Is Santana really Satan in disguise?

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

melodious
Scholar

Is Santana really Satan in disguise?

Post #1

Post by melodious »

Lorens wrote:You have often heard and read that human beings give this evil spirit and his cohorts, commonly called “devils,� all kinds of names. I shall explain to you why and whence this arch evil spirit received all the different names, and who the devils actually are.
Satana, Satan, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Gog, Magog, the Serpent, the Dragon, the Animal of the Abyss, Lucifer...

You know, if you take the name Satana and add a 'n' between the first 'a' and 't' you have Santana. I'm thinkng there might be a connection here. Because when I listen to Santana, even though his music is cloaked in new age Christian spiritualisms, I feel like being "dirty." It really evokes the naughty nature in me, you know, with all that lascivious Latino conga playing and all. I'm thinking you would have to be a really strong Christian to be able to overcome the temptations of Santana music. Perhaps we should add Santana to the list too.

Questions for debate: Is Santana really Satan in disguise? Is Santana's music a threat to the Christian lifestyle?
Last edited by melodious on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: Is Santana really Satan in disguise?

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

melodious wrote:
Lorens wrote:You have often heard and read that human beings give this evil spirit and his cohorts, commonly called “devils,� all kinds of names. I shall explain to you why and whence this arch evil spirit received all the different names, and who the devils actually are.
Satana, Satan, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Gog, Magog, the Serpent, the Dragon, the Animal of the Abyss, Lucifer...

You know, if you take the name Satana and add a 'n' between the first 'a' and 't' you have Santana. I'm thinkng there's a connection, Lorens. Because when I listen to Santana, even though his music is cloaked in new age Christian spiritualisms, I feel like being "dirty." It really evokes the naughty nature in me, you know, with all that lascivious Latino conga playing and all. I'm thinking you would have to be a really strong Christian to be able to overcome the temptations of Santana music. Perhaps we should add Santana to the list too.

Questions for debate: Is Santana really Satan in disguise? Is Santana's music a threat to the Christian lifestyle?
Anyone who could play Samba Pa Ti must be in league with the devil
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

melodious
Scholar

Post #3

Post by melodious »

I'm thinkin' you're right, bernee. For me it's Black Magic Woman - that just says it all right there.

M

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

melodious wrote:I'm thinkin' you're right, bernee. For me it's Black Magic Woman - that just says it all right there.

M
Black Magic Woman is a cover of an early Fleetwood Mac song (Pre Nics/Buckingham) that later became Black Magic Woman.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Your mother ain't so bad, What happened to you ?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #6

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Considering his guitar solo seems to have lasted 30+ years… Yeah, I think it’s definitely a mark of PURE EVIL! :shock:
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

melodious
Scholar

Post #7

Post by melodious »

joeyknuccione wrote:
melodious wrote:I'm thinkin' you're right, bernee. For me it's Black Magic Woman - that just says it all right there.

M
Black Magic Woman is a cover of an early Fleetwood Mac song (Pre Nics/Buckingham) that later became Black Magic Woman.
Yes, joey, I'm very well aware that Peter Green wrote it; nonetheless, Carlos covered it and it's good evidence that he's either in legience with Satan or even Satan himself.

M
Now some of you may encounter the devils bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment.
- William S. Burroughs

There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. - Frank Zappa

melodious
Scholar

Post #8

Post by melodious »

More proof that Santana is Satan: His album entitled 'Abraxas' is an occult deity much like Baphomet that represents the melding of opposites and is mentioned in Aleister Crowley's 'Magick in Theory and Practice.' Now if this isn't a "smoking gun," I don't know what is!

I'm going to buy as many Santana records as I can and burn them before innocent children get a hold of them. This shall become my life-long quest now. I've already deleted all the Santana in my PC library and am seeing a hypnosis therapist to delete the memory of that '95 concert in K.C. I saw.

M
Now some of you may encounter the devils bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment.
- William S. Burroughs

There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. - Frank Zappa

cnorman18

Post #9

Post by cnorman18 »

Carlos Santana may have sold his soul to the Devil to play the guitar that well, but Satan himself? I dunno.

Don McLean made it pretty clear in "American Pie" that he thought Mick Jagger was the Devil. Could be; the guy still has the same moves after more than 40 years, and the band is still touring and playing "Satisfaction," the greatest rock song of all time. It's unnatural, I tell ya.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by McCulloch »

cnorman18 wrote:Could be; the guy [Mick Jagger] still has the same moves after more than 40 years, and the band is still touring and playing "Satisfaction," the greatest rock song of all time. It's unnatural, I tell ya.
What a drag it is getting old!
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John