Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses and 1914

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
polonius.advice wrote:They now insist that Jesus did return but he is invisible.

If so, how would they know he has returned?
If you are refering to JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we believe know because of the signs Jesus provided to identify the time (see Mat 24, Lk 21, Mk 14) and we believe it started in 1914 because of our interpretation of bible chronology (see link below).

Learn more
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... -prophecy/

JW
1. What exactly happened in 1914 that points to Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 14?

2. Was 1914 unique in this regard? For example, Luke 21 mentions "wars and uprisings". In what way is 1914 unique in terms of wars and uprisings?

3. According to (my understanding of) Jehovah's Witnesses' claims, Jesus' rule from 1914 is hidden and behind the scenes. His rule is invisible to most of us. Did Jehovah's Witnesses predict that Jesus' rule would be behind the scenes from the start? Or did they initially believe that Jesus' rule will be clearly apparent to everyone, and only after 1914 when no Jesus was to be found did they change their conclusion to "well Jesus must be doing it in heaven where no one can see"?

4. Do you consider the possibility that your interpretation might be wrong and that Jesus did not return in 1914? Or do you believe that it is an indisputable fact that Jesus returned in 1914?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses and 1914

Post #91

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:12 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #3]

Your dates have no basis of truth. Are you sure he began ruling
The basis is in scripture and yes, I am sure, my faith makes me absolutely 100% certain.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM and ...THE GENTILE TIMES and ....1914

GLOSSARY OF TERMS [END TIMES]
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Avoice
Guru

Post #92

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Justin108 in post #1]

You said it right. They changed their story when 1914 came and went.

They expected him to make his great second coming. They had to come up with something or look like fools.

Same with Jesus' second coming. Notice his disciples don't talk about it when they are wandering all over with him. If it was true they would have said ' gee Jesus..sorry you have to die next year...or whatever...but you got to do it to save us'. THEY DONT EVEN NENTION ANYTHING LIKE THAT. .......NOT UNTIL HE IS ABOUT TO DIE.

HAAAA...WHAT ELSE COULD THEY DO.
OH....HE WILL BE BACK

WELL...HE HAD HIS SECOND COMING ALREADY AND HE DID NOTHING THEN TOO. OH...BUT HE IS THE MESSIAH.
HE HASNT EARNED THE TITLE

Avoice
Guru

Post #93

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #91]

Basis in scripture? 1914 is mentioned in the scriptures?
Really? Where?

Avoice
Guru

Post #94

Post by Avoice »

You don't know what established truth. Unbelievable!! You have no idea how to judge what is true. OMG...you really don't

Your proof about the year 1914.::: What proof did you give? You quoted the Christian Testament. OMG! That's circular reasoning.

Here...let me tell you how to guage the truth:
ALL CLAIMS MADE BY CHRISTIANS MUST BE UPHELD BY THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES!!

You make huge claims that aren't upheld by the Hebrew Scriptures. Unbelievable!

The Hebrew Scriptures is where you learned of the Messiah. He is OUR messiah. Quit trying to turn him into what he isn't. I'd say get your own but you already have. Jesus is not the Messiah. And he never will be because he did nothing. WE the Jews have the say on this not you. You will wait an eternity for Jesus because he isn't our messiah. I'm telling you right now...I WILL NEVER BELIEVE HE WAS THE MESSIAH..EVER! Ever. You've waited 2000 years. You will wait 2,000,000,000....

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #95

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Avoice wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:56 am... Jesus is not the Messiah. And he never will be because he did nothing. WE the Jews have the say on this not you. You will wait an eternity for Jesus because he isn't our messiah. I'm telling you right now...I WILL NEVER BELIEVE HE WAS THE MESSIAH..EVER! Ever.
You "sound" a little upset (possibly I am misinterpreting your liberal use of CAPITALS). In any case, I dont recall asking you to believe anything at all. Since this is a subforum devoted to "Christianity & Apologetics", I think it can be expected that Christians like myself make contributions to the threads. I simply presented what I believe, as have others who have volunteered their opinions.

Best Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Avoice
Guru

Post #96

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #95]

You don't have to ask. It's common knowledge that Christians need the Jews to say Jesus is the messiah. Or he isn't coming back.
Very clever of the church. They think up a second coming when they realize he's about to die. What else could they say. He'll be back! And to get out out of having to explain why he hasn't come back they blame the Jews. It's their fault ! Noooo....it's because he isn't the Messiah. Well...the church has kept that collection plate going. Too bad for most Americans...because all the money in the United States says In God We Trust on it. The only Americans who trust God are the Jews. Everybody else thinks he changes his mind all the time. You think the new testament is the truth and the way? There will be someone replacing Jesus and he will be written in the New New testament. He changed his plan once he will do it again. That's the kind of God you think he is. Pray he doesn't be the God you accuse him of being.

No one is the Messiah unless the Jews say he is. Jesus had his chance. He did nothing. We will never ever say he is. I promise you that.

Like a partridge that sits on eggs and doesn't hatch them is he who gets riches and not by right will leave them in the midst of his days and in the end will be a fool.

Come back to your roots. If Christians are right and the Jews are wrong why then does it say that in the end times the gentiles will come to the Jews and say 'take us with you for now we know God is with you. If Christianity was true we would be coming to you. But it says you cone to us. The gentiles also realize theyve been lied to saying "Surely our fathers have inherited lies things where there is no profit. Can man make unto himself gods when they are not?

Come back JW.. h

tam
Savant

Post #97

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to Avoice in post #96]

Come back to your roots. If Christians are right and the Jews are wrong why then does it say that in the end times the gentiles will come to the Jews and say 'take us with you for now we know God is with you. If Christianity was true we would be coming to you. But it says you cone to us. The gentiles also realize theyve been lied to saying "Surely our fathers have inherited lies things where there is no profit. Can man make unto himself gods when they are not?

Christ is the root (and a Jew in the flesh).

Christ is also the Jew being spoken of here:

"In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”

As to what you have said here (No one is the Messiah unless the Jews say he is)... that isn't true, because it is God who says who is the Messiah; but even so, all the earliest disciples and/or Christians were Jews who did accept and proclaim Jaheshua as the Messiah.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Tcg
Savant

Post #98

Post by Tcg »

tam wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:47 pm
As to what you have said here (No one is the Messiah unless the Jews say he is)... that isn't true, because it is God who says who is the Messiah; but even so, all the earliest disciples and/or Christians were Jews who did accept and proclaim Jaheshua as the Messiah.

Peace again to you.
How do you know what "all the earliest disciples and/or Christians" accepted? Can you provide evidence of what they all believed and or accepted?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

tam
Savant

Post #99

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Tcg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Peace again to you.
How do you know what "all the earliest disciples and/or Christians" accepted? Can you provide evidence of what they all believed and or accepted?

Tcg
It is just in the definition of the word. A disciple is a student/follower of someone. In this case, a disciple of Christ is a student/follower of Christ. If someone did not listen to/follow/believe Him... then that person is not a disciple (of Christ).

I will add though that some followed Him at the start, but did not truly believe in Him... because they left Him when His teachings became too hard for them to accept (the teaching about eating and drinking His flesh and blood).

But all the earliest Christians (who did accept and proclaim Him as the Messiah) were Jews (and Samaritans, and later, non-Israelite Gentiles).

Peace to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Tcg
Savant

Post #100

Post by Tcg »

tam wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:43 pm Peace to you,
Tcg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Peace again to you.

Tcg
It is just in the definition of the word. A disciple is a student/follower of someone. In this case, a disciple of Christ is a student/follower of Christ. If someone did not listen to/follow/believe Him... then that person is not a disciple (of Christ).

I will add though that some followed Him at the start, but did not truly believe in Him... because they left Him when His teachings became too hard for them to accept (the teaching about eating and drinking His flesh and blood).

But all the earliest Christians (who did accept and proclaim Him as the Messiah) were Jews (and Samaritans, and later, non-Israelite Gentiles).

Peace to you.
This doesn't address my question. You've provided no evidence that your claim of Jesus' or Jasheptah or whatever other name one could invent was accepted by all early Christians. Note the emphasis on all.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom