Savant

It seems like Mark thought Jesus was God

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

From this link: https://scottmsullivan.com/2-mind-blowi ... of-christ/

He mentions

Psalm 107:23-32 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

Mark 4:35-41 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

Basically Psalm 107 mentions YHVH as calming the sea and then in Mark some guy called Jesus calms the sea.

How can we not see the resemblance?

How can we claim to be Christian and not have faith in who Jesus is?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: It seems like Mark thought Jesus was God

Post #41

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 25 by myth-one.com]
Jesus' death on the cross is not what saves us.
Jesus death pays for our sins, his resurrection validates the payment and we believe in order to be saved.
Wootah wrote:Jesus death pays for our sins, . . .
No, Jesus' death is a consequence of being born as a human.

Once the Word agreed to be made flesh as the man Jesus Christ, Jesus could not escape His first death, and neither can any of us as:
Hebrews 9:27 wrote:And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So the first death of any human cannot be the wages for our sins -- as it is appointed unto all mankind, including believers.

The wages of sin is the "second death."
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8)
What saves us from this second possible everlasting death which occurs after the judgment?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #42

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Wootah wrote:Like for like is the guideline but money can pay for the damage of most things.

Is it compensation for damages or for offence?

JW
It can be one or both. Even if no damage is done in say an attempted failed robbery the attempt still justifies going to prison.

Can you support that with scripture?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by PinSeeker »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Wootah wrote: Like for like is the issue.
Okay if you kill a man you have to pay back with the life of a man. Right?
Not necessarily, but Genesis 9:6 is pretty clear that, while not mandatory, God does justify it.
JehovahsWitness wrote: So don't you have to kill a God to pay back with the life of... a God.?
Well, in essence, that's what God did. In accordance with His covenant with Abraham, by walking both ways between the halved animals (one for Himself and one for Abraham, who had been made to sleep deeply), God obligated Himself to death both if He broke the covenant (which He did not) and if Abraham -- and us as Abraham's progeny -- broke it (which he/we did/do). So yes, in accordance with that covenant, God killed/sacrificed Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, thereby satisfying His own justice on behalf of all believers for all of time. This is amazing grace. We serve a great God.

I realize it was meant for Wootah, but I have to thank you for that question.

Grace and peace to you, JW.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #44

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote:Jesus stated that for any human to enter the Kingdom of God, they must be born again of the Spirit.
PinSeeker wrote:Right...
myth-one.com then wrote:And that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
PinSeeker wrote:Right...
Regarding believers, PinSeeker then wrote:. . . many of us have already been born again to a living hope, as Peter says:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..." (1 Peter 1:3, emphasis mine)
Yes, that which is born of the flesh is flesh.

And that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And that which is born to a living hope has hope.
PinSeeker wrote:Jesus will come back in the same way as he left 2000+ years ago, very tangible, very much a physical being, a person, as Luke quotes the angel saying:
  • "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." (Acts 1:11)
Yes, Jesus was taken through the air into the heavens:
And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. (Luke 24:51)
And He will return through the air also:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)
PinSeeker wrote:And in the twinkling of an eye, we will all -- finally -- be just like Him. We will have our physical bodies, but we will no longer be perishable but imperishable, just like Jesus, as Paul says:
  • "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body... Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:42-53, emphasis mine)
Yes, the perishable physical bodies of mortal believers are sown or buried, and at the resurrection, these believers will be resurrected with imperishable immortal spiritual bodies.
PinSeeker wrote:Yeah, I'm incredulous at a whole lot of things that come out of you, myth-one, both what you say you believe and what you say I believe. In both cases, I'm like, how in the world does he get that??? But we can leave it however you want to leave it. I wouldn't recommend it, but whatever, man.
Please, you give me too much credit.

I'm simply quoting verses from the scriptures.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by PinSeeker »

[Replying to post 42 by myth-one.com]

Please define 'spiritual body.'

myth-one.com wrote: I'm simply quoting verses from the scriptures.
No doubt, as anybody can do a simple cut and paste, so certainly, neither congratulations nor credit is in order, and you get none from me. No, your egregiously faulty understanding of those scriptures is what has always been and is at issue. I'll give you credit for that: egregiously faulty understanding. :)

Grace and peace to you, myth-one.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #46

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote: [Replying to post 42 by myth-one.com]

Please define 'spiritual body.'
myth-one.com wrote: I'm simply quoting verses from the scriptures.
No doubt, as anybody can do a simple cut and paste, so certainly, neither congratulations nor credit is in order, and you get none from me. No, your egregiously faulty understanding of those scriptures is what has always been and is at issue. I'll give you credit for that: egregiously faulty understanding. :)

There are two type of bodies defined in the scriptures, natural and spiritual:
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)
The natural body is also referred to as the physical, fleshly, earthly, or terrestrial body.

Mankind, the other animals, fish, plants, bugs, etc are physical bodied organisms in the physical world.

The spiritual body can be referred to as a heavenly, angelic, or godly body.

God and the angels are spiritual bodied beings.

Man inhabits the kingdom of man. God and the angels are members of the Kingdom of God.

Little information is given in the Bible about spiritual beings, probably because we cannot understand their world anyway. We are told that they can "move as the wind," and we know that they are immortal, God is omnipotent, true, just, etc.

Of all the natural beings, only mankind may become equal unto the angels.

========================= Here is how that works =============================

Originally, there were two differences between God and the angels, and mankind. Those differences were knowledge of good and evil and body type.

Upon eating from the tree of knowledge man became closer to being like God & the angels by knowing good from evil.

The one remaining difference is body type, physical versus spiritual.

Thus, when asked what must a man do to enter the spiritual Kingdom of God, Jesus stated that we must be born again of the Spirit.

When born again of the Spirit we become spiritual bodied beings within the Kingdom of God. (recall from above that which is born of the Spirit is spirit?)

================================================

Believers will gain this one remaining difference between them and the angels when resurrected unto everlasting spiritual bodied life at the Second Coming.

Pay close attention to the following -- as you so obviously do not understand these verses!!

The verses are in Paul's letter to the Christians in Corinth. Paul is comparing the bodies of deceased buried believers with the bodies they will be resurrected into upon their resurrection at the Second Coming:
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. (I Corinthians 15:42-45)
This scripture is not complicated. You should be capable of understanding them!!

The Christian body that is sown is corruptible, dishonored, weak, and a natural body.

This is the natural physical body which is buried like a seed, or sown, when we die.

At the resurrection, Christians are raised up as incorruptible, glorified, powerful, spiritual bodies.

This is exactly what the above verses inspired by God state!

So at this point at the Second Coming of Christ, believers will have been born again of the Spirit as spirits into the spiritual Kingdom of God.

We will have gained that one item which separates us from being equal unto the angels!

Read them again several times if you must to confirm their simple truth.
===================================================
PinSeeker wrote:. . . your egregiously faulty understanding of those scriptures is what has always been and is at issue. I'll give you credit for that: egregiously faulty understanding. :
OK, no problem.

Having read the above explanation, please point out in detail my misunderstandings of First Corinthians 15:42-45!

Thanks in advance!

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by PinSeeker »

[Replying to post 44 by myth-one.com]

In so many words, you pretty much said nothing. Just a bunch of ramblings that I've heard from you several times in past threads. You never answered my question.

So, again, define our spiritual bodies. Wait... excuse me, let me play along with you here... define the spiritual body we will someday have. I'll even be more specific for you so you don't wander off again. What does the spiritual body we will (again, playing along) someday have look like? Can we... excuse me... will we actually be able to see each other? What does... excuse me... will we (again, playing along) be able to shake hands with each other or give each other high fives?

And hey, when you answer, try sprinkling in some actual grace. I have yet to hear any from you.

Grace and peace to you.

Grace and peace to you.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #48

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote:[Replying to post 44 by myth-one.com]
In so many words, you pretty much said nothing.
It fell on deaf ears.

Grace and peace to you. (as per your request -- "spreading grace")

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote: It fell on deaf ears.
Nope. You didn't answer my question. And still haven't, even after I was even more specific. Hopefully, that's because you realize you can't, because you can't even make sense of your own ramblings.
myth-one.com wrote: Grace and peace to you. (as per your request -- "spreading grace")
Running away... that's always the right response, right? :)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #50

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote:Please define 'spiritual body.'
The scriptures define only two type of bodies -- natural and spiritual.

Every living being which does not have a natural body has a spiritual body.

God is one example:
John 4:24 wrote:God is a Spirit: