Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

tam
Savant

Post #1361

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote:
tam wrote: Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1345 by onewithhim]

Indeed, John was speaking to anointed Christians. That was the focus of Jesus and his disciples---to gather the people who would rule with him.
Yes, to gather His Bride, His Body (all those who belong to Him and who will reign with Him).

That focus and that message and that call has not changed.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
SOMETHING is different from what you teach.

Do you mean to say that something is different from what Christ and the apostles taught?

The WTS is the one teaching that something changed.
Something has had to change, because the 144,000 has, reasonably, been completed.
Nothing has to have changed. The 144 000 doctrine (and Christians having either a heavenly or an earthly hope) is an interpretation of the WTS, and they can be wrong.

You haven't given a coherent answer as to what Psalm 37 means.

"The RIGHTEOUS will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 37:29)

What was not coherent about my response? What in my response contradicts the statement that the righteous will possess the earth and reside upon it forever?

Peace again to you,
tammy

tam
Savant

Post #1362

Post by tam »

Peace to you all,

I am just going to add something on the subject of anointing. Because the problem is not the understanding that Christians are anointed with holy spirit.

The problem is the WTS explanation of what it means to be anointed. The WTS connects anointing to a Christian having the 'heavenly hope' (the anointed), versus a Christian who has the 'earthly hope' (non-anointed).

This is not something that Christ or the apostles taught.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1363

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1358 by tam]

No, your dogma is what is changed from what what Christ and the apostles taught. If you don't believe that 144,000 go to heaven your fighting against the bible not Jehovahs Witnesses .

REVELATION 14:1

Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000

If you have no hope of being with Christ thats your biness but to suggest thag true Christians shouldn't entertain such a hope is clearly unbiblical.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1364

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1358 by tam]

No, your dogma is what is changed from what what Christ and the apostles taught. If you dont believe that 144,000 go to heaven your fighting agaknst the bible not Jehovahs Witnesses .

Then I saw, and look! the Lamb+ standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000

I have not said the things that you continue to attribute to me (here and elsewhere). You are creating a strawman (as you also did elsewhere).

The Bride, the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, (consisting of more than just 144 000 people) do go into heaven... and also come down out of heaven.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. Rev 21:2

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name. Rev 3:12

Then one of the seven angels with the seven bowls full of the seven final plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.� 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the holy city of Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, Rev 21:9, 10

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1365

tam wrote:
.... the problem is not the understanding that Christians are anointed with holy spirit.

Anyone that has read their bible knows that pouring of oil was how the kings were appointed in bible times. If you believe the anointing under the Christian system is unconnected with the Hebrew precedent, you are wrong. If your dogma is based a disregard for prohetic pattern, its little wonder you fail to correctly identify what the word "Christian" means.

Returning to basics is a good way to avoid the errors that aare evident in your conclusions,

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1366

tam wrote:
The Bride, the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, (consisting of more than just 144 000 people) do go into heaven... and also come down out of heaven.

No they do not.

I dont adhere to your dogma, especially based on a Catholic-like literal reading of scripture. If you belive that Jesus will not spend eternity with his Father in heaven at his right hand then you are rejecting scripture in favor of human thinking.

I choose scripture,

Jaws

Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1367

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1358 by tam]

No, your dogma is what is changed from what what Christ and the apostles taught. If you dont believe that 144,000 go to heaven your fighting agaknst the bible not Jehovahs Witnesses .

Then I saw, and look! the Lamb+ standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000

If you have no hope of being with Christ thats your biness but to suggest thag true Christians shouldn't entertain such a hope is clearly unbiblical.
The utter irony in the things that you say to me... just unreal.

Your religion is the one that is teaching what you just said above. Not me. Your religion limits the number of people who have the hope of being with Christ to 144 000 people. Not me.

I have NEVER said such a thing.

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1368

[Replying to post 1364 by tam]

You can criticize having a hope all you please, the bible is clear

HEBREWS 6:19

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain
That you don't believe anyone should have a heavenly hope is strange but since you confess to believing that the righteous including Jesus, will spend all eternity on earth, it seems stranger still you criticise those with an earthly hope.

Still you are entitled to have neither a heavenly nor an earthly hope if that pleases you as long as you allow for those of us that do.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1369

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:

No they do not.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. Rev 21:2

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name. Rev 3:12

Then one of the seven angels with the seven bowls full of the seven final plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.� 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the holy city of Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, Rev 21:9, 10

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1370

[Replying to post 1366 by tam]

The Revelation is symbolic and is speaking spiritually. We dont believe that Jesus has to be on earth to rule it any more than Queen Victoria had to be in India to rule there.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.