzyzx wrote:What happened to Achilles?
Don't know. He hasn't logged in for several months and haven't responded to my email or PMs.

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by achilles12604 »

otseng wrote:
Don't know. He hasn't logged in for several months and haven't responded to my email or PMs.
A couple of things happened to Achilles.

1) Achilles wife left on military duty for a little over a month so I had my first "single father of two girls) experience. I have no idea how single parents do it. I only survived because of my family. Single parents, you have my fullest respects.

2) Achilles has started his own business. No webpage yet ( I wouldn't have the first clue about how to build one anyway) but I am now putting a lifelong skill to use as tree removal / fire mitigation.

3) Achilles flat out ran out of things to say. A couple months ago I was looking at my threads and I simply had nothing more to add. So that aided me in taking a break.

However, My life is slowing a little bit (not a lot but enough to at least stop in here), and so I will probably begin by reading up on the current threads and then throwing in some misguided thoughts. Atheists and Theists alike - LOOK OUT! HERE I COME!

By the way, good selection on Fallibleone. I see Jester joined the team as well. Two OUTSTANDING choices. I am glad this forum is still as strong as ever. Glad to be around again.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

Glad to see you back! O:)

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Goat »

achilles12604 wrote:
otseng wrote:
A couple of things happened to Achilles.

1) Achilles wife left on military duty for a little over a month so I had my first "single father of two girls) experience. I have no idea how single parents do it. I only survived because of my family. Single parents, you have my fullest respects.

2) Achilles has started his own business. No webpage yet ( I wouldn't have the first clue about how to build one anyway) but I am now putting a lifelong skill to use as tree removal / fire mitigation.

3) Achilles flat out ran out of things to say. A couple months ago I was looking at my threads and I simply had nothing more to add. So that aided me in taking a break.

However, My life is slowing a little bit (not a lot but enough to at least stop in here), and so I will probably begin by reading up on the current threads and then throwing in some misguided thoughts. Atheists and Theists alike - LOOK OUT! HERE I COME!

By the way, good selection on Fallibleone. I see Jester joined the team as well. Two OUTSTANDING choices. I am glad this forum is still as strong as ever. Glad to be around again.
Glad to see you back. Be prepared for some head butting :whistle:
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #9

Post by OnceConvinced »

It's always good to see respected members return.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #10

Post by Fallibleone »

Welcome back indeed, Achilles. It's nice to 'see' you again.
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''