Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

bb79jb81

Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

Post #1

Post by bb79jb81 »

Is there such a thing as a bad soul? Is there such a thing as a good soul? Do all souls come from heaven, or do some come from hell?

Was Adolf Hitler born into this world a good guy, and then later turn evil? Did he even know that what he was doing was evil? Each persons perception is their own reality. You cannot say that he was evil, because that would be an opinionated statement. Nor could one say he was NOT evil.

Is it possible for the dark one to posess souls for new births here on earth. Every once in a while slip one in?

Think about this before you answer, there is much evil in this world, there is much good. Who created what?

Monta
Guru

Re: Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

Post #11

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 10 by hoghead1]

"If by nature, we are all born corrupt through and through, totally evil, then let's go be as evil as we can; is bad to go against one's nature.'

Yet Jesus saw something good in us - "if ye be evil give good gifts.."

There are degrees of good and evil as there are degrees in clarity and quality of a diamond. We are never going to be as good as God is for instance; if we were we'd be as God, divine.

hoghead1
Guru

Post #12

Post by hoghead1 »

[Replying to post 11 by Monta]

Yes. As I said, the doctrine of original sin is not a biblical teaching, though people often read it into Scripture. The Bible says God created a good world, not a perfect world, just a good world.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by ttruscott »

hoghead1 wrote: [Replying to post 11 by Monta]

Yes. As I said, the doctrine of original sin is not a biblical teaching, though people often read it into Scripture. The Bible says God created a good world, not a perfect world, just a good world.
My interpretation of the word good in this context, since it cannot mean to be morally good, must mean good for HIS purpose, probably HIS intention to redeem HIS sinful elect.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

hoghead1
Guru

Post #14

Post by hoghead1 »

[Replying to ttruscott]

Are you saying we are all born corrupt though and through, then?

Talishi
Guru

Post #15

Post by Talishi »

ttruscott wrote: My interpretation of the word good in this context, since it cannot mean to be morally good, must mean good for HIS purpose, probably HIS intention to redeem HIS sinful elect.
What God should have done is create one planet for every one of his elect and his wife and never plant a Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil on a single one of them. Voila, all his elect never sin.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!